X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works perfectly.
    Sharing from flickr is easiest done the following way:
    Be sure to be logged on your account.
    Under your picture there's an icon with a "square and arrow"-sign.
    Click on it, select "Grab the HTML/BBCode", then just copy all the text within the link box and paste it into Captains voyage.

Comment

• carinahansen
      carinahansen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats where I get lost..

Like this?

Wonderful, thank you all. That solution was to easy

Comment

Did you all see that FLICKR was sold to another company?

Did you all read the new privacy agreement you have to agree to now or at a later date?

I wonder if this, within time, will have any affect on third-party hosting. Lets pray to our highest deities that they don't do the same thing PB did.... starting to charge horrendous amounts for such services.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I don't like this at all, Jan-Olav. Nothing on the Web ever seems to change for the better. When I first started using Flickr years ago I liked the simplicity of its opening layout with Photostream down one side and Collections in small format showing at the left. You could see what was what at a glance. If a viewer were interested in a particular topic they could click on that Collection and the various albums on that topic.would open up.Then they changed it all. Now the Photostream opens with the picture dimensions changed to fit the space available and searching for a particular topic means wading through all the albums to find it. Yes, there are other methods, but why add time-wasting extra steps?
        I get my usage free because of some link somewhere - I've lost track of where now! I haven't yet read the privacy agreement but overall I share your fears on third party hosting and the possible/probable hiking of charges. I read the blah- blah and wonder when the "small print" will appear.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thank you so much, wherrygirl.

I agree with you so much - I fear that this may have similar implications we experienced before with Photobucket. Naturally, it might also not happen, and I certainly hope we can continue as we have done.

I will take some time later tonight and read through all those fine-print and long boring, new privacy agreements we all are forced to accept.

I might be stirring up a storm in a water glass, and to some extent, I hope it's nothing to worry about.

By the way, wherrygirl, do you currently subscribe to a paid membership at flickr?

I'm still at the free user level, and have not had to upgrade to pro yet.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Do you know, I thought I had a Pro membership, even though I have never paid for it. The link seems to have been Yahoo, the owner of Flickr until now, and BT (British Telecom). BT has always been my main ISP and at some time after I signed up with them, and soon after also with Flickr, they linked with Yahoo. Then the latter joined up with Flickr and everyone became one big, happy family (or something ). I found that I had Pro membership - buckshee! A reward for having already been part of Yahoo via BT???? I had never applied for it, but there it was. Goodness knows.
            Then one day BT and Yahoo were no longer friends (better than any fairy tale, these goings on) and they parted. My Pro membership remained untouched.
            But now, after wading wearily through the small print gubbins from SmugMug last night I decided to check on my membership and found it is now the free one. I'm quite happy about that as I was wondering what would happen after the change-over. With 1TB storage, way, way beyond what I'll ever use, I'm not bothered about the other extras, the only one I ever used was the Stats page.
            There doesn't seem to be anything much to worry about at the moment, does there? They avow that there will be no immediate changes, neither are there as yet any plans to alter anything. Mind you, they cover themselves by assuring us that they will give us plenty of notice should they start planning some devious alteration. I looked at the extras you get with Pro and I wouldn't have thought that any of them would be particularly attractive to you - but you never know what you might get up to! The only thing might be the storage, depending on what size your images are.
            I suggest we hold tight and see what transpires, eh Jan-Olav?
            Oh yes - who's wherrygirl???
            Ivy

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - I had a look around too, but kept thinking that "I don't trust these corporates....".

Hopefully, everything will work out. I agree with you, lets look at it in positive way and hope that we can continue the path we have been on for a while.

I also looked at the PRO membership, but didn't find anything that makes me want to pay for that. I guess we can't have PRO-memberships everywhere, right?

Comment

OH NO... what we feared has happened.

The Photobucket-ransom is come to Flickr - as we feared.

Received this notice today:

Updates.

Free accounts will soon be limited to 1,000 photos or videos. Flickr isn't Flickr without the contributions and participation of our free members, and we remain committed to a vibrant, free offering.
                So, now the question is, how much?

Comment

Maybe there's info about it elsewhere on CVF, but anyway; what would it take..., or is it possible, to let members of CVF upload a number of pictures to their post directly from their pc/mac like let's say one do on Facebook?
                  Then we would be totally independent and in no need of services like the bucket or Flickr. (Just thinking out loud without knowing the technical side of the issue).
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Good point.

I think we'l wait a short while more and see if we can find the pricing of flickr. In the future, there will certainly be no more free image hosting sites. Profit is important.

But I hope Flickr doesn't do the same mistake as Photobucket, and introduce very expensive plans.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree.
                      I guess you are correct when suggesting there will be no more free picture hosting out there. The bucket opened the access to our pictures already there again, but lately, I've noticed they put large watermarks on them.
                      Really hope Flickr just set a price, and don't start to tamper with or block our pictures already on their site.

This is what I've see reported so far in a number of places:-
                    https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/1/1...iption-smugmug

I'm on a free account at the moment but have about 800 pictures already so would upgrade to a pro account (even though I have no interest whatsoever in all the extra features). The 'pay annually' option is tolerable.

Comment

The no-ad thingy is a welcome thing, and the annual fee is "tolerable" when compared to the outrageous prices PB asked for.

Thanks for the link - good with some more background. I was about to search for it too, but something intervened and you got to it before me.

Comment

I've been a "Pro" since 2007 when I decided to pay to get rid of the "200 picture limit" that was back in those days.
                        Compared to other online pictures hosting, I think the cost is fair.
                        The cheapest solution would probably be to set up an own server here my in flat, but I'm too occupied to keep it running.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                          I've been a "Pro" since 2007 when I decided to pay to get rid of the "200 picture limit" that was back in those days.
                          Compared to other online pictures hosting, I think the cost is fair.
                          The cheapest solution would probably be to set up an own server here my in flat, but I'm too occupied to keep it running.
                          Thank you for the input, and I think I agree. The Flickr fees seems reasonable compared to other services.

My own server is not an option: due to cost and maintenance (and technical illiteracy).

Must also mention that I giggles at the 200-picture-limit. That's nothing (in today's world). Almost like the first memory cards.... 128Mb... !

Comment

Good job I saw this thread.
                            I have a free account but with over 2700 photos on Flickr I'll be for the chop if I don't upgrade. But the annual price is very reasonable even without the 30% discount for the first year if you're quick. So I'll take it up as I don't want to lose the facility nor be reduced to 1000 images.
                            All the info. is on their website, but strange - I've had no notification from Flickr.
                            Ivy

Comment

Working...
                            X