Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUESTS, WISHES and BUGS

Dear all,

In this unique thread, please avoid longer discussions and lengthy explanations.

This thread is for reporting issues, requests, and letting me know your specific issues to look into.

Each post should therefore be short and concise, and dealt with accordingly.

Thank you all very much!
    With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
    Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

A button or link at the bottom of each page that takes you back to the top of the page. (for quick menu access).
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

A go to most recent post in thread link that works in all browsers - from the 'Latest Topics' page. (I think I've put that right - Steve will correct if that doesn't make sense!).

Oh - and for Ivy to be able to see all threads, so that we can look forward to the increasingly autumnal garden patch photos.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
        A button or link at the bottom of each page that takes you back to the top of the page. (for quick menu access).
        I'm currently looking into this one. It's also on my "pad to do-list".

These are currently the items I'm looking into (in addition to the one above):

+ Opening a topic takes user straight to the last (new) post

+ Next page's on top of topic

+ Smileys and icon's

+ Removing "Comment" from each post without removing "Quote"

+ Facebook Integration

+ Paid Subscriptions

+ Users awaiting confirmation (currently at 42376 potential new members)
        With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli

Comment

A Question more than a request Jan Olav. Are we right in understanding that at the moment only people who are 'logged in' can see the photos?
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• Administrator
            Administrator commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure about this one at the moment. Will check.

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
          A Question more than a request Jan Olav. Are we right in understanding that at the moment only people who are 'logged in' can see the photos?
          When logged out you only get the links to the pictures, when logged in then the pictures are displayed inline.

Comment

Some thoughts and wishes:
            A list with new posts as on the previous forum. Now there's just a list with "new topics"

The number of "pages buttons" in the end of the page should be shorter. I miss this row of buttons on the top of the current page too.
            Also a "Last / first page"-button would be very neat to have.

It's now possible to post more than 6 pictures in each post. Good or bad - I don't know, probably better.

Bugs and twitches:
            When posting a new reply I get a dialog requesting to download the updated page. I don't matter what I choose, I still have to reload the page with the F5 -key to see my post.
            (Opera-browser only)

I'll get back with more feedback in a while, quite much other things to attend to for the moment!

Comment

posted in error - please ignore.
              Last edited by Steve.B; September 10th, 2013, 23:32. Reason: Ccorrection - posted in error
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Jan-Olav, please don't forget that I can only open threads containing less than 160 posts. It is not in your priority list above. Most of CVF is completely closed to me. Asimut also said he cannot open any threads except the relaunch one.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Administrator
                  Administrator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will give priority to your issue as well.

I am still having issue getting to recent posts. For example in the "ship spotters and maritime image thread" if I click on the thread title I am always taken to the first page. If I click on the two down facing triangles inside a circle I don't know where I will end up. The last time I clicked I ended up on page 320 even though I had viewed the thread last night so I should have ended up closer to page 346.

Comment

• Administrator
                  Administrator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is an issue I'm looking into (reference post number 4).

I'll be trying to return the behavior of the "old" forum.

Since yesterday I can'’t correctly upload on the forum.
                1. I log in
                2. I write my text
                3. I upload pictures from Flickr
                4. I click to reply
                5. The sign “working” appears
                6. Few seconds later a window appears “empty response”
                Then it seems I am log out automatically and I have to log in again.
                I don’t understand if the matter comes from CVF or from my computer Can anybody help me?

Comment

• pakarang
                  pakarang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This happened to me as well yesterday - the problem lies with the server providers.

They have today rectified the problem - so, hopefully, it will not happen again.

My apologies.

(But, It just happened again to me..... )

Thank you for your quick answer J-O.You have not to apologie,this forum would not exist without your will and your work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                  Bugs and twitches:
                  When posting a new reply I get a dialog requesting to download the updated page. I don't matter what I choose, I still have to reload the page with the F5 -key to see my post.
                  (Opera-browser only)
                  Something very similar. If i make a post containing a quote in any particular thread, i have noticed that once i have posted the reply with the quote, that i am unable to make another quote until i have refreshed the page. If i do not refresh the page after posting a reply containing a quote, clicking the quote button for a further post does nothing, the word 'Quote' will turn orange, but it will not put the quote into the reply box. It will only work after i have manually refreshed the page.

Comment

Dear all,

Update on problem-solving this far today (please try to keep this thread for briefly reporting issues, bugs and wishes only - no additional commentary).

1) When clicking on a TOPIC, members should go directly to latest post/last page of that topic.
                    ---> This will be coming in next update of the forum (version 5.0.5)

2) Members should get the "Return to top of page" at each topic and page.
                    ---> Future version / update of the software.

3) Deleting all users in the group "Users awaiting confirmation"
                    ---> Being attended to as we speak. This will also remove the some 4000+ pages of member names (these are however not able to post anything before approval).

4) Comment vs. Quote (including the issue with "Multi Quote").
                    ---> A bug that will be fixed in next version.

5) Signed in members being continuously logged out.
                    ---> Should have been corrected as we speak. Also, please snure that "Remember me" is checked where you sign in.

6) Members can only see /access new posts that are made AFTER the upgrade.
                    ---> Search Index Rebuilt - this should have taken care of that problem.

7) Link to another page in Forum Manager is missing.
                    ---> A bug that will be fixed in next version.
                    With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli

Comment

the amount of views, at a thread back?
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                      X