Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Crystal Serenity] Stalking E on her Crystal cruise....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's wayyy cool, Seagull...puts thing into perspective!!! I love it.....

Comment

E-
      Thanks for the great photos. It is has been fun reliving your trip with you.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        For real? That is pretty ... umm... how should I say this the best way, ehhmmm... nice..
        For real? –it certainly is! Check it out here.

I only make up stories about Trolls and Bears, and that only once a year!!!!
        –and what’s this “how should I say this the best way, ehhmmm... nice..” thing?
        No need to struggle for words dearest pakarang, in fact I am probably the only woman you could call “an old fossil” and she takes it as a compliment!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          I only make up stories about Trolls and Bears, and that only once a year!!!!
          Would love to hear one or two of those tales, I wonder if they are scary beings or wonderful at heart (I mean the trolls)?
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
            ...puts thing into perspective....
            Thank you for those latest wonderful photos Elizabeth. Brought back memories of my visit to Kyoto. But I did not have the opportunity to get to Nagasaki - now that really is somewhere that puts things into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Would love to hear one or two of those tales, I wonder if they are scary beings or wonderful at heart (I mean the trolls)?
              You already heard one pakarang! -the New Years Eve adventures of Wild-Bear and Lookchin - remember? Oh, OK, I see what you mean - my Sea-Troll wasn't in that one. Perhaps he'll be in next years . . . oh, and he's the wonderful/comforting, not the scary type of troll!

And talking of trolls, I went to an amazing and very Scottish adaptation of Ibsen's Peer Gynt at a theatre here in Edinburgh last week! Me off-topic again .....

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                No need to struggle for words dearest pakarang, in fact I am probably the only woman you could call “an old fossil” and she takes it as a compliment!!
                BRAVA, Seagull, BRAVA!!!!

Yes, the Peace Park does put things in perspective. Some things about the excursion hang in my brain....

1- the obvious spin the Japanese put on the museum commentary. There is no reference to Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March, or anything remotely negative from the Japanese perspective...but, as this is their country, I expected that..

2-What really bugged me was the few number of passengers who walked down to the actual hypocenter memorial. Yes, it was down a flight of stairs and about a 200 meters' walk...and I know some can't "do" stairs...but given the age of Crystal's world cruisers, I was very upset that more didn't go have a look...Even my mom. This really disturbed me.

Maybe it is the way they, as the children who lived through that period of time, were taught? Maybe it was the Japanese spin in the museum? I don't know. I know I shouldn't judge these situations without asking them directly- and who knows, it may have been too painful to see it, rather than my assumption that they were lazy or tired or didn't care....

But it really bugged me, as you can tell.

Comment

I’m so glad I mentioned Nagasaki, and that you said more about your experience of the excursion there. I can understand your feelings.

Comment

Well, all, the time has come to start packing for the next trip.. That wonderful annual odyssey that is "My Mom takes her grandchildren to see the world and insists the parents come along to keep them in line" family cruise. As you have gathered by now...We are headed toward many of you on Crystal Symphony. Here's dates and times...

Copenhagen Thurs. 9 July 10am to Saturday, 11 July about 6pm
                    Molde Mon. 13 July 7am to 2 pm
                    Honningsvag Wed. 15 July 12noon to 10pm
                    Longyearbyen Sat. 18 July 7 am to 12 noon
                    Ålesund Mon 20 July 2pm to 10 pm
                    Geiranger Tues. 21 July 10 am to 5pm
                    Bergen Wed. 22 July 8am to 6pm
                    Stockholm Thurs. 24 July 7pm

If any of you are around the areas at those times, send me a pm and I will send you my email and phone number so we can try to coordinate. I'm seeing Seagull in Copenhagen on Saturday, 11 July and we are having lunch on Jan-Olav's ship....Jan-Olav is trying to arrange his schedule to find us somewhere...

Needless to say, I would DEARLY love to meet any of you...and if we can arrange it, have you come aboard and explore the Captain's wonderful Lady...
                    Last edited by ehp; July 4th, 2009, 21:16. Reason: I'm a klutz at typing!!!

Comment

Well, I found out what happened to Serenity for the missing "two weeks" where no cruise was listed on her itinerary--she was chartered by Porsche!!!!

Comment

Now that is a proper corporate retreat!

Comment

And I wanted to show y'all the GORGEOUS spa on the second floor of the Intercontinental Hotel. I didn't have a chance to use it (and I forgot to pack a bathing suit as well!!!) but it was LOVELY!!!!
                          The fountain near the entrance

The "endless" hot tub spa

and the view FROM said spa had you been using it........
                          I just read online that the Hotel Intercontinental Hong Kong's pool was voted the #1 hotel pool in the world...

http://www.gadling.com/photos/top-10...world/2254391/

Comment

I just read online that the Hotel Intercontinental Hong Kong's pool was voted the #1 hotel pool in the world...
                            And you were there! Lucky you! YAY!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wow, that pool looks so good right now!

Comment

My dear Lady E recently went on a historical cruise unlike any other journey ever taken by a cruise ship: a transit through the NW Passage...

Here is an awesome film from Crystal Cruises which I strongly recommend you all watching... either right away or marking it for "Watch Later".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWs8o1QodCA

Comment

Working...
                                X