No announcement yet.

Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God, how our gallant lady C moves around. And then that same old boat, all the time. Do we envy her? (Not me! No!)
    Last edited by Sigve; May 6th, 2015, 07:46.
    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

• Seagull
      Seagull commented
      Editing a comment
      ummm... should we believe him....

Well, to borrow Our Captain's words, "In order to re-appear sometime else, you will first need to disappear". So I did and now I’m back! Flew to Edinburgh after some days in Iceland after the Fram voyage.

Not that I had entirely disappeared, at least to those of you who are also on FB. It's just that I can't face up to coping with Photobucket to get on-the-go piccies onto CVF while on the move with just an iPad, plus the tendency of my CVF browsing to gobble up available data allowances. And on this trip, even more than most, the places when I did have adequate internet access were those when I was far too busy seeing and doing things!

This was despite this trip having an actual lap top with me ...us ...but Cabin Mate was intent on using it to get a very exact and complete GPS track of the voyage, and such things as monitoring his computers back home (I even caught him doing Windows updates remotely for one of those!).

I'll now need a day or so's grace to complete two lots of unpacking, laundry, food shopping plus essential tasks, and am just trying to work up some enthusiasm for mowing Cabin Mate's garden lawn ...errr jungle ...while the weather is fine.

Yes, I can see it might be better to stop apologising and adopt pakarang and Yves holiday philosophy, but on the other hand Ralf's On Tour minute-by-minute does look very exciting...
    ...but no, the grass awaits!!!!! See you all later!

Comment

• Sigve
      Sigve commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome home, Cecilia. Am looking forward to what happens after your lawnmoving.....

Eventually! ...the trip report An Explorer Cruise aboard Fram 12 - 23 May 2015, “Fjord Highlights and the Viking Trail”, starts here in Fram's thread.

Comment

I'm heading to Darmstadt for a meeting at EUMETSAT (European weather satellite HQ) and ESA. Hope to resume the posts in the FRAM thread when I return after the weekend.

Comment

I had a rather complicated week after getting back from the weather satellite meetings in Germany. Anyway, I am now aboard AZORES but not much internet access. Tomorrow I'll be in Flåm where we are tendering, so I'll probably have to wait to let those going on the train excursion to get ashore first. The following day will be Olden, and the one after that Bergen. Got to return to the ship now .. Cheers everyone!

Comment

• Sigve
          Sigve commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Seagull: I had hoped to meeet you in Flåm tomorrow.. But yesterday my house was filled up with summer guests. So I can't leave them. Not even for you. So this is really bad luck. Hope to meet You sometime in the future!

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Sigve, totally understand...it is SUMMER after all! There is sure to be a chance to meet up some other occasion ...as you know I can't keep away from your wonderful country Have a lovely time with your guests.
          I've just taken a photo of Costa Romantica ...that ship is the reason we on Azores are tendering
          here today!

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          Dear Galaxy,
          It will feel special to be returning to Olden ...I really feel I belong after celebrating 17 May with your community on my Fram trip earlier this year (Yes there will be photos of that in due course ...promise!)
          I expect You will be at work tomorrow, but if you happen to see someone from the Azores walking around in a Fram blue jacket, and of course taking photos, do say hello 'cos it will be me!

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        I had a rather complicated week after getting back from the weather satellite meetings in Germany. Anyway, I am now aboard AZORES but not much internet access. Tomorrow I'll be in Flåm where we are tendering, so I'll probably have to wait to let those going on the train excursion to get ashore first. The following day will be Olden, and the one after that Bergen. Got to return to the ship now .. Cheers everyone!
        I don't say this has anything to do with our Seagull but hope she is OK:
        http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article11342334.ece

Comment

• Sigve
          Sigve commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have Seagulls schedule in my head, but she was in Flåm Monday, and then it should be Olden Tuesday. This incident happened Wednesday. So let's hope she is safe and well.

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Sigve's right. Seabourn Quest was the other ship in Olden, Azores is in Bergen. BT article seems to confirm which ship though.

• Galaxy
          Galaxy commented
          Editing a comment
          Azores and Seagull was in Olden tuesday 21 yesterday it was Britannia and Seabourn Quest who was in port.

I’'m back after a good trip aboard MV Azores - thanks for your concerns and your good wishes. I ran out of time to post here while I had internet access in Bergen before the crossing back to Hull.
        Since then D has ended up in hospital but is now home, though as well as the Crohns playing up, it seems with a further chronic problem (of the kind that less straightforward folk generally refer to as “the waterworks”).
        Seems to be feeling better today for he is happily installing Windows10 on umpteen computers ...including mine at his place. So this brief "heads-up" is probably all from me for the next few days!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of D's problems, Cecilia. The Chrone's is quite enough without anything else. But at least it hasn't stopped him getting stuck into the technical side of life!
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hi Cecilia from me too. Hope things settle down fairly soon.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I'm away for a couple of weeks! That FRAM trip report will resume on my return!

Comment

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment
                Have a nice trip on Serenissima!

Bon voyage and welcome back with a ton of new images to sort through...
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm back! ...but with a lot of things that must be done before settling down to look at pictures - mine anyway. But I just HAD to look back right away at pakarang's photos of Kotor and Dubrovnik, in particular. I enjoyed them so very much at the time, and now I've been to these places for the first time myself - and from aboard Serenissima too! Thanks to our ever-inspiring pakarang.

Comment

Welcome back, Lady C!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It's been a complicated month, but I am nevertheless getting away for a week, and no ship involved! - but perhaps mascot Sea-Troll's uniform might give you a clue!

Comment

• Tommi
                      Tommi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That seems to be fun! Have a great Race-time!

You are on a banking holiday (the SANTANDER-clue)...?

Comment

Working...
                    X