X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this for crap?

​the red line with the Arrow at the right.
    i also have the thing that when typing the cursor go to the start of the sentence ,but from there in mirror righting.

many problems with posting of images,i cant delete the red line eather,but i cant place images below the red line above the red line not even behind the previous image link.
    have to press many times enter for placing a pic with the cursor a differend places,and hoping that he placed it finally.

this mostly happens when words are typed,like yesterday with just pics in a post hardly any problems with it.

i don't have problems with this on another forum,at least til so far

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Tommi
      Tommi commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't seen that red line, but the cursor bug that shows up now and then is really annoying. I think it tends to show up when making several posts in a topic. It usually can get cured by reloading the page (press F5), but since forum is slow then the reload will take a while...

• I've had the red line for several years though I can't say exactly when it appears for it doesn't stop me from posting anything. So I just ignore it. Your other problems I do not experience.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• mhhhhhhmmmmmm.... now that was a strange new thing.... might have to investigate this one before I come with a solution.

Personally, haven't had this problem myself yet, but that doesn't mean I will not get the problem myself...

Thank you for letting us know... will try to see if there is anything going on right now.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Update on this red line issue... I have worked a bit on it and I can't seem to figure out what to do, nor have I been able to replicate the problem with any of my computers, or my limited knowledge. Will make a search online in some forums to see if others have experienced this, which I'm sure there are..

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• We can still update the site to the latest version J-O. Just need some warning - and some pre-work/support from Webhuset. Just tell me when.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommi View Post
            272 new problems are fixed with updates from v 5.1.9 to 5.2.0 making it a total 1922 of bugs and improvements available for a better collective experience.
            For boards running vBulletin version 5.1.4 there's also a recommendation to update due to security reasons.
            There are two new releases of vBulletin:
            5.2.1: 190 issues solved. A new database cleanup included to compact the size of databases
            5.2.2: 170 issues solved.

So in total there are now 2282 improvements waiting for an enhanced CVF experience for all.
            Due to uninstalled security patches you should be careful with your password too.

Comment

• Anyone else experience the forum to stuck with the "working"-message going on forever when making a post? A page reload solves the problem.

Comment

• nari
                nari commented
                Editing a comment
                Almost every time I post (which is not often) there is always quite a wait...but it doesn't bother me much.

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here. Same solution.

• Yup - from time to time.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• This is test to check if this forum is still alive. No pulse for 2 days.

Comment

• Thank you for calling CVF. Your call is very important to us. If you'd like to leave your name and number, we'll get back to you shortly. Click. Buzzzzzzzzz.

Hi Ombugge! You and I are here!!
                  Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• nari
                    nari commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey, I am too, and I was also wondering about the quietness of the site. Too much distraction in the Northern summer?

• PoloUK
                    PoloUK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly the case here - just too much to do. Garden to look after, vegetables to talk to, the usual Saturday running around to farm shops, garden centres and other places, day job during the week and my own little business to run too. Come the autumn, the world's a different place.

• pilotdane
                    pilotdane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I still check in occasionally.

• What happened?
                  Suddenly this forum is fast as lightning to navigate? Never experienced this before!

Comment

• It's really a lot faster - I know the place where we have the site residing (the webhotel) has done some end of year upgrading, and from what I can see, it made a big difference. Let us see if it is lasting or just now for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommi View Post

There are two new releases of vBulletin:
                      5.2.1: 190 issues solved. A new database cleanup included to compact the size of databases
                      5.2.2: 170 issues solved.

So in total there are now 2282 improvements waiting for an enhanced CVF experience for all.
                      Due to uninstalled security patches you should be careful with your password too.

Three new updates to vBulletin are available, the newest released version is v5.2.5.
                      This means that there are 405 new improvements waiting to be waiting to be installed, making a total of 2412 possibilities to give us all a better day.

Comment

• We have for a long time planned on doing these upgrades and updates, but finding the right time to do it has not been easy.

It's time consuming work, and with my relatively limited knowledge, I'm absolutely in need of a LOT of guidance during the process.

I hope within some kind of reasonable time, these updates can be fit into the schedules.

Comment

• PoloUK
                          PoloUK commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't think it's that difficult J-O, we just need to back the database up first, and ideally we need to create a spare copy on the server. We can do it, we just need some support from Webhuset to do the things I don't have the access to do.
                      Working...
                      X