No announcement yet.

Forum upgrade August 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your efforts, countless number of hours and all your hard work. I have no idea what this forum should have done without your dedication.

A simple "Thank You" seems not sufficient.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Probably going to aim at doing the upgrade on Friday evening (6 October). Everyone tends to be more active at the weekend, so it would be good if we've updated before that. I can't find any negative comments about the next issue on the interweb at the moment, but will keep my eyes open. Should be down for about 1/2 hour max.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Good luck with the upgrade.
        Thank you so much for your wonderful contribution to make the forum work in an excellent way, Mark
        Best wishes from
        Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you so much PoloUK - if anything needed from my side, please let me know!

I do have a job to do that night - an airport transfer - but will always be around to give my totally un-educated guess. (LOL)

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

OK - we're up to 5.3.3. Shout if anything doesn't work as you think it should. And I'll slouch in a heap and cry.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems to be running well!

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              Better than ever. Thanks.

• PoloUK
              PoloUK commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks both. Fingers crossed it stays this way. There were hundreds of bug fixes in this one apparently.

Excellent - so far! Well done so far!

Comment

Everything seems to work great,Mark
              Great job.
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

Mark, thank you so much, now it is so much more fun again to be around here!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks for that everyone - fingers crossed it stays stable. I'll try to follow this same routine for a while - when there is an upgrade available I'll upgrade the test environment first, wait a couple of weeks, then do the backups and upgrade the main one. It isn't too difficult then. Keep posting everyone - like Ralf says, it's much more fun now there is so much more coming onto the forum again.
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

A new version of the forum software, 5.3.4, has been released.

Same routine as last time, we'll update the test environment, leave that running for a few weeks, and then update the main site when we know that most people aren't having disasters with it.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well Ombugge - that’s fine apart from I think it’s 2.15 in Singapore now!

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it's 'cos it's not very good at putting the clocks back in the autumn. I've just gone to my settings - you can all do this for your own, under 'my profile', and told it that daylight saving is 'off' - instead of automatic. It now seems to have got the time right. For a few months!

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Mark. I'm now on GMT+1 w/o DST. It appears to work.

Excellent job as always! Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart!

Comment

Something weird has happened to some of our little photos hasn't it - the ones in our profile blocks next to the posts. I'll have a look at that in the next couple of days.

Update: It's the administrator and moderator links.
                      Update 2: It's Photobucket! Just trying to rescue the situation.
                      Update 3: Have saved all the other 'ranks', just administrator and moderator to fix. Working on it. Hopefully J-O has all the files squirreled away somewhere.
                      Update 4: Hmmm - it seems that these only get updated when we run the 'update ranks' function. I don't dare do that in case it demotes all of you lovely people to ranks that aren't appropriate. I'll think about that. You're going to have to put up with horrible Photobucket links under posts from J-O and me for a while - and it's perfectly possible that we'll lose the links to all the other ranks at some stage.

Final update tonight: The update ranks runs OK on the test site, so I intend to run that again when we do the software upgrade either this weekend or next.
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Could have been such nice days without photobucket!! From time to time i check the news to watch, when these idiots run into bankrupcy.
                        Thank you so much for your terriffic work on our platform.

Agree with Ralf, and I'm a Flickr-guy now.
                      The pictures I've uploaded to Photobucket are not lost, I only have to find the picture I want, click 'Save as' to my pc and then upload it to Flickr and use it on CVF, if I want to.
                      A real detour, yes, but in this way I can reload a picture if someone ask for a particular one.
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

OK, so we're upgraded to vBulletin 5.3.4. I hope nothing has stopped working, it seems to be all right from the checks I have carried out so far, but no doubt we'll find something that no-one else has ever thought of! Had slight issues with Safari on first post, but cleared caches and all was well. Fingers crossed.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X