No announcement yet.

Flickr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterkoder, there's a quick easy way to get your photos from Flickr into CV. (Using Firefox)
    Go to your photo > choose the size you want > right click and view image > copy URL > paste into CV Insert Image > Done!
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

I think that it is often best to stick with what you know and like...

Comment

I'm also on flickr for a while... but found it too be a bit too much, especially since PB does what I need and that is enough.

I have two images on flickr, and I think it might not be much more.

But, the bottom line is as mentioned, as long as you are happy with what you have: stick with it!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

For those who wants to live the easy and simple life is probably Photobucket a good option when you're using it just for storage to use for forums
          For us that uses it for more must use PBase and Flickr etc.
          View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tom McNikon View Post
            For those who wants to live the easy and simple life is probably Photobucket a good option when you're using it just for storage to use for forums

For us that uses it for more must use PBase and Flickr etc.
            I agree, that is well said.

So far today, PB gives me exactly what I need without a lot of fuss, but maybe in the future, who knows! It's like the iPHONE... before I had one, I didn't know how much I needed one..
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Stick with what we like..., I agree.
              Now, is there anyone else useing Photobucket who has had trouble with the pages over the last two days???
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

As I've let you into my personal PB problems, I might as well tell you the status:

Photobucket is working fine with me now!!!
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Re: Flickr

Anyone using Flickr? I have just discovered that masses of my photos missing. I wanted one which I had put in my 366 thread and found that many of that month and others on Flickr are gone. They have also gone from my thread here, too.
                  I sampled other collections and there are so many photos just gone. As many of them were posted here too that means there will be just the title to see.

PS. They're working on it. Masses of others are in the same boat so banks of servers must be having a tea-break. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can't cross my toes as well because my feet are so tired from so much walking this week.
                  Last edited by wherrygirl; May 4th, 2013, 18:15.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    Anyone using Flickr? I have just discovered that masses of my photos missing. I wanted one which I had put in my 366 thread and found that many of that month and others on Flickr are gone. They have also gone from my thread here, too.
                    I sampled other collections and there are so many photos just gone. As many of them were posted here too that means there will be just the title to see.

PS. They're working on it. Masses of others are in the same boat so banks of servers must be having a tea-break. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can't cross my toes as well because my feet are so tired from so much walking this week.
                    See what you mean... sometimes photos in the same sets.

Comment

They did well, despite the seeming chaos all round. Last night all was back to normal. Phew! After being in Farm 5 for several years my current photos are in Farm 9!
                      Ivy

Comment

Flickr has gone mad. I was in the middle of uploading when it said "failed". Suddenly the whole screen changed - they've changed layout and goodness knows what else. Why do they have to change what was a perfectly workable system? All the photostream now has the photos enlarged and it's gone all fancy.
                        Oh %^&&^$£^* bother!
                        Last edited by wherrygirl; May 20th, 2013, 23:51.
                        Ivy

Comment

I do wish they'd stop messing about. A new beta system has appeared now. I viewed the invitation suspiciously for a week or so, then gave it a try. But I couldn't find my way back for some time. Now they seem to have made it permament and having uploaded from my HD I went to get the BBCode to post on CVF and was presented with three icons to choose from. Hovering produced no explanation of what each one will do, so I held my breath and clicked the first one. No puff of smoke, everything was still there. But it was not what I wanted. The second one - same result. Got to be this one, I muttered, and fortunately it was.
                          But why on earth the change???? And if they must mess about, why no hover-info. to smooth the path? They now invite feedback. Shall I give them some? I'll have to sharpen up my psychic powers, which are already stretched to the limit trying to find a way through the maze that is BT let alone Flickr. Cecilia was right when she said everything was getting much more complicated nowadays. But most of these "enhancements" are simply tinkering with things that were perfectly satisfactory as they stood.
                          Ivy

Comment

Oh! Oh! Oh! Flickr are getting themselves in a hell of a mess with this new beta system. They're trying out various ideas, they say. And how! In the process they are making a right so-and-so of some pretty basic functions. I can no longer access the BBCode in order to bring photos over to CVF. Yet another new box has appeared to enable sharing, but when I click on the push-pin icon as before it tells me that I must make my photos public before I'm allowed the BBCode. With one exception, all my Flickr photos are public. There is even a new drop-down menu on any particular photo which shows that is public.There is the option to opt out - presumably of the beta version, and that I may do. But such is my distrust of the techies' ability to produce programming that works that I fear what may result if I revert.
                            You should see the complaints. Good job they also have a censor!
                            Flickr used to have a good, clean interface. Now it has gone all fancy, and, as many members say, is trying to make itself into yet another social networking site. Ye gods and little fishes, do we need another one?
                            Ivy

Comment

• wherrygirl
                              wherrygirl commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well, I emailed Flickr with the problem and, having had a quick personal reponse, I have gone through what is now happening when I try to access the code.
                              I await developments, as they say.

• pilotdane
                              pilotdane commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's not unique to Flicker. I had similar issues with PhotoBucket and their latest and greatest update. After all their improvements I still vastly preffer the old version. It's my big gripe against online photo hosting sites. You are always subject to their whim and desire to update things that have worked for years.

• wherrygirl
                              wherrygirl commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I had a reply this morning. They have tested the three photo URLS I sent them and agree the problem. It has been passed to join the engineers' issues queue for resolution. I think I'll now revert to the old system, but tremble at the thought that maybe the problem will apply there as well.

Ivy had a problem, Flickr wouldn't play.
                            She clicked it here
                            She clicked it there
                            She clicked the darn thing everywhere
                            Throughout the long, long day.

She mailed the Flickr helpers, so sorry they all said.
                            We’ve tried it here,
                            We’ve tried it there,
                            You’re right, it won’t work anywhere
                            But now we’re off to bed.

Next day she had an email, they’d passed her problem on,
                            To techies here
                            And techies there
                            To all the techies everywhere
                            For them to work upon.

But Ivy was impatient, she wanted answers NOW.
                            She clicked it here,
                            She clicked it there
                            She told it to go back to where
                            Access it would allow.

And Ivy was delighted, for now her problem solved
                            She’ll click it here
                            She’ll click it there,
                            She’ll click the darned thing everywhere
                            It WILL do as it’s told.

Oh hurray, hurray. Just reverted and at first thought it hadn't worked as the new fancy layout was still there. But it is the version before the version before the version....... and I can now get the BBCode.

Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                              ombugge commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Put a catchy tune to this and you have a Eurovision winner!!!

Help Does anyone see the photo I've tried to upload here, in this post? I'm having some problems with Flickr/the new layout in the forum, and arent able to post, whether I upload attachment or from URL.. Please let me know if the photo appears to you, or not. Now I've only made a IMG-code and pasted the photo-url inside. Hope it works..

Comment

• yvneac
                              yvneac commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I agree.Come back Carina!

• Seagull
                              Seagull commented
                              Editing a comment
                              YES Carina - even I can see it in Thailand on an iPad! :-)

• Steve.B
                              Steve.B commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, no problems seeing that stunning image!
                          Working...
                          X