Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Crystal Symphony and Serenity] E is out navigating again

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

E then looked as if she was about to leave …
    What are you printing, Lady E?

The Prego menu?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Comment

Y'all are hilarious!!

Ok, I admit I have been GROSSLY NEGLIGENT in my posts here at CVF. But I have been lurking.

Yes, I have just returned from 3 weeks in South America, going down the Amazon.

It was amazing. Truly. Not what I expected. Not by a LONG shot.

Lots of things to tell everyone..I have a busy busy busy 3 months ahead of me.

But it's all good stuff, so lots will follow.......

Thanks to Lady C for stalking me. I don't know how you do it...(And Jesse, the head of technology on Serenity, would also like to know....do you have a program, or have the computer room constantly monitored??? LOL)
        As I told Captain at the time...NO I was not printing out the Prego menu...lol Just printing out my mother's email for her (and sorting through her daily 167 spam emails......lol)

Oh, and if Captain (or any FB folks) didn't tell you--I MET FELIX BAUMGARTNER!!!!!!!! Highlight of my trip was at the very beginning before I even boarded the ship!!!!!!

Comment

Horrible photo of me--I had been out exploring in the 90f degree/ 80% humidity....

The Amazon around Manaus....where it is "narrower".....lol

Comment

Well you can assure Jesse that I’m not hell bent on overloading the server when you’re aboard!
            Funny you speculated about a program though, as I did once attempt such a thing ages ago, which was used for the old aft-facing webcam on Hurtigruten’s Nordkapp so as to capture me on the deck on my travels. Then D got interested in collecting the old webcan view of the harbour entrance at Svolvær and combining them into a rapid timelapse sequence with fishing boats and hurtigrutes scampering in and out! Doubt if he’d allow that on his network these days as he’s fanatical about timing issues and I’m in trouble if I as much as watch a few minutes on You-Tube!

It’s all done by cunningly knowing your cruising habits. You always sort your Mum’s e-mails on the first at sea day that falls a few days into the cruise, and it can take a while. Then I naturally I have acquired some feeling for likely mealtimes and activities, and of course noted the time difference of wherever you are in the world. On this particular day at what I judge to be a likely time, I’d brought up the computer room view on the corner of my screen while doing other things, and within 5 minutes there you were right on cue!
            Actually I recollect that the one cruise when it took me longer than usual to make the hoped-for capture was when Lookchin was aboard! …but I made it in the end.
            Oh and we were keeping quiet here about you mingling with a celebrity so as not to spoil your pleasure of telling us all about it yourself. I like the photo. Like the sunset skyscape too
            Last edited by Seagull; April 3rd, 2013, 19:16.

Comment

Sorry I have been absent from CVF this spring, everyone...it's been on hell of a year so far...

BUT, I think I can now safely give everyone a heads up that I am coming to Norway....

http://www.crystalcruises.com/europe...tockholm--3316

I know I've waited until the last minute, but we had some health issues in the family, scheduling and juggling.....but (fingers crossed) looks like we are all cleared to jump across the pond. If anyone wants to meet up or see Crystal Serenity, PM me as soon as possible so I can get the paperwork rolling....

Man, am I looking forward to this trip....................

Comment

Looks like you're ending up in Stockholm, that's my backyard. Let me check out my calendar and get back to you in a week or so.

Comment

Nice to see you in here again. As i watched in FB i was happy not to have your schedule. So enjoy your days along the most beautiful coast of the world and relax!!

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Here is Crystal Symphony in Hellesylt and off to Geiranger this morning.

MarineTraffic.com

Comment

Now arrived in Geiranger!

Comment

It's a mighty fine ship....
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; July 9th, 2013, 06:43.
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The "stalking seagull" strikes again!!!!
                          Hi!
                          Last edited by Seagull; July 9th, 2013, 17:06. Reason: oops...lost link to photo, now reinstated.

Comment

Crystal Serenity is in Aalesund:

Lady E is never lucky with the weather when she visit Aalesund

Comment

It was indeed not the right day to spend in Aalesund today. With strong wind and heavy rain. The temperature of 10-12 C felt like 3-4 C because of the wind!! I hope you are'nt "gone with the wind", Lady E :-)
                              Last edited by TNAalesund; July 16th, 2013, 01:41.
                              "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
                              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Working...
                              X