Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Photobucket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

    By the way; where is our Captain? He hasn't been around for weeks...?
    I would suggest Facebook is a great place to start your search
    Last edited by Sterkoder; February 24th, 2013, 14:23.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

    Comment


      #62
      Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

      Originally posted by yvneac View Post
      I have exactly the opposite problem.Photobucket suits to me in what I have to do with.
      But they inform me my free account is almost exhausted (90% of 2gb with only 600 images??).
      I don’t mind to pay for more storage but it’s out of the question I use my credit card on the web for that.So I find myself in a fix with Photobucket.
      I have created an account on Flickr but can’t share on CVF with.The link won’t go (even by following Ivy’s method)
      If anybody can give some hints,I’ll take it!!!
      Yves, please see my PM today. You don't need to use the Link button on CVF.
      Ivy

      "To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

      Comment


        #63
        Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

        Flickr is free for up to 200 pictures. To be able to show more you have to become a pro-member.

        What about Googles Picasa?

        Comment


          #64
          Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

          Originally posted by Tommi View Post
          Flickr is free for up to 200 pictures. To be able to show more you have to become a pro-member.
          Well, you can upload 300MB for photos, per month, then it's re-set at the beginning of the following month. So if you reduce the size of your pics. you can squeeze more in. But I agree, if you want to keep your albums permanently, then that's not much help.
          But Yves does not want to use his CC to upgrade to Pro., although Flickr accepts Paypal. That does mean putting in your cc just the once, but then it is available for other purchases without the seller knowing it.
          Last edited by wherrygirl; February 24th, 2013, 21:32.
          Ivy

          "To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

          Comment


            #65
            Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

            By the way; where is our Captain? He hasn't been around for weeks...?
            Sterkoder wrote: I would suggest Facebook is a great place to start your search
            Oh, looks cool. That man has many gifts. But has he given up Captaining?
            Last edited by Sigve; February 24th, 2013, 21:30.
            Regards; Sigve.
            ---
            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

            Comment


              #66
              Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

              Originally posted by Sigve View Post
              Oh, looks cool. That man has many gifts. But has he given up Captaining?
              Captaining...., in the real world? I don't think so. Belive KORSFJORD is still his command.
              In cyberspace, in here? I don't know. Hope not.
              But who am I to give away answers about another human being. Shame on me!
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

              Comment


                #67
                Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

                Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                Well, you can upload 300MB for photos, per month, then it's re-set at the beginning of the following month. So if you reduce the size of your pics. you can squeeze more in. But I agree, if you want to keep your albums permanently, then that's not much help.
                But Yves does not want to use his CC to upgrade to Pro., although Flickr accepts Paypal. That does mean putting in your cc just the once, but then it is available for other purchases without the seller knowing it.
                True,
                but your photostream will only show the latest 200 uploaded pictures. That makes it quite restrictive to use.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

                  Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                  True,
                  but your photostream will only show the latest 200 uploaded pictures. That makes it quite restrictive to use.
                  Tommi I know we have a limit of 300mb on Flickr.As well as we can see the 200 latest photos.I don't mind,I use it ONLY as an interface to share on CVF.
                  But when you exceed this limit(200p),does it mean all the previous pics. shared on CVF are delete, therefore kicked out from the forum?

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

                    I know for sure that the pictures ain't deleted from Flickr. I tried to understand their policy, and I think that the pictures are actually still displayed even if you have more than 200. The difference is that you cannot access them via your account as sets, collections or as a photo stream.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

                      Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                      I know for sure that the pictures ain't deleted from Flickr. I tried to understand their policy, and I think that the pictures are actually still displayed even if you have more than 200. The difference is that you cannot access them via your account as sets, collections or as a photo stream.
                      Thank you so much for your answer Tommi.
                      I looked for by my own and found the same conclusion.Anyway I'll post via Flickr as well as via Photobucket until they tell me I am out of the limit.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Re: Problems with Photobucket

                        Seems like I have been forcefully evicted over to the "NEW" Photobucket as well... Since there now seems to be no way back, I guess I have to stay and get used to it.

                        Leaving PB would not be an option I think. As mentioned (Sterkoder?), if I stopped paying the PRO-bill or left PB, all my images would probably disappear from everywhere here on the forum as well.... and we are talking several thousands of images. There is no way in (that place) I will be able to find time to check all 45.-50.000 posts I have here and repost them.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                        Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                        Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Re: Problems with Photobucket

                          Yes, it was me mentioning that, Jan-Olav. I see it that way, and totally agree with you.

                          I had a major problem though, when picking one album to scroll through, I never seemed to come to the last picture, and I know which one is for each of my nine albums.

                          When scrolling down, PB seemed to just go over in the next one almost unnoticeable.

                          I wrote to the PB team and complained, saying that everything was better in the old one, when we had side numbers and 'View All'.

                          This resulted in the new PB getting side pages for each album the next day.
                          So, clearly the PB team exist, and they listen to any constructive critique one might have
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Re: Problems with Photobucket

                            That is good to hear... I have just logged in and I guess it'll take a while before I find my way around.

                            I just wish they had stayed like they used to... but I guess there is no way back now.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                            Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                            Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Re: Problems with Photobucket

                              The only drawback now, compared with the old one, is that when we mark to copy an image to let's say CVF, you have to click, then 'Merk Alt' (mark all), then 'Kopier' (copy) and of course 'Lim Inn' (paste) in CVF.
                              In the old PB one could clik in the IMG-link under the picture, and it would automatically copy itself (blinking yellow at the same time).
                              I really miss that.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Re: Problems with Photobucket

                                Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                The only drawback now, compared with the old one, is that when we mark to copy an image to let's say CVF, you have to click, then 'Merk Alt' (mark all), then 'Kopier' (copy) and of course 'Lim Inn' (paste) in CVF.
                                In the old PB one could clik in the IMG-link under the picture, and it would automatically copy itself (blinking yellow at the same time).
                                I really miss that.
                                That would definitely be something that I would miss too...

                                Perhaps we should ask to get that "feature" into the new version too?
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X