Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    Oh, and thank you all for your information about the airlines. I did not know about the Iberia-BA relationship.
    The BA holding company and Iberia merged into IAG (International Consolidated Airlines Group) in 2011. The business side of things is run from Madrid. Latest reports imply that BA is at last feeling rather pleased with the way things are now going.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Evening all (Thai time)! Well, I'm now in Phuket and, on this my third trip to Thailand (henceforth code named T3) I actually get to see the sea! And what a view from this hotel - a resort perched on a cliff. Not so much at the top of a cliff, but built on the slope of the cliffs with lots of winding paths and steps. Well, I really treated myself here, but I don't think I'd manage to coax a photo from iPad to Photobucket and on to here without getting all mixed up ...So I'll just say my choice of room, villa actually, comes with an extra special feature! I have ALL tomorrow to indulge myself at this dream location which I first heard of in a picture pakarang posted somewhere on the forum and I think maybe in his blog or elsewhere too. Anyway, it stuck in my mind, and so now here I am. SO happy!

Comment

Actually photographed a ship today. Turned up right below my villa ...almost looked as if you lot had EVENTUALLY decided on a nice little CV yacht and turned up to take over my.....PRIVATE INFINITY POOL !

Comment

Can't wait to see the photographs when you get back!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I've now moved up the coast a bit, to Khao Lak, and am staying first at a typical beach resort where I got a favourable deal (thus financing the more luxury stays!).. It seems a good place, not that I have much experience of this kind of hotel to compare - think loads of sunbeds around garden and pools, instructions about not hogging them, and which towels to take outside. But the absolutely most wonderful thing about this hotel is it's beachside location - on Pakarang Beach. Each evening I've walked along the sands and on to the pebble corals of Pakarang Cape. If you have read the thread about how we chose our forum names you will know the significance of our Captain's. It means a great deal to me to be here, to see how normality has been restored, to meet and support businesses of some local people. And, of course, to remember lives lost and others changed as a result of the tsunami.

Comment

I see that you have traveled to Thailand, I wish you a great vacation.
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

Now some indulgent luxury ... I'm located at the other side of the headland of Pakarang Cape at a resort, The Sarojin, which ten years ago had just been about to open its doors to its first guests when the tsunami struck. Soon re-established, it quickly built up a reputation for service and excellence. I seem to have mentioned the word "garden" when writing about the previous resort. Ummm, cross that out and put "grass" ....THIS is a garden! Trees of many kinds, winding paths, and little streams, a lotus pond, and a swimming pool with romantic 4-poster-style pavilions. The only possible downside to all this is a somewhat greater mosquito presence than I would be comfortable exposing our captain too. Talking of things maritime, the hotel also boasts its own luxury boat the Lady Sarojin, and tomorrow I am aboard her on a trip to the Similan Islands!

Comment

I take back what I said about captain and mosquitos in the previous post. The two bites I had disappeared without having showed any of the mosquito bite characteristics, and was probably just some other kind of insect who loved the exotic smelling oils they have in the spa just as much as I did! Actually and surprisingly there are more mosquitos to be avoided here in Hua Hin where (as already discovered by a couple of you determined Seagull-stalkers) I am based for the rest of my trip.

Comment

Completely forgot to make a brief update here this morning! ...was so carried away by so many interesting threads and posts. Well, I''m now at the Centara Grand hotel in Hua Hin (originally the Railway hotel and the first hotel in Hua Hinl) until I head back to Bangkok at the end of these wonderful weeks. The hotel is like a mini-Raffles-by-the-sea! I am trying to relax and take advantage of all the indulgent pleasures on offer, and whilst there are some intended places to visit that I have run out of days for one should always have an excuse to return! ...but guess what, I DID manage to find those fun shopping places that pakarang featured in his recent trip thread!

Comment

Since the last post I have visited some temples, an old royal palace ....and a vineyard! But now sadly time is catching up on me and this wonderful dream trip is nearly over. I've just arrived in Bangkok and fly as far as London tomorrow. Edinburgh Sunday. I have a feeling I might be less around CVF for some days then than I managed to be while away! I am informed there are/will be 2 F1 races recorded for me, other more dubious stuff D is convinced I should see, and then I suppose many a domestic task of the kind I have become unaccustomed to!

Comment

Welcome home to Scotland - I presume you have made it back home by now.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes! ...the last leg of the journey from London yesterday. Edinburgh was extremely FOGGY and the temperature 6°!

Comment

BUT (...apart from the inevitable desire for a longer holiday, the culture-shock and weather back here, and all the catching-up tasks!) :-

Comment

The holiday must have been very good and nice for the seagull, a total transformation
                              Best wishes from
                              Bengt Domben

Comment

I never had doubt that Thailand would /will have that affect on many!

Comment

Working...
                                X