Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sveatind" heading south this afternoon.

Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

thaks bengt

ships enough,the problem for me is that they mostly are moored,sailing is so much nicer.

loved that nightshot of you'res
      best regards Thijs

Comment

ships enough,the problem for me is that they mostly are moored,sailing is so much nicer.
        I understand you so well.
        Don't know about viewers, but often I get tired of my own images because I most often is able to picture moored vessels only.
        If I had a boat, just a 12 to 15 feet long one with a 8 to 10 hp outboard...., holy...., what images and angles I could've experienced!!!

In addition to 'Asimut' and others who picture sailing/moving vessels on flat water, I must say I also miss pictures of ships/boats in rough seas.
        So, if any of you friends out there have pictures, or take pictures of vessels in heavy seas in the future..., you know where to post
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Trust me guys, your images are always top notch and well appreciated

Comment

To someone 300km inland a photo of any ship is welcome. Under way or moored makes no difference. Ok, a little difference but not much.

Comment

mwah.a vew weeks to go,and then when you step out of your hotel you have wet feets
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Was that an evil laugh I heard?

Comment

you can see it two ways;
                  a.you are coming here in the autum period,so lots of rain CAN fall,maybe you get luck and we have a dry autum here,or you will have rain avery day.

b. don't know where you have bookt your hotel,but if it is in the ''grachtengordel'' canalsregion,you step out of your hotel into a canal
                  just kidding,you have to cross a street first,before you tipp over in a canal,
                  VERY dangerous when you step out of a coffeeshop
                  but you are,you dont come here for that
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

I laughed so hard, there was coffee all over my keyboard and screen when I read this

Comment

"Nordvær" south this afternoon in snow showers...

Best wishes from
                      Bengt Domben

Comment

The catch from the last few days, the photo conditions are really crappy but after three weeks of pneumonia any shooting condition will do

A greenlander getting her seine repaired.

An old dog having a rest.

Nordnorge heaving anchor today, windy and snowy conditions.
                        Walking in the shadow of the blues

Comment

Sorry to hear you’ve not been well, Speedbird, but good to see your photos (though you must take care of yourself, especially as the wintry weather takes hold.) The view of Nordnorge is wonderful. That person right at the front looks like they’ve been on one of Fram’s explorer cruises –at least the anorak is the same colour. And standing exactly where I would be standing if I’d been aboard NN at that moment! Goodness, I’m so identifying with him/her, and really wishing I’d managed to plan a winter trip.

Comment

"H.U. Sverdrup II" moored at pier 25 this morning.

Best wishes from
                            Bengt Domben

Comment

"Nordvær" in Breivika harbour today,the Norwegian flag is replaced with the flag from Faroe Islands.

Best wishes from
                              Bengt Domben

Comment

"Norbjørn" ready for departure, and heading up to Svalbard with cargo once again this afternoon.

Best wishes from
                                Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                                X