Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

I'm now in Tromsø! Wonderful to see Serenissima and Lofoten together. Tomorrow I'll see Serenissima depart with a new group of guests.

Comment

With the weather today varying between blue sky and warm sunshine and cloud with rain showers, I've had an absolutely wonderful time scampering around taking views of Serenissima in all sorts of light and from different spotter places, some where I hadn't been before! I even found a "pakarang view" place

Now I'm visiting northbound hurtigrute Midnatsol and took a view of Serenissima from there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        I'm now in Tromsø! Wonderful to see Serenissima and Lofoten together. Tomorrow I'll see Serenissima depart with a new group of guests.
        It appears she sailed today (Thursday 27 June) at 10:10, according to the Recent Port Calls on MarineTraffic.

She is currently somewhere off the Lofoten Islands near Å. I would so like to go to Å.

EDIT: I should have said that it appears she got away from Tromsø and spent the night of the 25th/26th at sea(?) then the night of the 26th/27th in Svolvaer (tied up at a non-Hurtigruten quay this time), departing at 2013-06-27 10:10, according to the Recent Port Calls on MarineTraffic.
        Last edited by Clipper; June 27th, 2013, 21:15. Reason: Earlier stupidity!
        ---------------------------
        Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
        Deck plan geek.

Comment

On the evening of Tuesday 25th June, Serenissima departed Tromsø shortly after 22:00 and I waved her off on her new cruise southbound with a new group of guests. I’d earlier seen them out on deck having a safely drill and being issued with life jackets. Two people started waving in my direction, Oh they really are waving at ME… and then I recognised them from the very last voyage of Nordstjernen back from Svalbard! After the drill they came ashore to say hello.

And so as their journey started, mine came to an end. Yesterday was what you might call an airport day, and I arrived back in Edinburgh on the BMI Regional flight from Copenhagen late last night.

It has been an absolutely marvellous week for me. I’m not going to call it a “trip” as such …you are already in suspended animation on a trip aboard Fram remember, when I left you outside Winchester cathedral!!!!! But I will as soon as possible prepare all my photos of Serenissima and post them in her thread. (ok, maybe not THAT soon …there’s the British F1 at Silverstone to immediately distract me …but at least I’m not so addicted to tennis, despite the local hero!)

(PS Clipper - I haven’t been to Å either ….yet!)

Comment

Sorry Cecilia, I posted rubbish earlier today at #348. I've got a head cold and my brain really isn't working properly.

Just added a paragraph above to say what I should have said earlier.
            ---------------------------
            Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
            Deck plan geek.

Comment

Well no, I'm not actually away anywhere! But, all rather unplanned and last-minute, I'm involved in a European Space Agency conference - "Living Planet Symposium" - which is happening right here in Edinburgh all this week. I'll try to pop into CVF between sessions, but won't be posting photo stuff, and won't be able to further explore and experiment with the new board ...except to see how it behaves on an iPad!!!!!!

Comment

Do I look like I need a Holiday?

Run out of time
                tonight and I have an early start to the airport tomorrow - Hope to keep somewhat in touch on the go so watch this space!
                PS Oh you don't realise where I'm going? Well it DID get a mention in someone's post recently!

Comment

• Sigve
                  Sigve commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In Norway we say: God tur!

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have a great voyage!

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Takk, Sigve!
                  Tommi, that's "voyage" in inverted commas ....no ship involved!

Safe travels - ALWAYS!
                With kind regards,

Jan-Olav Storli
                Administrator and Owner CaptainsVoyage Forum / CaptainsVoyage.com

Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/

Comment

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much. Good so far having avoided queues and crowds that can happen at EDI at this time of year due to rugby internationals!!! Flight to LHR now boarding.

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have fun and we look forward to a great report. Unfortunately we have little information to stalk you...

Hi Ralf! ...so the stalking is a bit challenging! ...ok, it is meant to be, kind of like a competition! ..but surely YOU are way ahead in at least identifying the country I'm travelling to (since I see you were lurking in the thread in which that dear "someone" mentioned I might already be away!)

Comment

Destination correct! ...but I'm not departing until this evening on Thai Airways TG917

Comment

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, spending a nice day in the airport? I hate hanging around too long in such locations, But here are the corrected links then.
                  http://de.flightaware.com/live/fligh...135Z/EGLL/VTBS

plane:
                  http://de.flightaware.com/photos/vie...crafttype/A346

How about posting from time to time is the "Where is...?" thread? Would be a nice refreshment and enable us to follow your steps in Thailand.

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Spending a VERY nice and relaxing day at the airport, Ralf! None of those exhausting pakarang Frankfurt marathon races for me!

What and where is the "Where is ...." Thread Ralf, probably me being stupid but I can't think what you mean!

EDIT: oh now I get it!!! me stupid ...you mean the PUZZLE thread,,,,,, well as you see below that rather depends on figuring out how to post photos!

I'm intending to make updates right here, but adding photos on the move may be too challenging with the CVF via Photobucket on an iPad combo!
                  Last edited by Seagull; March 7th, 2014, 18:41.

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One hour delay at the departure, 40 minutes delay at arrival, but the seagull is landed. I don't think she has to change to another flight in Bangkok, so no marathon needed.

already delayed - so who is running the route today - the Brits?
                Then later:
                One hour delay at the departure, 40 minutes delay at arrival,
                So not the Brits, eh???
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seemed to be a busy day at Heathrow. Alright, that was a teasing sentence. Sorry, i was asking this to myself while writing and later found the answer. I am no frequest flight passenger, and so i was surprised about the same flight offered by Iberia and BA. A German surely would protest, if he would have booked a flight at Lufthansa and then there is an Iberia plane on the airfield. What do you think about it?

• wherrygirl
                  wherrygirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Common-place, Ralf. I book my flight with KLM to A'dam and find an Air France plane awaiting me at Norwich. This time I'm booked with KLM Norwich - A'dam and KLM Stuttgart-A'dam-Norwich so it will be interesting to see what I travel on!

I stalked her just on Facebook. She is now in Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport.

http://novotel-suvarnabhumi-arpt.h-r...FQEXwwodBxkA1w

Let's see, when she drops in here again. I am slightly disappointed to find the newest news not here, but on FB, Lady C !
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

HERE I am! Hope I manage to respond to all my followers and well wishers and their comments and questions! Right Ralf! starting with you! Not sure about that British Airways and Iberia relationship these days, but some years ago they were certainly running some flights as code share. For example on my first trip to Antarctica on NN, the flight Madrid to Buenos Aires might have looked as if it was two flights but was actually one and the same. On the other hand, I could give you examples of flights from Edinburgh to places like London, Amsterdam and some Scandinavian destinations which are separate and clearly in competition - often long established airlines and newer low cost ones departing at close to the same time of day! And yes if there is any kind of delay and missed slots it can sure result in some amusing / exasperating results!!!! All the changing groupings need careful following ... Lufthansa, SAS, and Thai are all in Star Alliance so I'd get my frequent flyer points on my SAS account with any of them these days! Right, that's already a long reply, so I'd better post it before it gets lost in cyberspace ...see why I quickly dealt with FB first! OK, in between there was ****tails on offer, and that kind of morphed into a buffet in the "Club Room" which was exactly the light meal I wanted in an evening when the flight was serving breakfast in the afternoon local Bangkok time!

Comment

• ombugge
                    ombugge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Code shearing is common place. It can be within one of the alliances (Star Alliance or One World etc.) but it can also be with "independent" airlines.
                    It is always route specific and can sometime be with a string of airlines.

Iberia and British Airways has the same parent company.
                    And KLM is owned by Air France.

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  I stalked her just on Facebook.
                  Don't forget I shall expect exactly the same assiduous stalking on my journey from Norwich via plane - Dutch trains (2) - friendly lift - Gorinchem ferry - snack at the stall - shanks pony to Hotel Woerkum. Then Stuttgart by plane to A'dam, transfer for Norwich, all by KLM or Air France or whatever turns up so long as it has a couple of wings and three wheels.
                  Bet you don't bother.
                  Last edited by wherrygirl; March 8th, 2014, 17:54.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Ralf__
                    Ralf__ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Janihudi is already out to install all the webcams...

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i got the webcams now,now to find houses where i can mount them and get some power for them.meanwhile yesterday my sister was here and she or her friend will pick you up Ivy,but it's just how they got planned in for work.unfortanally Marijke got another job,so she isn't free anymore on a wednesday.but hope i can sort it out on time,who i can send to pick that valuable load at the station.

Again she is quicker on Facebook. Now you can find her in "Paresa Resorts Phuket".

http://www.paresaresorts.com/default-en.html

You can see that must-have-pool-arrangement here also.
                  Oh, and thank you all for your information about the airlines. I did not know about the Iberia-BA relationship.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                  X