Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish you both a wonderful cruise with "Serenissima"

A picture from Porto Di Portoferraio in the early afternoon showing "Serenissima" moored
    Not the best picture, but the ship is easily recognizable.

Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

• Seagull
      Seagull commented
      Editing a comment
      Great capture! Thank you Bengt.

Lady C is currently underway from Bonifacio to Napoli.... steaming along at just above 14 knots!

Bet she is having a wonderful on board dinner as we speak!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Seagull
      Seagull commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! There were engine visits in the afternoon - always more spectacular when underway of course! And then an absolutely yummy dinner followed a lecture about Vesuvius. This morning I photographed the volcano with a fabulous sunrise as the ship approached Naples.

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of engine visits,,, did you ask about the stabilizers? Don't forget it !!!

I have now been back a few days after what has been a very successful though inevitably exhausting trip with "cabin second-mate" (i.e. the human being rather than the soft squidgy mascot #1!).

The Mediterranean itineraries tend to attract somewhat more sedate guests than, say, my trips to the Azores and to Panama, and the staff accompanying the local guides on excursions were very good about factoring in those all important breaks and toilet stop opportunities. Consequently, and to my absolute astonishment, D went on ALL the excursions every single day!
    Dining room staff I already knew ensured no difficulty in meal matters, AND super birthday celebrations for him!

As I may have mentioned, the cruise date was not picked to include the birthday, but was a narrow window of opportunity before this week when D will be in hospital for a scheduled procedure/tests on Thursday. So I haven't even had time to download all my photos yet. Next update from me in a few days will hopefully be in the Serenissima thread with some answers to one of your questions

Comment

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      I stay tuned,of course.
Working...
X