Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

I have an appointment this evening, so i am not able to follow. But if someone is sitting in front of his computer between 8.30 and 9.00 p.m. this evening, have a look at this webcam:

http://www.der-warnemuender.de/webcamhotelneptun.html

Discovery is scheduled for 8.30 departure and will pass then this webcam.

Tomorrow is stalker day, as Discovery will go through the Kiel Canal.
    We can see her then on eight different webcams:

http://www.tourist-information.de/tr...l/webcams.html

They announced her for the early morning hours, maybe too early at Kiel-Holtenau for us, but the crossing lasts 7 1/2 hours. Will we catch her?
    Last edited by Ralf__; May 25th, 2011, 16:26.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

8.30 and Discovery has passed already most webcams at the Kiel Canal. She will soon cross the highway bridge A23. I hope to catch her at Brunsbuettel lock.

According to the time stamps on Marinetraffic she passed Rendsburg about 6.30 and entered the canal in Holtenau at 04.00 in the morning! This is early, indeed. But i am sure, Seagull was awake and standing outside even in Holtenau! By the way, the time stamp is 3 hours back (wrong time zone?), but is correct. According to that she left Warnemuende one hour later than scheduled.

Rendsburg webcam has an arcive, but i am not able to copy pictures from there. But you can watch her passingy by, just play the time lapse of 26th May. She passes at exactly 6.30.

http://www.kielkanal-live.de/zeitraffer.php
      Last edited by Ralf__; May 26th, 2011, 08:59.

Comment

Shortly after noon Discovery passed the Brunsbüttel lock and will head now to Portsmouth. Tomorrow Seagull will have a sea day again and arrive on Saturday morning. Here you can see her at the exit of the Kiel Canal:

Comment

Discovery is a very handsome looking ship!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

HELLO!!!
            Ship's Internet wasn't working yesterday so I couldn't continually update you on the canal times, but you spotted me anyway!!!!! And YES OF COURSE I was up in the middle of the night for entering the canal and have even managed some nighttime photos!!!!

Now Discovery is near Dover....got to say goodbye as my last few minutes of Internet time is about to run out....lots of love to you all.

Comment

Can't wait to have you back on board another fine vessel (CaptainsVoyage) that is...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It feels SO good to have been thought about.
                Now I can't wait to be back with you aboard the good ship CV.

I was thinking of you so often Captain, wishing I somehow had you in my pocket to give me a running commentary on the docking, pilot boats, use of tugs ...seems so much more complex than on hurtigruten!

As you may have seen via Gowalla I'm now at Southampton airport awaiting late afternoon flight to EDI.
                Lunch with two of the university lecturers (Russian history and Russian Art) from the cruise who happen to be from Edinburgh.

My Internet access was a bit patchy from the ship, and I had only time for quick check-ins at cafes and short stops when ashore as there was SO MUCH to do...see...photograph! I'll hardly know where to start when I get back, but am expecting my 366's, a ship tour of Discovery, and Kiel canal photos to have some priority!

Love and hugs meanwhile...
                Last edited by Seagull; May 28th, 2011, 22:17. Reason: Correcting the mess I made earlier at the airport when my internet access timed out!

Comment

I've arrived safely back home....but it may not look like it for a few days, now that I no longer have Discovery's fantastic Crew to do everything for me!

Comment

Welcome home Lady C... .

Can't wait to see your images. I will be away for 8 days starting tomorrow morning 9 AM.... not far, just to Korsfjord for duty.

Comment

Me too want to welcome you back, Cecilia!!!

And as J-O here, I'm also known to have a short fuse when it comes to patience, so your images and small stories from your cruise are very much welcome as soon as it is practical for you...
                      When it comes to the ship itself, I will see her and take her pictures Saturday 18th June when she arrive Kristiansund.

Welcome back!
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; June 6th, 2011, 14:01.
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Just to say that a ship tour with lots of photos of MV Discovery has started to appear on her thread!

Eventually ( ) photos of ports and places visited might appear in The World Pilot Guides, and shippy things in their appropriate threads.

Comment

July trip

I've been posting in the Trondheim and Kristiansund threads on these travels, but I just wanted to add the latest update to this Trip of Three Ships: Korsfjord, Nordlys....and now a "first"....I've been on a SUNDBÅT !!!
                          So happy!!!!!!

Comment

I arrived back in Scotland last night (Wednesday 13th) after meeting E at Copenhagen airport, and then some time in the city centre after her flight check-in.

Now the frustrating news...fast internet completely down here until Monday or Tuesday earliest, so you will have to WAIT to see any photos in such threads as Family Gatherings, Hotel room views, Korsfjord ferry, the Kristiansund threads, and not forgetting the 366 photo project!

Minimal communication here meanwhile, almost as if I was still away!...

Comment

so you will have to WAIT to see any photos
                              HOLY!!!!!....., this will be THE ultimate test of my patient. If I'm ok Monday/Tuesday, I can take anything....
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

It was WORSE than if I was still away travelling! I did very well on the move in Norway with the Norwegian sim card for my iPad. Back here with D’s cable modem not functioning I had to lend him my only means of using my iPad so he could do some actual work….

Anyway, at last all is fixed …it wasn’t that the gas mains guys had disturbed the cable either, but was simply solved by remaking the connection at the tapping point down the road where some work had also been going on recently.

I’m about to start posting in FAMILY MEETINGS and photos from the FAMILY ALBUM …

Comment

Working...
                                X