Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

....the Seagull is now eating BREAKFAST!!!!!!

I enjoyed coming in at the "other side" from usual and taking arrival photos in "cruise ship mode" rather than as regular hurtigrute. Island intervention was a bonus of course!

Brilliant post Ombugge, though I know you will be a bit disappointed that the Seagull isn't staying around town but is off to Trollstigen and Geiranger. At least the bus goes up for a webcam-like photo stop to start with!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      ....the Seagull is now eating BREAKFAST!!!!!!

I enjoyed coming in at the "other side" from usual and taking arrival photos in "cruise ship mode" rather than as regular hurtigrute. Island intervention was a bonus of course!

Brilliant post Ombugge, though I know you will be a bit disappointed that the Seagull isn't staying around town but is off to Trollstigen and Geiranger. At least the bus goes up for a webcam-like photo stop to start with!
      Yes, I was about to ask if you would be walking up (or down) Vandspringdalen this time!!! Going up by bus must be feeling like cheating for someone that normally would walk up the steps. Enjoy your bus trip though.

Comment

Can somebody try to open this link: http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/Webcams and let me know if it works?
        I can open the link, but the pictures from all three cameras are "frozen" or non-existent on my computer.

Comment

...does show the correct date, but no complete picture at my equipment.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            Can somebody try to open this link: http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/Webcams and let me know if it works?
            I can open the link, but the pictures from all three cameras are "frozen" or non-existent on my computer.
            It works for me and here is one of the current picture (is that "her" on the right? She looks so small!)

Last edited by Sarnia; August 30th, 2012, 16:00.
            MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
            Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
            My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

(You need to update the whole page, otherwise the date stamp changes but the image itself is not updated, apparently).

Last edited by Sarnia; August 30th, 2012, 16:19.
              MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
              My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Yes, there she is. Nice catch, Sarnia!!

Marinetraffic still shows her as anchored, she is moving around a bit.
                Onother classic visitor can be seen in Hellesylt now: Marco Polo.

Comment

You can see the Polarcirkelboats:

Comment

I got the pictures back as well. Thanks for restarting Sarnia!!!

Comment

Great captures everyone! Yes we are still at anchor. i am just back onboard NX and our Polar Cirkel boats are busy tendering. After great weather all day the forecast rain has just arrived here and the rapidly changing light on the fjord and the mountains is beautiful to see...even as I type this the sky lightens once again.

Comment

I meant to add that after the magnificent ascent of Trollstigen, our excellent guides and driver from Ålesund got us to the Eagle Road viewpoint just in perfect time to see NX appear from around the bend in the fjord. The patterns of the bow wave in the dark water was exquisite and I am VERY delighted with my photos!

Comment

Met up with ArcticGateway who was waiting on the quay to photograph the ship's arrival.
                          And here is the result:

Comment

Nice addition, thank you for your work. And we can clearly recognize our Cecilia and "her" David.

Comment

Good to see you can now post on the forum arcticGateway, though I'm not seeing a photo! But I DO like those inverted commas in your post Ralf, me having to put up with Neptune himself as cabin mate! .

Comment

though I'm not seeing a photo!
                                It's a video!
                                The default method to insert a video by using the video button doesn't work on an iPad. As I have seen some videos in this forum on my iPad there surley is another way to insert videos, but I don't know how?

Comment

Working...
                                X