Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems with Photobucket

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    I’ll check back and report in the next day or two!
    Success!
    They’ve fixed the revert to old version!
    I logged in this morning, saw the opt-out line, gave my reason, clicked on the Switch back button and hey presto all is back to normal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Success!
      They’ve fixed the revert to old version!
      I logged in this morning, saw the opt-out line, gave my reason, clicked on the Switch back button and hey presto all is back to normal!!!!
      Same here!!!! Hope they stop "updating" to suite teenage customers only.

Comment

I must admit i am losing patience with photobucket. Nearly everytime i log in i find it's changed back to the new style again. Then i have to click on the 'Revert back' button, then the stupid questionnaire pops up again asking me why i want to change back (must have filled that in half a dozen times already), believe me, my response to the questionnaire is getting a bit more colourful each time!
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Hi, I never changed to the new Photobucket in the first place, as I was happy with the original version. Never happy with sites when they change their format, as it talkes me ages to get used to what to do. I think i am getting lazy in my later years...lol

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

It is quite nice and comforting to read here, that I am not the only one who dislike the new version of Photobucket.

I have struggeled several times to get the old version back.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from Photobucket with about 20 questions of what I dislike with the new version.

And due to all MY struggle and frustrations, and that I am not alone with the frustrations, I answered all questions. And also added some comments that I did not understand why change what is good, to something that is new and complecated.

And I am thankful that I was able to find my way "home" again to the good old version.

Comment

After going PRO with Photobucket, I have never experienced what I will call problems, and I always click at the small question in the upper right hand corner of the new version asking if I would rather go back to the old one. (If for some reason the new version should pop up).
              I never liked the new version...., where I struggle to find my own albums (!) on top of it all.
              I think the new version is built up rather silly (for my purpose).
              Never bothered to answer the questionare I got by e-mail yesterday though...
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Looking like we might be forced to use the new style in the very near future. Logging in to my account gives me this message, plus it's all over other pages to.

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I don't like being forced to do anything, and I certainly did not like it when Photobucket changed design and contents.
                  Therefore I felt the message that appeared when I opened PB two days ago (the same as Steve.B show us here) like a threat.
                  That said, I have changed to the new version, I've looked into the possibilities, and I've tried out a few things I wondered about.

My conclution:
                  PB works perfect for me and I can't understand why I was so affraid of the new PB

Comment

I have hesitated for a while now to use this new PB..
                    But after using this new PB I think it works great for me in all ways.

One is always a little wary of new things, especially when one has a feeling of being forced to use this new PB in the first place ...

When you've got used to the new PB, it only takes a short time and then you have forgotten the old version
                    Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

So nice to that it's working! I belive it has to do with certain changes made by the PB team.
                      You know, the first time I got "stuck" in the new PB, I could not find my own albums, and so could not post pictures in forums.
                      Don't ask me what happened or why I could not find my albums, but now it's all sorted out.

Comment

I must admit that i have not even tried to use the new version yet, apart from a couple of times when i logged in and found it had been changed for me. And on each of those occasions i was just quickly logging in to upload a quick photo, so finding a whole new layout in front of me did not impress me.

No doubt once i have had a look and worked out how to upload to the album i want, it will be as easy as it is now - if not easier. But, if i do find it take a few more clicks of my mouse, then i will see that as being a backwards step.

Time will tell, i will switch over and have a poke around. And it does sound like they have worked out a few problems already, so hopefully it will be an easy transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                          But, if i do find it take a few more clicks of my mouse, then i will see that as being a backwards step.
                          I have found my first 'extra' click, when i want the link details i see i now have to hover over the little icon in the corner of the photo, then click on 'Get Links', then click again on the image code. That is one extra click! Before all i had to do was over hover over the picture and then click on the image code.

But, having had a quick look around the new site, i must say that it seems so much faster than the old one, the old site seemed much slower at opening things. And i like the Library idea, made finding my albums very quick and easier to access. So certainly no serious complaints from me so far.

Comment

Good bye Photobucket...?""

There is now so much shit coming up now when entering Photobucket that I am considering not to upload any more photos to this friendly forum anymore.
                            By the way; where is our Captain? He hasn't been around for weeks...?
                            Last edited by Sigve; February 24th, 2013, 00:32.
                            Regards; Sigve.
                            ---
                            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

I used Photobucket and their free version for a long time, but it did not suit my need, so I went Pro and payed $25,-/year. Still does.

Did not like the new version at all, but since they "threatened" their users to move over from the well working old version...., I thought I'd have a go.
                              Used the new version for a couple of weeks now and is rather pleased, as I've found out more and more of how to do/use things in there.

The most irritating though, as I pay dollars to use it, is all this shit commercials popping up everywhere.

I'll try to hold on for a while more, to see how used to everything it's possible to become.
                              (If I decide to quit Photobucket, what do I do with the close to 9.000 pictures I have inside ?? If I take the images with me (don't know how yet) all the links to every picture I've ever posted will be broken, and so they will disappear from all my posts since I became a forumist. Sounds not interesting at all).

Can understand your frustration though....

Comment

Re: Good bye Photobucket...?""

I have exactly the opposite problem.Photobucket suits to me in what I have to do with.
                                But they inform me my free account is almost exhausted (90% of 2gb with only 600 images??).
                                I don’t mind to pay for more storage but it’s out of the question I use my credit card on the web for that.So I find myself in a fix with Photobucket.
                                I have created an account on Flickr but can’t share on CVF with.The link won’t go (even by following Ivy’s method)
                                If anybody can give some hints,I’ll take it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X