Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Cobb View Post
    Is there a CV members gallery at all, other than the 'self portrait' thread?
    If not, would one work?
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I guess a CV members gallery would work, but would everyone agree to put his/her image up on the web to stay there for ever....? I don't have problems with that....
    Paul, did you know that if you view the public profile of a member you will see (only if you are logged in as a member) their profile picture if they have one? Me or ehp for example – but I see Sterkoder hasn’t made one yet!

But perhaps you were referring to when members have met ?
    When I’ve met up with members who are OK about photos being posted, it always seems to have been in the context of other photos or threads, so the idea of a gallery or special thread for that kind of thing hadn’t occurred to me.

(Actually it’s usually me who is shy about photos that others take (i.e. not with my camera and therefore out of my control!) as I’m so un-photogenic, I mean really like something out of a horror film – 1 in 10 acceptability rate would be optimistic!)

Comment

Only just spied this and I hope I'm not too late. Cecilia - have a really good time (I know you will!) and bring back more of your wonderful photos (I know you will !!!!).
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        Only just spied this and I hope I'm not too late. Cecilia - have a really good time (I know you will!) and bring back more of your wonderful photos (I know you will !!!!).
        Not too late Ivy – you just caught me having a last look around Thanks for the good wishes. As for photos, well with D in tow I never seem to quite get around sightseeing in my usual fashion. . . but you’re guaranteed some race cars and at least one sky per day, no doubt with some bits of the Singapore skyline jutting up into it .

Comment

Have a nice trip to Singapore,Seagull
          And come home with a ton of pictures
          Best wishes from
          Bengt Domben

Comment

WOW

Wish you a very pleasent journey to "the other side of the world Cecilia

I am ALWAYS looking forward to your photos from EVERYWHERE in the world.

And be careful with those dagerous cars. They don`t respect the speed-limit.

MARTIN

Comment

Car races in Singapore: oh, goodie... a bit away from the slow pace of my ferry.
              Yepp..., far away from the pace on board your ferry, but some of the cars on your deck...., holy, have they raced like F1 cars to juuuuust come on board before you close your doors and throttle up
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                Yepp..., far away from the pace on board your ferry, but some of the cars on your deck...., holy, have they raced like F1 cars to juuuuust come on board before you close your doors and throttle up
                So true S, so very true... one of my AB's was almost hit by a car two days ago, for the first time in his many year long ferry career...

People just do not pay enough attention, we see them all: talking on mobiles, using a laptop, letting their under-age children handle the wheel, eating and applying make-up whilst driving on board!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cobb View Post

Is there a CV members gallery at all, other than the 'self portrait' thread?

If not, would one work?
                  How do you envisage this, Paul? How would it differ from the self-portrait and the "Picture Yourself... well, Oh dear!" threads?
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hmmm, maybe sort of the logistics of navigation (of the site, that is). The 'Self Portrait' thread is a photographic theme and in the photographic section. Possibly it is also a reason for reluctance to post in it, ie there are many superb quality photos in the various threads and 'self portrait' implies a requirement for something 'arty' and of quality?

The Crew Manifest seems to contain threads relating to members - birthdays, deaths, explain user name etc. If members wished to see what a member who they were about to insult looked like, perhaps a logical place to look might be in 'The Manifest'? I see it being in 2 sections:

1st would be an alphabetical gallery-style list of members that would have just 1 photo for id purposes that can be a mere snap to prevent members thinking that their lack of photo skills would make their pik not worthy. I anticipate that perhaps 5% of members might have a photo appearing? But this could be added to. Many members may not feel capable of adding photos themselves via an external pik hosting site, so perhaps photos could be emailed to one member who regularly posts piks up.

2nd would be a fun/party/meet up content, like Seagull's recent excursion where she was able to have some photos taken of groups of members, or, in fact, any piks relating to any single members that seem appropriate to this topic.

Only a thought - not that finitely developed as yet. It is done on another site I use (about 8,000 members) and it was a massive undertaking for the person dealing with it, although I suspect it would be a fairly minor task on CV.

Clicking on all the invividual members to see if there is a photo is laborious; there seems reticence to post within 'Self Portraits'. A 'gallery' of mugshots just seems a logical place for them to go. Of course, many/most will still not wish their visage to be seen!

Comment

Seagull has flown back . . . aboard an A380 !!!!

I’ve now arrived home in Edinburgh after an absolutely super trip, and yes, as you all expected I’ve brought back lots of photos!
                      So much to do and catch up on, but before I even think of unpacking, and long before any photos start to appear in the F1 and This is Singapore threads (or any new gallery thread like Paul has suggested), there is one photo you’ll want to see right away.

Ombugge and Seagull

Comment

Hey, what a great couple!!
                        Thank you so very much for showing us the face behind the 'ombugge' nick, as I have often wondered how he looked
                        Such postings only bring us closer, and as I see it, are only for the good.

Great! Welcome back, Seagull and hello to you 'ombugge'!
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Oh, what a WONDERFUL photo of our family!!! I know...we need a "family album" thread!!!!!!!!!!! We have photos from Doris, and the Captain, and Seagull, Big and Little S........we're all starting to be able to visit each other in PERSON!!!!

Such a fabulous photo!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

HEY OMBUGGE, how you're dooing finally a face of a very active cv family man

the thread ''the cv family album'' could work well,shy people meld when they are with others on an image
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Fantastic indeed... we are becoming more and more of a family, eventually coming out of our cocoons and showing ourselves.

So glad you made it back home safely, AND, that the whole trip was a success..

But, I'm totally envious that you got to take a ride on the A380! I can't wait to see if what kind of images you got of her, and on board her. This is Christmas, way too early!
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                ....I can't wait to see if what kind of images you got of her, and on board her....
                                I'm going to disappoint there I’m afraid on this night flight back – no interiors and as it was dark both at Singapore and Heathrow I only managed a couple of shots of the plane through several layers of windows where it was very difficult to avoid bright light reflections in the terminal building.

Might use that in my 365, but only just got the previous week in Edinburgh ready for posting!

Really appreciated the greater leg room though, especially compared with the 747-400 on the way out which was the most cramped conditions I ever remember experiencing. (I know, I ought to have made comparative measurements ). And on the 747, the arm rest controls were so placed that everytime I moved a little I seemed to inadvertently switch on the screen or some light or other.

Comment

Working...
                                X