No announcement yet.

Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yiiihhaaaa..... she is in the Land of Smiles, the Enchanting Kingdom, and Magical Thailand....

Hope she has not melted in the extreme heat they are having over there... I bet she has a lot of wonderful pictures already! Can't wait to see her images on return, they'll make a fantastic new thread I know.....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Just so she knows...

Thursday, about 10 am East Coast Standard Time (we change to Daylight Time this weekend...)

I was driving down the road, listening to Sek Loso, which made we wonder...

Where is Seagull right NOW??????

Captain, do you have her itinerary?

I know she is having a BLAST--If I can hardly wait to see the photos...Jan-Olav must be about to jump out of his SKIN!!!!

Comment

I have it in an e-mail somewhere... I can for sure she is in paradise, or as close to paradise as you possibly can come!

I agree with you, I just can't wait till the day she returns.... it'll be so awesome seeing here new thread(s) pop up loaded to the rim with enchanting images of all kinds. She is just the right photographer, and so talented, and there lies my admiration!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The Seagull is alive: recieved just now by e-mail:

I feel you have been with me all the time on this increadable journey. Right now, Sunday, I'm in Sukhothai. So much to tell you when I return, including a surprise! LOTS of photos - that's not a surprise!!! Not much time to communicate now, so please tell the CV Crew that I feel so at home and am so very very happy here in Thailand.
          I think she is having a great time and I for one, can almost not wait till she finally returns with tons of pictures.

Comment

The Seagull has returned home!! Well –the word reluctantly comes to mind.

Thank you so very much for all the good wishes and thoughts, and I hope the photos will somehow manage to live up to all those great expectations of yours.

Now, the words pakarang and patience are not two I would normally associate!!!!!!!!!!! But it is going to be necessary –remember it was only a few days between my return from Norway and my departure to Thailand, so I’m behind before I even begin.

And then comes 365 catch-up of course.
            However, you are fortunate paks –the particular weather produced hazy featureless no-cloud skies, which means that Thailand motifs will creep into some photos even before I am ready to burst into activity in the Thailand section

Better start unpacking . . . .

Comment

The Seagull has safely landed back in the much colder Europe.... Welcome home and welcome back to us!

Please ensure you get a good night's rest and when you are ready, we are all off course looking forward to study your photographic treasures which I'm sure your camera contains.

Comment

Welcome home! And I'm sure we all understand you need time to let us all into your journey via many images....
                (I however don't envy your list of posts to look into here in CV).
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Welcome back. I hope springtime has arrived also in Edinburgh now and so the change will not be too extreme. You summed up perfectly your homework, so i am sure, we will see very interesting threads here soon...
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Darling Cecilia..my CV-sister!! Welcome back to us!! You have been missed (although we have been playing nicely together. I only had to beat Jan-Olav up once, and Ralf was away alot, so didn't misbehave...and, well, Sterkoder was his Sterkodery self....we were constantly off topic........)

Was it AMAZING???? You promised J-O a surprise...I can't WAIT!!! He had to get a new camera whilst you were away....Be prepared!

I can't wait to see what your favorite thing was...or your amazing skyscapes...and see what Sea Troll is wearing now... is Pippi/Elizabeth still with you?

Toes up...relax. Get off of ThaiTime....and THEN tell us EVERYTHING!!!

(I know, I owe everyone here a start to MY adventures......but I just had to welcome my sib-sister HOME!!!!!)

Comment

welcom back Cecilia, i cant wait for your images,so take some rest and overload us with foto's.1 day of rest is enough?
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

More lovely welcomes back .
                        Janihudi –It’s going to require extra days of rest just catching up on what you’ve all been up to, even if I manage to restrain myself from actually replying or commenting on anything individually. I think what I meant when I said I had returned home reluctantly (apart from the obvious wishing a longer holiday in Thailand) was reluctant to return home as in Scotland, but certainly not reluctant to return home as in CV forum family home! Sterkoder might not have envied me such a long posts-catch-up list, but the catching up is so enjoyable.

I’m doing so well at it, I will reward myself by allowing just a couple of comments here:-

To pakarang:- HAPPY NEW CAMERA
                        Oh, and I had been intending to answer your “I might be Pippi's famous monkey...” with the comment:-
                        Monkey!!!!!!!!! –surely not one of those animals recently described as intimidating, biting, screaming, quite nasty, and best belonging in a stew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Doesn’t sound at all like my darling Captain!

But I see you thought better of it and have become not a monKEY but a KEY-ring. I’d reminded Pippi/Elizabeth before I went away that you were already a keyring but didn’t have time to look up the reference. (It’s here for others now admiring your new avatar.)

To my dear CV-sister E:- AMAZING (even in upper case bold) is total understatement! You can tell, because at this moment I can’t even begin to nominate “favourite thing”. Oh, and unlike your days 138, 143, 144 and especially 147 my skyscapes were challenging rather than amazing (though there is one already selected and totally “thinking outside the box” that I’m pleased with) . . . .
                        . . . and as for Sea-Troll, he hasn’t unpacked yet . . .

Comment

Oh Pakarang, you’ll LOVE this. Just look what I discovered right here in Edinburgh –the answer to when I’m in a “I miss Thailand” mood!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                            Oh Pakarang, you’ll LOVE this. Just look what I discovered right here in Edinburgh –the answer to when I’m in a “I miss Thailand” mood!!!!!!

Seagull, where about is this? It looks like somewhere I might like to shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                              Seagull, where about is this? It looks like somewhere I might like to shop.
                              Bruntsfield Place – the bit between Bruntsfield Links/Bruntsfield Hotel and Holy Corner. Here, and beyond into Churchhill and Morningside, is a great area for many interesting small shops and café’s.

Actually there is a map and other info here on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                                Bruntsfield Place – the bit between Bruntsfield Links/Bruntsfield Hotel and Holy Corner. Here, and beyond into Churchhill and Morningside, is a great area for many interesting small shops and café’s.

Actually there is a map and other info here on their website.
                                Oh good, I cut through that way once or twice a year so will be able to pay a visit.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X