Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Only got a moment on this terminal at the hotel, so just to echo what ostafjells has said about how special it was to be on the bridge of Fosen. Ostafjells, I hadn't immediately realised you hadn't met pakarang previously. Oh, and as for the "short time" - I cheated by going "back and forth" TWICE
    All for now. Tomorrow I'm aboard Midnatsol.
    I guess Jan-Olav is among the persons of the world you immediately feel that you know, even though we've never met before. My wife felt the same way. He's so easy going and there's no lack of subjects to talk about

Same goes for you, Cecilia, you seem very outgoing and easy to communicate with, and I guess you won't have any troubles meeting new friends on your travels I hope you have a great voyage with the Midnatsol, we sure enjoyed ours with Kong Harald!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
      Sounds like there's been some big get togethers going on aboard the Fosen! I look forward to seeing some photographs of these meetings.
      Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
      .... Cecilia, you seem very outgoing and easy to communicate with....
      I arrived back in Edinburgh last night, and have so much to catch up with, even though I was able to manage a few posts while I was away. Actually that has probably confused me as to which threads I’ve seen and which I haven’t, so please forgive me if I seem to have ignored responding to things you thought would have interested me!

Well ostafjells, I can be really shy and “wooden seagull” sometimes, but not among our CV family members.

Steve has already been requesting photos, so to keep you all happy while I get around to pictures of Trondheim, a day aboard Midnatsol, QM2 in Ålesund, and Tall ships in Kristiansand (plus my 365 “skyscapes” of course), here are the two photos from the CV Family Album you’ve all been waiting for!

pakarang, Seagull, ostafjells.

Sterkoder, Seagull,
      HurtigruteMartin.

PS – note Seagull’s CaptainsVoyage T-shirt!

Comment

Oh, how happy these make my heart!!!!! So many dear friends!!! So much FAMILY!!!!!!!

You all look great!!!!! BIG THANK YOU, Lady C--and EVERYONE!!!!!

Comment

I can assure you, E...., this is a gathering you would've liked to be a part of.
          No tour operator could ever arrange a boat trip like 'HurtigruteMartin'...!!
          And Cecilia: remember to process your pictures of the cannon battle between "Shtandart" and "Sørlandet"
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you for these pictures. You are right. That was the most important thing to do! I hope we manage to meet altogether some day.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

pakarang, Seagull, ostafjells.

Sterkoder, Seagull,
              HurtigruteMartin.

PS – note Seagull’s CaptainsVoyage T-shirt!
              Great pictures of the CV family members
              Nice T-shirt there,Seagull
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

Just before his last work fortnight, our Captain wrote in the thread of his Summer Journey:
                I have a thing with pictures, I don't get any peace of mind for next event before the "old" event is completed and categorized….

This sounded so very familiar, so very like me, even though I’d somehow reconciled myself with setting out for Norway in July with many more images of Thailand and Greenland still waiting for my return! Although I completed my Wandering in Ranheim yesterday, there are other images of Trondheim and of Kristiansand which are worth sharing (and have even been requested!) … and six day’s 365’s … and so many of Lookchin …and…and…

So peace of mind is totally out of the question, for I leave for Heathrow tomorrow, and on to Singapore!

But I know that the moment I get back at the end of the month I’ll be instantly and totally absorbed in what you’ve all been up to.

Comment

Bon voyage!

Is there a CV members gallery at all, other than the 'self portrait' thread?

If not, would one work?

Comment

I guess a CV members gallery would work, but would everyone agree to put his/her image up on the web to stay there for ever....?
                    I don't have problems with that, because I've published pictures of myself many times. I mean, out there in the world, I can't hide neither my name nor face, so....
                    But a thread like this will be worthless if only a handful active (the most active) members will post.

My dear friend 'Seagull' :
                    Enjoy your voyage to Singapore!!!!!! Take many pictures, and take care!!!
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Cecillia have a GOEDE REIS and enjoy you're visit there.
                      i loved to see you're images when you come back
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Singapore?

WAOW... have anice trip, safe flights and bring back lots of photographic memories!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          Singapore?....
                          Yes, for the Formula 1 Race.

See Lookchin's thread
                          (Just about to send him off on his own journey in the post).

Thanks for the good wishes everyone

Comment

Yes, for the Formula 1 Race.

See Lookchin's thread
                            (Just about to send him off on his own journey in the post).

Thanks for the good wishes everyone
                            Car races in Singapore: oh, goodie... a bit away from the slow pace of my ferry.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

HAVE SO MUCH FUN, Lady C!!!! I'll look for you on TV!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                                HAVE SO MUCH FUN, Lady C!!!! I'll look for you on TV!
                                Turn 1 grandstand!

Comment

Working...
                                X