X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks promising - and free - the only risk would be whether we could successfully import all of the existing vBulletin forum (it's HUGE!).

From what I can find, before vB5 we could have done that (and I did successfully create a PHPBB forum version using our data from the database prior to moving to vB5) - but we've been on this version for a couple of years, so I think we're stuck with it. vBulletin completely changed the structure of the databases after vB5 (presumably to make it harder for people to move between forum software?).

Hopefully J-O will let us try to upgrade to one of the 'fault-fixed' versions of vBulletin at some stage when he and I have some time at the same time!
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      The other forum I was talking about is much bigger and has existed longer on vBulletin than CVF.
      So far it appears that there have been few problem with the migration to their new home.
      I don't know how hard they worked to make the transition though.

PS> Less photos though, which May be an issue for bandwidth and storage requirements?

• Interesting, very interesting - especially the FREE part of it, because vBulletin and the webhoster is as far away from FREE as they possibly can be.

I would be very interested in anything to avoid the 3-4.000 kroner a year it costs to run as we run today (donations are unfortunately not enough to pay for this party).

Let's find a time - I know I have said that so many times in the past as well, but something is always coming in my way of finding the right time to do it.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
    X