Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Oh Pakarang, you’ll LOVE this. Just look what I discovered right here in Edinburgh –the answer to when I’m in a “I miss Thailand” mood!!!!!!

These kinds of shops is one of the few things which makes countries like Norway habitable... there are a handful of them here in Trondheim as well, and they are havens and a necessity on any trip out shopping for food...

Glad you found it, now, the next step will be for you to shop there and cook something Thai...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      ...the next step will be for you to shop there and cook something Thai...
      Ah, so perhaps I can soon expect to see your recipe for Tom Yam Kung in that Food around the world thread!!!!

Comment

Ah, so perhaps I can soon expect to see your recipe for Tom Yam Kung in that Food around the world thread!!!!
        So many things on my to-do list, and lots of work on the ferry... summer schedule and busy departures for the rest of the summer... shall off course see what I can do.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

So many things on my to-do list, and lots of work on the ferry... summer schedule and busy departures for the rest of the summer... shall off course see what I can do.
          Exciting summer ferry schedule! And a to-do list that’s even longer than mine!
          So I might just excuse you from the position of captain of the cookery class . . . think I’ve got a massaman curry recipe I might attempt to master meanwhile. . . but only if there's time between planning further instalments of a new Thailand thread of course . . . .

Comment

Heading for Norway tomorrow morning 23rd July! – First stop Trondheim.
            Look out for the southbound Midnatsol all day Tuesday 27th to Ålesund, where I’ll be around on the 28th. Then off to Kristiansand for the Tall Ships!

I’m back home late on Monday 2nd August, but understandably it might be a few days before I emerge from beneath a mountain of photos!!!!!!!

While I’m away don’t forget to participate in this thread
            (I’m allowed to post mine after I get back )

Comment

I am so DESPERATELY jealous, Lady C!!!!! If you see our Captain, give him a hug for me!!!!!!! Lookchin and I will be looking for you (and making a cake!)

Comment

If you see our Captain, give him a hug for me!!!!!!!
                And what if she spot The Commodore Big S....???
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I just thought about that as well...I was thinking about everyone on that side of the pond (was just on Facebook chatting with Helgeland/Joakim) and it dawned on me that Lady C said she was going to K'sund....

and I don't know..but is Ostafjells/Little Svein in Trondheim now too? So many of y'all...

Anyway, restatement of instructions, Lady C. Hug EVERYONE (you will have to use a polevault or platform shoes to get to Big S, I suspect) for me. Are you all really going to get together over the next few days??? HOW EXCITING!!!!!! Oh, how much FUN you are going to have, Seagull! Sounds like you timing is PERFECT!!! SO see, it worked out that I couldn't pop over there later in the year (and better for my bank account, what with the leaky bathroom......)
                  HAVE SO MUCH FUN ALL Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: K'sand....K'sund....I know they are different........so confusing...I guess y'all are gonna be in k'sand???????

Comment

I guess Cecilia will be in K'sund too, on a southbound hurtigrute to Ålesund, but in K'sand..., as far as I know right now, I'm going to meet Cecilia and Jan-Martin ('HurtigruteMartin').
                    Just seen the berthing plan and Captains Manual now, and I'm delighted to see we have a hotel room just a couple of hundred meters away from the hole circus
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

soooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of photos, please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                        soooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of photos, please!!!
                        I do have photos.... it was such a thrilling experience to meet both Lady C, and ostafjells and his wonderful family at the same time... WAOW... can you imagine, 3 members on the same boat at the same time! Perfect. I think that was a brand new record!

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to both Lady C, and Svein with family, for taking a moment out of your time to visit me on the bridge of FOSEN.

Thank you.

Comment

I do have photos.... it was such a thrilling experience to meet both Lady C, and ostafjells and his wonderful family at the same time... WAOW... can you imagine, 3 members on the same boat at the same time! Perfect. I think that was a brand new record!

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to both Lady C, and Svein with family, for taking a moment out of your time to visit me on the bridge of FOSEN.

Thank you.
                          The pleasure was all mine, so great to finally meet Jan-Olav, and what a great bonus and pleasant surprise it was to meet Cecilia as well! Too bad the ferry ride was so short.

Comment

Only got a moment on this terminal at the hotel, so just to echo what ostafjells has said about how special it was to be on the bridge of Fosen. Ostafjells, I hadn't immediately realised you hadn't met pakarang previously. Oh, and as for the "short time" - I cheated by going "back and forth" TWICE
                            All for now. Tomorrow I'm aboard Midnatsol.

Comment

Sounds like there's been some big get togethers going on aboard the Fosen! I look forward to seeing some photographs of these meetings.
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Only got a moment on this terminal at the hotel, so just to echo what ostafjells has said about how special it was to be on the bridge of Fosen. Ostafjells, I hadn't immediately realised you hadn't met pakarang previously. Oh, and as for the "short time" - I cheated by going "back and forth" TWICE
                                All for now. Tomorrow I'm aboard Midnatsol.
                                I guess Jan-Olav is among the persons of the world you immediately feel that you know, even though we've never met before. My wife felt the same way. He's so easy going and there's no lack of subjects to talk about

Same goes for you, Cecilia, you seem very outgoing and easy to communicate with, and I guess you won't have any troubles meeting new friends on your travels I hope you have a great voyage with the Midnatsol, we sure enjoyed ours with Kong Harald!

Comment

Working...
                                X