No announcement yet.

Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For SURE pakarang! ...a bank-account depleting holiday!!!! ...but ABSOLUTELY worth every penny and UAE Dirham

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      So when can we expect to get a race report and more from Abu Dhabi?

• I'm on my travels again ...kind of "doing a pakarang"!!!!! ...already in London Heathrow and heading for Bangkok.

Comment

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a safe and pleasant trip!

• I'm back in cold wet windy Scotland. As I'll be at D's over the holiday period, I've only just got a moment to post a seasonal greeting in the appropriate thread before braving the storm to buy a turkey, mince pies, cake and suchlike. No time for home baking this year, but I should certainly be able to manage a tasty Thai recipe for the turkey left-overs!

Comment

• A very merry Christmas to you too, and welcome home to grey, cold and wet Scotland!

In Trondheim today, snow is falling, but temepratures are raising and a storm is on the way too.

Even though I KNOW your trip to Thailand was amazing, I still hope it was even better than you wanted it to be before you left.

I will be leaving for Thailand soon too... as always, I can't wait to plant myself in the Kingdom again.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Seagull
        Seagull commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you - and how happy it makes me to see you have written "I KNOW" (in such big letters!).
        I could never have imagined before I went how the 5th December would unfold into such an extraordinary, moving and profound experience.
        Last edited by Seagull; December 23rd, 2016, 19:06.

• I am actually away again already, and am in London. Tomorrow, Sunday, I join the group travelling to Guatemala, and on Monday evening we board SERENISSIMA at Puerto Quetzal. There will be 86 of us, plus ten staff among which the Assistant Expedition Leader is Kristine Hannon who contributed so much to this forum at the time when we were so concerned about the future of HARALD JARL / ANDREA. Those of you who enjoy webcam-watching might want to make a note in your diary for Tuesday 7th February when we make a daytime transit of the Panama Canal!

Comment

• Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to the photo report.

Comment

• Enjoy your trip so much, Cecilia. Will make a note on my pc desktop for 7. February so I remember it. I guess you're all on AIS, so I can find the ship.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Even if the ship may not pop up on Marine Traffic etc.ALL the way down the Pacific coast (and just to confuse you we go up into Mexico before heading in the Panama direction), you will for sure see SERENISSIMA on AIS awaiting her turn to enter the Canal! Remember Panama time is UTC -5 hours.

Comment

• Have a fantastic journey Cecilia!

Comment

• I'm back! (Just a bit bogged down with the usual issues here just now.)

So many memories - so many photos!
                Glad such a lot of you were able to follow the trip in real time on FB - I was surprised I did so well with the wi-fi.
                VERY special thanks to Bengt for the WONDERFUL capture of the ship in the locks at Panama that he posted on Serenissima’'s thread

Comment

• Welcome back and welcome home, Lady C!

I'm in Norway for just a few days myself, and will be commuting quite frequently between Norway and Thailand the next half a year, perhaps the next year.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                  X