No announcement yet.

Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody...and Hercule Polo was doing brilliantly but perhaps didn’t quite appreciate that the various forms of transport in the order mentioned constitute the complete round trip back to Edinburgh. So with ship only mentioned once, he seems to have stranded me in the Isle of Wight!

Anyway, tomorrow is a relaxing day before the ship story starts on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Thanks everybody...and Hercule Polo was doing brilliantly but perhaps didn’t quite appreciate that the various forms of transport in the order mentioned constitute the complete round trip back to Edinburgh. So with ship only mentioned once, he seems to have stranded me in the Isle of Wight!

Anyway, tomorrow is a relaxing day before the ship story starts on Friday
      Bon voyage.... and stay safe always!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The mystery solved:
        "I'll be aboard Serenissima visiting islands of England, Ireland and Scotland in May!"
        Enjoy!!!

Comment

I'm back from a wonderful trip...
          Firstly, congratulations to ombugge who realised the reference to the trip on Serenissima that "I think I mentioned somewhere a while back" was in fact in a comment to him!
          Second prize goes to our 'Hercule Polo' for quickly sussing out the first stages of the trip!
          I hadn't really intended it to be a puzzle, although, judging by all the activity in the puzzle thread while I've been away, I seem to have caught the mood of the moment!

Just in case anyone is still confused, the round trip from and back to Edinburgh consisted of:-
          Plane Edinburgh to Gatwick airport.
          Train from Gatwick airport to Portsmouth, where I stayed two nights giving time to relax and get into a maritime mood - (including ferry-spotting, though not actually going to the Isle of Wight!)
          Ship Serenissima, a cruise they call “"Islands on the Edge" of England and the west coasts of Ireland and Scotland. From Portsmouth to Fairlie on the Firth of Clyde.
          Bus the included transfer to Glasgow, from where I continued by bus back to Edinburgh.

Thanks to those of you that managed to keep up with me elsewhere. I'm sorry it is just not practical for me to post here on CVF with just an iPAD and s-l-o-w internet connections.

Comment

I'm back from a wonderful trip...
            Firstly, congratulations to ombugge who realised the reference to the trip on Serenissima that "I think I mentioned somewhere a while back" was in fact in a comment to him!
            Second prize goes to our 'Hercule Polo' for quickly sussing out the first stages of the trip!
            I hadn't really intended it to be a puzzle, although, judging by all the activity in the puzzle thread while I've been away, I seem to have caught the mood of the moment!

Just in case anyone is still confused, the round trip from and back to Edinburgh consisted of:-
            Plane Edinburgh to Gatwick airport.
            Train from Gatwick airport to Portsmouth, where I stayed two nights giving time to relax and get into a maritime mood - (including ferry-spotting, though not actually going to the Isle of Wight!)
            Ship Serenissima, a cruise they call “"Islands on the Edge" of England and the west coasts of Ireland and Scotland. From Portsmouth to Fairlie on the Firth of Clyde.
            Bus the included transfer to Glasgow, from where I continued by bus back to Edinburgh.

Thanks to those of you that managed to keep up with me elsewhere. I'm sorry it is just not practical for me to post here on CVF with just an iPAD and s-l-o-w internet connections.
            Welcome home and what an amazing journey you had.

And I sussed you out on Faebook too.... it was fairly easy, knowing your love for Serenissima.

I think I saw a post that you were at, or heading to Portsmouth.... I then searched marinetraffic for the location of Serenissima, and yes, she was not too far away with your destination and her destination a match.

TA-DAAA!

Welcome home, welcome home.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

TA-DAAA indeed Captain! And consider yourself the absolutely star prizewinner for keeping up with me throughout Serenissima'’s voyage!
              Just for the record in case anyone else is reading this, it wasn'’t only via FB, but also on Instagram. Actually it was with you and your current posting habits in mind that I made a special effort to post different photos of each day on the two social media sites. Thank you so very much for following me.

I do enjoy Instagram more than FB, but the FB 'Check-in places' database now in common for both sites is an absolute mess compared with the good old days of Gowalla. One example was "St Kilda" which I happened to click on later and realised it connected to the suburb and beach of that name in Melbourne, Australia! I think I have now managed to remove all the spurious and incorrect check-ins, but the amusing thing was that I have actually been to that other St Kilda - it is where the Australia Grand Prix Formula 1 racetrack is!

Comment

TA-DAAA indeed Captain! And consider yourself the absolutely star prizewinner for keeping up with me throughout Serenissima'’s voyage!
                Just for the record in case anyone else is reading this, it wasn'’t only via FB, but also on Instagram. Actually it was with you and your current posting habits in mind that I made a special effort to post different photos of each day on the two social media sites. Thank you so very much for following me.

I do enjoy Instagram more than FB, but the FB 'Check-in places' database now in common for both sites is an absolute mess compared with the good old days of Gowalla. One example was "St Kilda" which I happened to click on later and realised it connected to the suburb and beach of that name in Melbourne, Australia! I think I have now managed to remove all the spurious and incorrect check-ins, but the amusing thing was that I have actually been to that other St Kilda - it is where the Australia Grand Prix Formula 1 racetrack is!
                hahahahaha....

Instagram is easier in so many ways, because they show pictures, which I like to see. Facebook has so much uneccassary junk, advertisements and what not. I'm not too often on FB really. I check in once in a while, but find it .... ehhh.... sorry, but to be honest, boring.

But then again, nearly everybody I have worked with in the past, are there, and it's stalker-is fun to keep a track on their lives and whereabouts.

Remember the time when you could actually get through the feed there?

Now, it's a lost cause.

Comment

Working...
                X