Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Good job I saw this thread.
    I have a free account but with over 2700 photos on Flickr I'll be for the chop if I don't upgrade. But the annual price is very reasonable even without the 30% discount for the first year if you're quick. So I'll take it up as I don't want to lose the facility nor be reduced to 1000 images.
    All the info. is on their website, but strange - I've had no notification from Flickr.
    Me too, I haven't had any notification from flickr to my registered e-mail. I would suppose it would be important to inform all their members about this.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ok, so I got an e-mail from the Flickr-team early this morning.
      They explained everything, and offered a 30% discount on the annual fee of around $50,- if I purchased the FlickrPRO before November 30th.
      Even if I saw Photobucket as the only solution before, I haven't found any other place on the internet more suitable for a photographer than Flickr, so as of now, I'm a FlickrPRO user
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Strange Svein, but neither Jan-Olav nor I have yet had any email from Flickr. I have been a user for eight years.
        But one thing I have noticed is that there is a message at the bottom of the pages to the effect that things are changing. Not having visited Flickr for a while i never saw it until I read the posts on this thread and thought I'd better check it out! As I said in my post above, I'll certainly upgrade to Pro as with the number of photos I have on Flickr I'd hate to lose them as they'd disappear from my posts on CVF as well. Not that these are of great value photographically but perhaps are of interest where they portray images of places seen. When I eventually disappear they'll go anyway/
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Well, if you haven't received a mail, you get the same text and content as the mail if you press the button 'Get Pro' when you click into your Flickr account (above in the heading and towards left).
          I really hope this is not some sort of a scam, because I've already left my MasterCard info and payed the first year of my FlickrPRO account.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            PROtip: the subscription is running one or two years until you cancel it. As long as your card is valid - flickr will once a year draw the money from your account...! :-|

Yes, as I said above, I got the information from the website and decided straight away to upgrade. Doing it direct on the website should be perfectly OK, Svein. After all, if not there. where?
          if you click on your icon (top right on your Flickr page), then on Settings (or equivalent in Norwegian, of course) in the drop-down menu, it should tell you what your status is - free or Pro. It may take a day or two to register, of course. Don't worry.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            My FlickrPRO is up and running, ad-free and neat :-)

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            I've now had my very own special, personal, private email from Flickr - bless their little cotton socks!

..... I clicked my way around their website, and eventually found the sign-up page. A little more clicking around, and I also found the discounted price.

I'm also now officially a Flickr Pro customer.

captainsvoyage (naturally) is my calling.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X