No announcement yet.

Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So good to see dear Seagull and a great surprise to find Ombugge in the picture - I did wonder if you two would meet up. I'm delighted to see the person who took such care to give full explanations to my ignoramus questions on oil rigs! Greetings, Ombugge.
    Fired with enthusiasm after reading comments on posting our self "portraits" I'm putting a second one of me on the appropriate thread.
    And Cecilia, no more of that talk of not being photogenic. You look great, really.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

The sharp-eyed AIS watchers amongst you may have been aware that the MV Discovery arrived in Rosyth this morning, ironically the morning I set off to the airport for flight to Southampton and train to Portsmouth! Well, I, or I should say we….if it was just “I” on this trip you can be assured I would have been positioned camera in hand in the Forth Road Bridge at 8 this morning….have a day and a half sightseeing in Portsmouth before embarking Saturday afternoon.

The itinerary is here (though not sure how long it stays up on the website once the cruise commences)

Once at sea I may not be much in touch with you all…(though for the Gowalla enthusiasts among you it might be worth keeping an eye out in case I come across free wi-fi while out sightseeing!)

Unlike when E is away there is not a ship webcam in the internet café...thank goodness!!!!!!!!!! So the “what are you wearing” will remain speculation! Though E, as I have mentioned you, I don’t know if you’d be shocked or what but my case is unbelievably small. But even though it is not as dressy a ship as yours, I have even packed a long dress for formal night – it dates from when I was 24 …and it still fits!!!!!!!

Ralf is undoubtedly more informed about my destinations than I am .

And Pakarang, I will be taking my daily 366, I promise…and thank you for everything.

Comment

May you have a safe and great journey!!!!!
        There are two places I would like to go bananas with my camera, and that is St. Petersburg and Stockholm.

Now that I know why you're away from CVF, I can relax and sleep tight
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Safe travels and please do promise us to bring back thousands of images! Love to see everything... and those special things you know too well I love to see.

It's like having a foreign correspondent from CVF on cruise to report back to us! What a privilege.

But while you are away, I will certainly miss your comments and insights on all my posts. You are a true inspiration to me and have given me so much help in understanding different aspects in so many ways.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks for being the "advance" party and warning the ports of the Hutchinson clan's arrival in 6 weeks.......especially Tallinn, as we have never been there and they are TOTALLY unprepared for our gang........
            Can't wait to see your pics.......

Comment

Will do E...but what's this...not a mention about my PACKING!!!!...I haven't said I'll insist on a piccie of yours when the time comes!!!!!!!!
              PS you can keep track of me on Gowalla at least for the first day or so...

Edit: Pakarang please note...I got my Discoverer badge with this check in...not TOO far behind you...AND even before I left Scotland!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Seagull; May 12th, 2011, 14:45.

Comment

Enjoy your voyage, Cecilia. And i am sure you will show me some things which i was not able to explore before! Since i was travelling twice to CZ during the last eight days i was not able to follow all the movements in here. Hopefully this is getting better next week, from Monday on i will spend some days mainly at the office...
                I hope to spot you somewhere.

P.S.: I will show your package as example to my wife and children! This is exactly my style, but they don't believe it is possible for other people. You will see the results in November!!!
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  P.S.: I will show your package as example to my wife and children! This is exactly my style, but they don't believe it is possible for other people. You will see the results in November!!!
                  I'm a role model!!!
                  Folks, make sure Sterkoder is still following this...and indeed Captain too as he does like his aircraft when not in maritime mode ....The advantage of this lunch venue airside is that it actually has big windows so I did photograph some aircraft between mouthfuls!!!! ...just don't be too critical of the results when you get to see them! (tried to avoid out of focus fork in my other hand'!!!!!)

PS Love my iPAD and my CV family ... You are making this holiday for me right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    Will do E...but what's this...not a mention about my PACKING!!!!
                    I am getting better...I am getting better!!!! But I AM impressed!!!!! My mom's shoes wouldn't fit in that bag!!!!!

Comment

Ah, I didn't know that this was where you were off to. I have in front of me an advert for a very similar Discovery cruise in August. Cruises are not my thing normally, but this one takes in Copenhagen, Talinn, St. Petersburg which I would dearly love to see again, Gdansk etc, and the Kiel canal.
                      I look forward to your pics one day!!!
                      I just know you'll enjoy it, Cecilia.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Folks, make sure Sterkoder is still following this...
                        Oh, but I will...

Didn't know that dear Cecilia was a member of the Magic Circle though...

How's that...? Look at the image of post #92....., pure magic!!!
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A quick peep in here!....Greetings to you all from Portsmouth!
                          Historic ship sightseeing yesterday...Victory and Warrior

...plus LOTS of the local ferries for Captain...and one of them is called ST.CECILIA

AND then this morning I was positioned to take my first photo of Discovery as she arrived and entered Portsmouth Harbour!
                          Embark from 1pm this afternoon for 4pm departure

Comment

Oh look,Lady C is on her way with M/V "Discovery" out from Portsmouth Harbour.
                            I wish you a nice voyage

Best wishes from
                            Bengt Domben

Comment

Lady C and St.Cecilia is both under way this afternoon.

Bon Voyage to both
                              Best wishes from
                              Bengt Domben

Comment

There were indeed two "Discovery" outbound from Portsmouth this afternoon

Best wishes from
                                Bengt Domben

Comment

Working...
                                X