Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double post publication thread

Hello Owner,moderators and members.

we still see that members place a doubble reply,or empty the post, but the post stays there empty now.
    although we have the opportunity now too remove those posts,a lot of the members don''t do this,
    just place images and reading nothing.
    they can even remove the images from that post by editing and place new images in that post.

so my though is that if we found such a doubble post,we can place that post under ''which thread and what post number''. here in this thread.
    so that the moderators can remove those doubble posts,and cleaning up the forum this way.
    after removing the posts the moderators can then also remove our publication so that there just will be 1 or 2 posts,and at the end even 0 posts.
    maybe they can make it a ''sticky'''thread,so that it will stays on the top of the list.

this is just an idea,if it issn't working that way,remove the thread.
    best regards Thijs

doubble post ''world tugboats'' #1145 page 77

doubble post ''world tugboats'' #1115 page 75
    best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      yes ,but thats works only on your own reply,any one else can't do that.
      and as i said,some just thrown in images but don't read anything

• PoloUK
      PoloUK commented
      Editing a comment
      Those two now done - I think.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      yes they are done

Apologies for my double post yesterday but it came about as I tried to remove it. Therefore not too sure how to do this so maybe the Moderator could please do it as suggested.

Double post is in World Sailing vessels #273 page 19

Thanks

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      hello Linray,if you look at the top of the page there is are some icons on the right side.
      the most right one is a blank square.
      go with the mouse on it,then there show up a list of choises.
      click on ''delete posts'' then your last post will deleted

• PoloUK
      PoloUK commented
      Editing a comment
      275 wasn't it? Have removed the one with little pictures. Great photos though!

hello Linray,i forgot to say that in your post is that square where you have to click on,
    and go then to the top of the page.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

doubble post , tugs in the Netherlands # 622 page 42
      best regards Thijs

Comment

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I understand what you mean and have removed the first two double posts. But I can't see any double post of 622 in the Tugs in the Netherlands thread! What am I missing?

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        623 is deleted now.
        but he made the same reply on Ivy's quistion.
        and now you can delete al the posts here in this thread, from those doubble posts you have deleted.
        so there would be just a few posts here.
        because you have delete them now,there is no need to keep those posts here.
        also the post nr as is mentioned don't fit anymore.
        so post 2 ,3,4 and 5 and there comments can be deleted.
        so the first found of doubble or wrong reply can be mentioned here again as post nr 2.
        so this is the whole idea of it,
        found a doubble or empty or in the wrong thread reply,
        mention it here
        you remove that post
        and remove the mention of it here

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh - I see. Clever! I'll remove these posts later then.

The time this software takes to post something is incredible sometimes. I posted something on Svein's thread about the schooner Ideal and despite the thread having only 2 pages the "Working" label sat there and sat there and the little revolving thingie went round and round and round and then it all stopped. But my post had not been posted. I tried again, but it told me that it was a duplicate of my first post. Again, ditto. So I left it and went back to the Index page. And there sat my post in the right hand column. Only one of it, though, not three! I'm not surprised that duplicate posts appear.
      By the way, Thijs, I'm sorry that I did not report Brander's double to this thread. Mea culpa.
      However, this is not an encouragement to go for the latest update. Better the devil....... etc.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        The length of time that the whirring thingy goes is dependent on which thread / topic we're in. Anything in General Inter(r)est takes for ever - posts in other threads aren't too bad. You may have noticed that posting in this thread for example is relatively quick.

we have lost the opprtunity to remove our post by ourselfs?
      the squars are gone to click on if you want to remove them.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

I have a brand new problem. When I post anything anywhere the "working" indication just remain there and there is no indication when it completes.
        I "beat the system" by waiting a suitable time, go back to Forum to check if it appears in the right hand column, or re-open the thread to be sure.
        Works for short posts which can be easily recreated, if necessary, but I would hate to find that a long post has got lost because I was too impatient.

I have just managed to recover from a serious computer problem by re-loading a lot of programmes and file. A lot of changes noted, not only here but in other functions I'm using.
        Can anybody tell me if they experience similar problems with CVF, or if this is something I have to fix right here??

PS> The refresh button is somehow lost as well.

Comment

I sometimes have that problem, but at least in today's posts I haven't had to hit refresh. It is far more likely to occur for me when posting anything in 'General inter(r)est' threads. Dunno if it will be fixed when we upgrade.

Not quite sure where your 'refresh' button has gone though! That's almost certainly not a forum problem.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
            ombugge commented
            Editing a comment
            My refresh button also reappeared when I changed search engine from Outlook to Chrome

I just changed back to Chrome and that appears to work better. I'll try to figure out how to get the various task bars and tools I have become used to back and working.
          The mysteries of why some computer experts think they have to change thing on a regular basis. Their intentions are probably good, but the result for most users is that things gets more difficult. Somebody should explain to them that it isn't only collage kids using computers these days.
          "User friendly program made by experts, for experts, preferably under 20"

Comment

I now have a different problem to that above which seems to happen only in Firefox - keyboard commands to get to the top of the page. Neither CTRL + Home, nor SHIFT + Home work, or only very, very rarely. Sometimes SHIFT + Home produces a highlightimg of the whole page. The up arrow sometimes, but rarely, takes me up to the top, but will not scroll bit by bit. Ditto down arrow.
            In IE all is well, so presumably something has gone up the creek in Firefox's latest update. I haven't yet checked them out.
            I also still get the hang most days when first going on line with Firefox in the morning, the longest time was for 6 minutes. When I have finished whatever I am doing I come offline but leave the laptop on. On returning online later - no problem, no hanging. I did see this mentioned once though I forget what the suggestions were.
            Now my cooker has packed up, I can't cook anything, except with the electric steamer, and that gets slower and slower, while one half has packed up. Yes, I've descaled it and it continues getting slower and slower. Thank goodness the kettle still works - so far.
            My ancestors grunting away in their cave never had these problems.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

We are still crawling out of the abyss of lost files (our own fault - mistake with back-up) and our IT guru recommended Chrome while he was working on the computer. It was so annoying with its layout and slowness, we returned to Firefox. which is supposed to be at the top of 8 selected browsers for efficiency, speed and security. (on line search for best browser).
              It is odd that most people have different views on browsers and search engines. There is an element of luck in it all somewhere.

Nari

Comment

I think - but don't know - that it's a combination of things. PC, amount of memory, website being viewed, all that sort of thing. I usually use Safari and Explorer, but there are times when changing to Firefox or Chrome fixes things. None of them seem to be perfect, but I suppose when you think of the complexity of many of the sites we use today, and the rich functionality within them, it's a miracle that any of them work at all!
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Amen. That is the most logical explanation I have seen in a long time. Too many people trying to be "helpful" and confusing everybody else is the reason all these things have become so complicated. PLEASE STOP HELPING US!!!

Comment

Mark will you delete post 257 til 260 or261 from the norwegian cruise news thread,please.thanks
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

• PoloUK
                      PoloUK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Norwegian or Royal Caribbean? Think it's RC - in which case, have a check to see if I've done what I needed to. It didn't entirely cooperate!
                  Working...
                  X