• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-05-16 18.23.23 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

testtesttesttest

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Isn't it typical when corporate greed overgrows customers satisfaction. On one hand, I do understand that they also need to make some sort of income to be able to purchase and upgrade their equipment, but the fees mentioned in the posts above, are just horrendous - especially if there are a cheaper alternatives out there, that works as well as PB.

PB has been a pain in the butt for some time I think, even though I already have a paid account which will expire November 17th 2017.

My plan is a Plus 20 with some 27 Gb storage, of which is 46% full at the moment.

My greatest hope is that at next forum update which we are planning later this month, posting pictures directly to the forum will be possible.

I understand all of your frustrations - technology is moving fast and things that we have become used to and which are working fine, will always be subject to a complicated and costly upgrade. Some of you might even remember when we were more or less forced to upgrade the forum fromour previous provider to vBulletin many years ago. That was truly a test I had not been prepared for - but it had to be done.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe there is a silver lining here. It appears that there are more posts and more interest in the forum since the problem with PB came up.
        I'm also on a paid plan with PB (Plus 200/28.4 GB) and hasn't received any notification yet, but I may look into other options as well.
        The pity is all the pictures from other members that is no longer there. Is there any way (other then a long and labourious re-posting by each individual) to restore the pictures. The value of the forum will be drastically reduced if you see mainly text and the accompanying pictures are blank

• Found this on Digital Photo Review (looks like the CVF members are not the only to be upset):

https://www.dpreview.com/news/687574...lions-of-users
      Regards; Sigve.
      ---
      IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Hmmm - I don't have an answer to that one. Even if we changed hosting accounts to someone that didn't charge us for space, and we could upload everything, then everyone who had used PB in the past would see their previous photos disappear I assume.

Really don't know the way out of that. Sorry.

Maybe the only alternative would be to start a third generation of the CVF on a new (free software) platform with that sort of unlimited hosting. Dunno.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• New development which happened sometime yesterday - My photos have disappeared, but just show an empty space, not the Photobucket notice.
          My photos prior to May-2013 are however displayed ok. (I knew my habit of keeping note of what I post would come in handy sometime!!!)

At a quick glance at a couple of threads it seems Jan-Olav may be similarly affected, but not ombugge.

I had been about to post here to ask if Mark, or Jan-Olav now that his ferry shift has ended, had been doing anything to the software, or whether my problem is a Photobucket issue.
          My paid account expires on 25 April 2018. As J-O's (same type of account) expires earlier, in November this year, I was intending to continue using Photobucket until I knew what his intentions for the future of the Forum are. (From #122 above it sounded as if he would be trying to liaise with you Mark.)

Comment

• Ralf__
            Ralf__ commented
            Editing a comment
            Never loose your optimism. I remember such effects in the past due to software problems at photobucket, so maybe this is only temporary.
            Anyway another awkwardness by this company...

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            My missing photos have re-appeared tonight, 13 July (and pakarang's too).

• Hi - no, we haven't changed anything. We had been talking, and were looking at changing things later in the month when we were both stationary. We probably need to know what the options for photo storage are before we spend too much money. We're going to end up with just my photos if it carries on like this, they're all on my own server - that wouldn't be good!!
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            "We're going to end up with just my photos if it carries on like this,"

Well, not sure if I agree with that. I've changed to Flickr, so I'm posting again.
            (Haven't seen any comments though, so perhaps others can't watch Flickr-images in here..., for any sick reason?)

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            You're quite right Svein - thank heavens!

• Interesting aspect: Why do we have a thread called "Problems with Photobucket" since 2009, since we have no similar thread about another photo hosting site???
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Is it possible for the PB users to download all of their photos - just as an insurance policy? (That's a question - I'm intrigued how much you really 'own' the photos once they're on the server).
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I could see with a quick Google, some folk have downloaded their photos ok whilst others talk of "not being able to" or are angry at having "lost their photos" - but it’s not clear who may have had free accounts, or paid ones such as the Plus 20 or similar, or pehaps their subscriptions had run out.

I have several back ups (at two physical locations) of the reduced size photos (as posted to PB for use on CVF) and of course also backups of my original photos as taken.

Anyway the good news tonight is that those missing photos on CVF have re-appeared!

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh, silly me - just realised I have commented at cross-purposes in the first paragraph above.
              For some reason Mark (probably because I had been Googling around in some forums and on PB’s blog to see what reactions there had been) I interpreted your question as being about Photobucket users in general, and answered accordingly! I guess you actually were refering to the PB users on CVF!
          Working...
          X