No announcement yet.

Problems with Photobucket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm unfortunately away this week for work at the high seas of Trondheimsfjord, and out hunting waves. I will be back home again next week.

A major upgrade to the forum is to be expected within the next 2-3 weeks, during that time, the board will be done for a couple of hours. This will be advertised appropriately in advance.

Some of the problems you are xperiencing (those that are caused by the board) will be rectified, but also as mentioned, Photobucket has also been through some upgrades lately (according to their support pages).

Hopefully, all will be back up spik and span shortly.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Just thought I’d mention a problem I encountered yesterday uploading to Photobucket, in case anyone else has encountered the same thing.

The screen buttons and sequence of clicks required to select files to upload looked different from usual, and resulted in attempting to load to a different album to the one selected (in my case this was a full album and so resulted in an error message).

I was at David’s, and he became sufficiently interested in the problem to see what happened using his other computers (which he has to check out how his own software behaves in conjunction with various operating systems and browsers). It became apparent that:-

The combination of Firefox with Windows Vista and Windows 7 has the problem, but Firefox with Windows XP is fine.
      Internet Explorer is fine with Windows Vista, so that is currently my way round the problem.

I did contact Photobucket and was pleased to get a prompt reply. They say there is an issue with Adobe’s latest version of Flash which is incompatible with their flash-based uploader, and this has affected some functionality on other websites as well.

They did suggest a method available to Pro users (which I am) using FPT, but that didn’t work conveniently for me (possibly because of the way I have my albums set up).

Comment

Not really a problem with Photobucket, but I did some "rearranging" in some of my albums on Photobucket, which naturally meant that I had to re-instate pictures that had gone missing in various thread. Quite a tedious job and I'm not sure I have recovered all.
        If you should come across missing pictures in some of my posts, please let me know and I will fix it a.s.a.p.

Question: Is there any known method to find out where there are missing pictures, other than to scroll through any thread which I think may be affected??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
          Question: Is there any known method to find out where there are missing pictures, other than to scroll through any thread which I think may be affected??
          Sadly, I don't think there is any simple way. Had there been, I would also have liked to do some "spring cleaning" in my photobucket account.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: Problems with Photobucket

MAYDAY MAYDAY

3-4 days ago Photobucket appeared with a new and totally different lay-out on my screen.

My account with username and password seems to work. But it is impossible to find my images.

I try to click on the clickable ikons. But NOTHING happens. It seems that everything has stopped. And I don`t know what to do to find all my albums and images on Photobucket. And I don`y know what to do to upload images to post here on CVF.

When I try to click on the ikons, the only thing that appeares is the letters "Welcome back, Jan Martin"

I logged in to Photobuckets own Facebook-site. And it seems that there ar a lot of people who have the same problem as I have.

Can anyone PLEASE help me and tell me what to do now. Or maybe help me find back to the old version of Photobucket ?????????
            Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; November 18th, 2012, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
              MAYDAY MAYDAY

an anyone PLEASE help me and tell me what to do now. Or maybe help me find back to the old version of Photobucket ?????????

Sorry Martin.I am the WORST person able to help somebody in these matters.
              Good luck anyway
              Yves.

Comment

Oh Martin, I WISH I could help.

Although I ONLY use Photobucket for storing reduced sizes photos and posting them on CVF, I have so many (!!!!!! ) that I had to become a Pro user (pay for) a year ago.

As such I got a warning about forthcoming changes, which I moaned about here on Chit-Chat-Zone

Sure enough, a few days later the new version appeared, but with an option to go to the new version or continue using the old one. No prizes for guessing which key I pressed!

I was expecting renewed attempts to entice me to the new version, but surprisingly haven’t had any reminders about it at all!

I know pakarang is also a pro user. But who else is an ordinary user and have you encountered/solved Martin’s problem?

Edit: just googled " Photobucket problems" and saw this. So maybe it'll be OK if you try again now Martin. (Well, maybe OK as in "seeing your albums and uploading photos" rather than reverting to the old photobucket!)
                Last edited by Seagull; November 19th, 2012, 09:34.

Comment

Hope you can get it sorted, Martin. But at least all your images seem to be there somewhere, just had a quick look at some of your previous posts, and the images are showing. Just hope you can find them on photobucket for yourself.
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Thank you all for great support.

It seems that it was my browser who did not support the new photobucket.

I got an advice to switch to Google Chrome.

I am not familiar to that browser. I am totally LOST when it comes to computer-things. So I hate when I have to learn something new.

But using Google Chrome I was able to log in to my old Photobucket account. So on that browser everything seems to be back to normal. At least I got access to my own albums and images again. And uploading whent OK.

Comment

I’d just returned to this thread to ask what browser you were using, Martin, having read, albeit conflicting, reports about some browser incompatibilies, but happily I see you have solved your problem. Actually I’m sure Photobucket will have to ensure compatibility with all the major browsers, and it looks as if they have rushed into their changes a bit too hastily.

Comment

I had a similar problem last week. I changed also to the new design, asking myself "why?" and it was not possible to search the pictures because photobucked did want to do an upload of prewiews first, which was way to big and stopped again and again. I was very upset, but found also the button to return to the old design, which is working properly. So since you returned once, Martin, you could try your old browser again. I bet it works!
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

As mentioned above, I also use the PRO-edition of photobucket, and when they asked me if I wanted to continue use the new version, I was very quick to click NO...

The old one is what I'm familiar with, and all that I need. I'm sticking to the old version as long as I can, until they force me to use the new one.

Comment

Exactly the same here, and actually I’m impressed that so far they haven’t reminded me about the new version at all – after clicking no, I been expecting a constant bombardment of annoying messages and persuasion to update. So far so good!

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              As mentioned above, I also use the PRO-edition of photobucket, and when they asked me if I wanted to continue use the new version, I was very quick to click NO...

The old one is what I'm familiar with, and all that I need. I'm sticking to the old version as long as I can, until they force me to use the new one.
                              I have just been forced to use the new version, which is not to my liking at all!!
                              There was an option to continue using the old version, which I promptly clicked on. I was then asked to log in again, although I was already logged in.
                              When trying to follow that instruction, I was told that the username or password was wrong, although I know I had the right ones.
                              I eventually went out and back in again. I was automatically logged in, but the "offer" to stay with the old version was gone.

I then tried to load down some pictures, which prompted me to log in again, which again failed.
                              I wish they would stop "upgrading" all the time, especially when it is no improvement at all.

Anybody have any idea how to get back to the old version without the "prompt"??
                              Last edited by ombugge; December 31st, 2012, 14:49.

Comment

I too encountered the new log in screen this afternoon, and clicked "Switch back to the original photobucket". There was a window with a drop down list of reasons from which I selected “I don’t like the new Photobucket’s look and feel”, and continuing refreshed the screen …but still the new version remained (though the switch back link was still there).
                                After eventually managing to upload one photo (the last sunset of 2012!) to my current album, I logged out and logged in again, with the same result.

I then went onto the help support and filled in the form, explaining the above, and ending with the request “I wish to revert to the excellent original Photobucket!” !

I must say I was expecting to be told that wouldn’t be possible, but in fact I received an e-mail saying:

Thanks for reporting this. Something went awry last night with opting out, it’s not working. Our engineers have found the problem and are fixing it now! We're putting an article up on our www.support.photobucket.com/home page about this and will update that article when the issue is fixed.
                                Sorry for the inconvenience!

I’ll check back and report in the next day or two!

Comment

Working...
                                X