Flickr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr

for those of us who upload photos to Flickr and then display them on this forum, there is now a 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' under the "Share this" link on each photo. Makes posting to CV much easier.

Thanks for the heads up Gaelsail, the coding makes life a bit easier. I've been on Flickr for a long while now, and the new changes they implemented cause quite a stir.
    Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
      Thanks for the heads up Gaelsail, the coding makes life a bit easier. I've been on Flickr for a long while now, and the new changes they implemented cause quite a stir.
      I do have a flickr account as well, though I have not tended very much to it.

I only have so much time.

I have come to have gotten so accustomed to photobucket for so many years, it's hard to look to another.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I can't even understand why people even want to use the lousy shit called Photobucket
        After trying flickr, I deleted my photobucket account
        View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

I've got both....something to research....thanks!

Comment

Photobucket is just so simple and straightforward to use for the only thing I need – getting my photos from my computer onto CVF.

Perhaps it seems different for folk who are doing lots of different things on the internet, and who want a “one fits all” type of solution to everything.

I do very occasionally use another site, Photobox, for printing stuff - they make a reasonable job of greeting cards, calendars and T-shirts, although the options for doing so seem to be confusingly increasing yet moving away from what I actually want. For example they used to have a template very like pakarangs current style of showing his images on CV, whereas now to mimic that I’d have to do the whole thing myself (in Photoshop or in my case PaintShopPro) before uploading it to Photobox, and anything to do with unusual aspect ratios and cropping is very hit and miss. (Similarly there are now no wording captions on the T-shirts so I had to produce the combined picture and wording for my latest CaptainsVoyage wear.)

I should add that I don’t have any wish to use any of these photo sites to organise my original photos – happier doing that on my computer in my own idiosyncratic way.

Comment

Hear, hear... I agree with Seagull 100%. Exactly my sentiments as well.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I use only Flickr, which I started simply to show friends some of my Aussie photos, then from there the collection just grew. Then Gaelsail invited me on to CV and I found his instructions to another member on how to transfer to the Forum, though in the end I used my own version of that. But I never had any problem with using the HTML code for a photo and the only difference I find now is that instead of it being immediately below the picture I must now click "Share This" above the pic. after having determined the size needed. No problem. Except that one thing puzzles and amuses me. When I paste the HTML into the Link box on CV it appears in duplicate, with the copy being highlighted ready to delete!
                In earlier days and a fit of enthusiasm I downloaded Google's Picasa, but found it did not serve my purpose, so although it still sits on the hard drive it remains untouched. Like Seagull, I organise my photos on the hard drive as I choose. In my case by the simple use of folders according to topic, and if necessary nested folders. If I am working with one particular folder for a spell, then a simple shortcut on the desktop is all I need to get straight on to the job.
                Last edited by wherrygirl; September 1st, 2010, 18:59.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

When you're in need of a pro account, Photobucket was not an option for that. The free version had a lousy monthly bandwidth and they don't offer you enough, so I started to use my own server instead and went for the flickr pro account and deleted the photobucket.
                  Flickr can also be used as a forum, shear, come in contact with people with the same interests around the world and they don't have the crappy applications as facebook and flickr also became best in test recently when it came to shearing photo's online

For other CV users with flickr account can maybe add med as a contact

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommcnikon/

I'm updating that page more often than any forums around, it's my new blog
                  View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

I didn't know you are on Flickr Ivy, are we CV people everywhere on the interweb!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom McNikon View Post
                      flickr also became best in test recently when it came to shearing photo's online
                      Anyone would think you were a Flickr fan, Tom.
                      I get the Pro a/c buckshee, because BT is my ISP and their tie-up with Yahoo lets me in. Wa-hey!
                      Ivy

Comment

I didn't know you are on Flickr Ivy, are we CV people everywhere on the interweb!
                        But of course, though only in the best quarters. The Great Tragedy is that when I go to the big camera shop in the sky the photos I've posted here will all disappear as they will be over the limit for a free Flickr account. Heigh-ho.....
                        Ivy

Comment

Actually Ivy, every photo you have on Flickr will still be there. With a free account when you reach the 200 limit, the 201 photo you upload will take the place of the 1st photo... and the 1st photo will become archived. If you have linked any photos to another site they will be permanantly visible, also if you have a pro account all the photos will become visible again.

Comment

Actually Ivy, every photo you have on Flickr will still be there. With a free account when you reach the 200 limit, the 201 photo you upload will take the place of the 1st photo... and the 1st photo will become archived. If you have linked any photos to another site they will be permanantly visible, also if you have a pro account all the photos will become visible again.
                            I have an automatic pro account as I'm with BT as my ISP and they link to yahoo! I didn't know about the archiving bit, must have forgotten that for usually I read all there is before joining up to things. So even though my payments to my ISP lapse and my Flickr reverts to the default freebie with everything beyond the then 200 limit archived, that archive will still supply linked pics to the other sites. Well, well. Thanks ever so much for that, Paul.
                            Ivy

Comment

there is now a 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' under the "Share this" link on each photo
                              So that would be the same as copying the IMG-code in Photobucket then...??

The only need for me is to get my images from my pc to different forums, so like 'Seagull', I belive Photobucket serves me to 100% of my need.
                              I also have the Photobucket Pro version, so I usually have no problems whatsoever with it.
                              Today, on my job computer, Photobucket acted strange as the pages went all white and I could simply not get any way with it. It also occured when I came home and opened my laptop. Therefore I belive this is an error at Photobucket and not in my pc.

Well, I just HAD to find a place to upload my pictures from today to post them at CV, and I sort of just fell into flickr.com.

I'm a new user, but find it rather complicated compared to Photobucket.
                              Among things I don't like is the nr. 201 image becoming nr. 1 again and so on.
                              Also been testing the Grab the HTML/BBCode....., and I give up. The same goes for Grab the Link. You still have to go via the image-icon in CV, and that's far from "just copy and paste" as they say over at Flickr. Nope, flickr don't impress me....

No, let's hope Photobucket can work normally again very soon!!!
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; September 3rd, 2010, 23:15.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                              X