Forum upgrade August 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    I'll quite happily have a look if you'd like me to, but I don't know which bit you mean when you say 'Latest posts' - I can see the Forum front page, I can see the 'Latest activity' to the right of it, I can't see anywhere where it says 'latest posts' - see what I mean? I can probably fix it, but I can't reproduce the issue.
    Yeah... my bad, I mean "Latest Activity"... not my imaginary "Latest Posts".

Posts with youtube-links will not show up there.

Not that it's a big deal, but if you think the solution is simple it would be nice to iron that glitch out.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I click the "chain-link" when creating a new post and add the link of the (youtube) video.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        OK - looking now.

OK Jan-Olav, I don't think it likes inserting those as Links.

If however you insert it as a video, I think it will work.

Not currently working with the Youtube button - just investigating that.

Inserted as a video ...

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Ahaa... OK, no worries at all. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Very nice video by the way! WAOW!

Comment

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            First thing that came up when I searched for Honningsvåg on YouTube. It is cool isn't it! Bet it won't be that sunny when we visit later in the year.

Mark, I've just got over the heartrending sobs/naughty words stage, but the system won't let me edit a post. On the What Place Is This thread, as my puzzle pic. has been solved, I went to attribute the photo. Clicked Edit, the appropriate box appeared, I edited, clicked Save - but it didn't. I tried three times but nothing doing. I refreshed, changed to another thread, returned, tried again. But still won't play.
          It's no real problem in this case as I just did the attribution as a Comment, but could be a nuisance.
          But don't do anything just yet Mark, as it is probably just a one off blip. If no-one else reports a similar problem then it might be worth looking into. Something to do in the tin hut when you're tired of gazing out of the window wishing there were somthing to do.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Just trying to see if I can make it do the same thing.

Nah - works for me. The world is just picking on our Ivy today.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh sorry, Mark. In my post above I said "If no-one else reports a similar problem then it might be worth looking into." What I should have said is: "If someone else......"
              BAH ! But many thanks for checking.
          Working...
          X