X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

Ship Spotters and Maritime Image Thread

In this sticky thread I'm inviting all of you that works, lives or travels by or at sea to share your nautical themed pictures.

The pictures can be from life on board, special moments or events, beautiful sunsets or just simply daily life.

Any pictures that stands out from your collection and can be related to the oceans (or sea) in one way or another.

Hoping to see many interesting images in the future.

Thank you for posting!

PS: This is intended for single images, if you have a collection of images from the same event or similar event, please feel free to create your own thread to share them and their story.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Don't know for sure if this is ment to be the old Endless thread (Increadible) Maritime Photographs, so therefore I don't make a link at this stage, but anyway...., here's some pictures of the small tanker "Sydstraum" that I worked on this past night. She came with 400.000 ltr of Glycol (MEG) to us at Swire and I was called out on duty to dock the boat and stand guard of the pump and hose.
    (Sorry for not having time to adjust my old camera)

Pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

General cargo vessel "Stabben Junior" at Kristiansund Mekaniske this saturday afternoon

And at the same yard, the old steamtrawler "Borgenes" sat ashore to inspect damages to the hull and estimate some costs.
      (It said "No trespassing" on a sign down to the yard, but who can take such signs into concideration...? Not me...! (Wouldn't have been too many pictures taken then.....).

Silage vessel "Aquafisk Senior" at Sterkoder Ship Yard (Sterkoder is merely a realestate company these days...., I know...., but to ME it's still Sterkoder Ship Yard)

Pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen
      Last edited by Sterkoder; December 27th, 2008, 16:55.

Comment

A couple of trawlers at Strand Rederi (Strand shipping company) in Ålesund.

Havbris

Gadus
        "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Langvin of Ålesund (Former Northern Osprey, Halifax N.S)

Enthusiastically regards
          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Eldøy, Aalesund

Enthusiastically regards
            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Trygg

Enthusiastically regards
              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Heeeey...., a "Kristiansunder".....
                M/Tr. "Havbris" was delivered from Sterkoder Ship Yard here in Kristiansund as M/Tr. "Rybak" yardnr. 127 in August 1991. It was one of the 20 "Russian-trawlers" from this yard.
                Oh..., I remember her being just a small plate of steel...., hahahaha....

Comment

Ødegaard Bergning's floating crane, Mammutkrana III. Info: Location Ålesund. Lifting Capacity: Jib 90 tonnes, Main 170 tonnes. Gross tonn 590. Net tonn 177. Length o.a 37,34 meters. Breadth mld 16,48 meters. Draft 2 meters.

Enthusiastically regards
                  Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Originally posted by TNAalesund View Post
                    Eldøy, Aalesund

I see they don't like seagulls in Aalesund either.... (hence the black net).
                    It would've been much better if someone could restore such brygger (harbour warehouses) back to the jewels they are, and someone could make use of them....
                    Here in kristiansund, the politicians/owners cover the walls in hønsenetting (steel fence)

Crazy gang!!!!

Nice boat though....

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Oh..., I remember her being just a small plate of steel...., hahahaha....
                      Hahaha So she has grown a lot since then...

Enthusiastically regards
                      Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

I see they don't like seagulls in Aalesund either.... (hence the black net).
                        It would've been much better if someone could restore such brygger (harbour warehouses) back to the jewels they are, and someone could make use of them....
                        Here in kristiansund, the politicians/owners cover the walls in hønsenetting (steel fence)

Crazy gang!!!!
                        Yes, it is a real shame to let the harbour history decaying and tumble down... But there are some owners that are doing a great job to restore these old buildings.
                        And there are still many places in Ålesund for the seagulls to rest.

Enthusiastically regards
                        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Nice boat though....
                          I don't know much about this boat, but i found some info on a website:

http://www.warsailors.com/shetlandbus/boatse.html

Enthusiastically regards
                          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Oh, If I had all the money in the world....wouldn't those make GLORIOUS flats??? I can just see a long balcony connecting the doors on each floor...

Comment

Originally posted by TNAalesund View Post
                              I don't know much about this boat, but i found some info on a website:

http://www.warsailors.com/shetlandbus/boatse.html
                              Well, I for one don't know a hole lot about the "Shetland-bus" , Leif Larsen and their traffic....., but I know that the K.N.M. HITRA (my image below) is the only survivor of the famous Shetland-buses of the world war 2.
                              Therefore ELDØY can not be a "true" and original Shetland-bus, but the shape of the hull is very alike...., isn't it...?

I would very much like to know more about the ELDØY.

Comment

Working...
                              X