• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator
    started a topic Accounting of CVF

Accounting of CVF

Dear friends of CVF,

Please accept my most sincere apology for bringing up the issue of finances, as I find it really uncomfortable to actually bring up. I won't press the issue hard as I firmly believe in keeping the forum "generally free" for the time being.

As you all are now aware of, we have however lately clocked up a considerable bill, which by the way, I have paid a great part of today at due day.

The new - and sadly very problematic - vBulletin 5 version cost us 458US$ including the "professional upgrade help" from vBulletin. Sadly, the upgrade didn't go as smooth as I may have wanted, but with an incredible help and support from Steve.B we are now doing a whole lot better than 2 weeks ago. There is however no doubt in my mind that Steve's assistance has been extremely valuable to all of us, and for that I extend my most sincere "thank you".

The majority of the move from our old server at Servetheworld to Webhuset was also done by people hired in from Webhuset, and the total bill there came to 3484NOK.

Additionally, our monthly bills have also been covered solely by myself as well. In the future, our monthly rental of server is slightly higher than before.

The simple version accounting right now is like this:

vBulletin - upgrade to version 5, including professional upgrade service from vBulletin support = 458US$

Transfer from Servetheworld to Webhuset servers, including professional assistance = 3484 NOK = 584US$

We have in the past few weeks received two kind and very generous donations, totaling 560US$.

Therefore, if there are any other members that wishes to contribute small donations towards the total bill and future costs, please contact me or send me an e-mail.

Please understand that I won't be pressing this matter further.

• pakarang
    replied
    It's time to send off a big thank you to Lady C, Ralf and ombugge also, for their kind donation towards our next year of operation.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Update 25.07.2019 Job done!

• Ralf__
    replied
    I will follow soon. Just have to get back to my office at the end of this week.

UPDATE 25.07.2019 Done!!
    Last edited by Ralf__; July 25th, 2019, 16:33.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    It's July and our CVF is up for renewal for another year. I have already prepaid the entire amount of 2358NOK, but if anyone wants to help out with small donations towards the next year operational cost, is naturally welcome to do so.

I accept VIPPS (Norway), bank transfer and PayPal as usual.

In advance, thank you all very much, and continuous happy posting and reading!

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 20.15.14 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
    Thank you very much, Oistein, for your donation well received.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    It's July and our CVF is up for renewal for another year. I have already prepaid the entire amount of 2358NOK, but if anyone wants to help out with small donations towards the next year operational cost, is naturally welcome to do so.

I accept VIPPS (Norway), bank transfer and PayPal as usual.

In advance, thank you all very much, and continuous happy posting and reading!

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 20.15.14 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Ok. A small donation sent via Vipps, marked CVF
    Thank you very much Sterkoder! Well received and place on the CVF account for our future bill.

Now that funding is done, our responsibility is to keep everything alive and attract more people with our bottomless knowledge, humor and wisdom. Keep playing hard, my dear CVF family!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Ok. A small donation sent via Vipps, marked CVF

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Dear Svein,

The bill has already been paid in full but if you want to contribute for our next billing period, you may always use VIPPS as long as you want, as long as it's marked CVF. The funds will always go into the CVF account for future billing and for future bills. Thankfully, we don't have too many annual bills.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    This slipped my mind.
    Is your donation Vipps still up and running at the following number: 92444780 ?

Leave a comment:

• Administrator
    replied
    Please let me express my absolutely most sincere thank you for the donations we have received towards our next year's operation bill.

Let us have a lot more fun together and share all that interests us in the year ahead.

Remember that the forum will stay alive with your inputs and engagements, despite we all having periods of our lives that are more busy than others.

We are family - and we are absolutely one of the best and friendliest places to log on to.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thank you to those that have supported the awards funding of CaptainsVoyage Forum, and thank you all very much for keeping the palce alive and so friendly.

I really look upon all of you as my extended family, and I love you all to the best of my ability. We have played together for so many years, and we have shared so many stories, experiences, and news.

I would not have wanted to have a life without all of you in it.

I'm humbled and so eternally thankful for creating one of the friendliest places that I know of!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Than you very much Ralf!

The fact that we also occasionally meet up, is such a fantastic blessing too! It makes it just like the perfect family, and where everybody have many similar interests.

But I need to emphasise this though:

"It's not the forum that is great, it's the members on the forum that makes it such a great place!"

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Will send my participation next week the classic way via bank transfer, when i am back from my business trip. I highly appreciate your and of course polouk‘s work and am proud to be a member of the friendliest forum i know. It is so good to share our interests and always a highlight to meet some of you in real life. You all made our holidays very special. Thank you so much!

• pakarang
    replied
    It's that time of the year, our annual running costs are up for payment again. If anyone would like to donate a small share, it is most welcome.

Can't believe another year has flown by!

Some more information can be found here, if you have any other question, feel free to ask.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X