Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    So exciting in Kristiansund! Sterkoder was positioned for his first photos and then headed for the quay. I showed him the Forever banner and then he came aboard. Although I had intended to leave him alone to take his photos, I could see that time would be so short that it was best that I stuck around, as he never before been aboard the ship. First a glance in the lounge, then a quick way to the bridge wing, and then from the boat deck to the flag deck, and back rapidly through the cafe and restaurant to our starting point, and sadly time for visitors to leave.

All the while the band was playing...and I can tell you Svein that it made a good impression of your city for the passengers.

Knowing Svein it won't be long before there are some photos in the Nordstjernen and/or Kristiansund threads!
    I'm actually glad you stuck with me, or else I wouldn't have found my way around whan the call to leave ship for visitors sounded.

I only wish the southbound hurtigrute could leave a little earlier from Trondheim.
    There's been a group working for years to get the southbound to stay at least an hour here, but so far no luck.
    As it seems now, I belive this group of people has ridden into the sunset.

30 minutes, and less when late, is a far too short time.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Just to say "God Morgen" to you all from an hotel in Ålesund where photos for the "Hotel room views" and "HSC" threads can be one and the same!

Comment

Flight to Bergen, and I am now located at a favourite spotterplace of mine at Cafe Kippers. From Marine Traffic I see that Nordstjernen is coming via the Nordhordlandsbrua route...

Comment

Now you can read about How I watched Nordstjernen's arrival in her thread...

Comment

My last hours in Norway.... Bergen is blue-sky sunny!!!!!....how annoying that the Fløyen funicular is closed for maintenance, and I don't really have time to walk up and down...but I've done my customary Beffen trip...photographed Nordstjernen with Beffen ....

Comment

What a pity, the funicular is closed at such a perfect weather! I remember that i walked up, when i was there the first time. It was not as long as i thought. But anyway, with a flight waiting later i also wouldn't walk up...

As more as you will return in summer!!
              Have good time and a safe way back home.
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Back on time last night at EDI, remembered to collect D's duty free shopping (iPad 3 ) and now allowed to watch the Malaysian F1 Qualifying live on TV...distractions, distractions....
                Thanks for following me and NX...will endeavour to get back in action on her thread as soon as possible

Comment

I'm having a blast this morning, reading up on everything you all have been doing the past two weeks while I have been on a restricted access to so many ways of communication.

Thank you all for not forgetting me and for "keeping an eye on me"... making sure I stay out of trouble...
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Writing this here, although I'm not away for "a while" for another 10 days yet!!
                    But after being away all day yesterday, and now out again today on a field trip, I thought I'd better explain a somewhat quieter Seagull than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      Writing this here, although I'm not away for "a while" for another 10 days yet!!
                      But after being away all day yesterday, and now out again today on a field trip, I thought I'd better explain a somewhat quieter Seagull than usual.
                      Always stay safe, Lady C!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Heading south in order to head north!!!!!!
                        (EDI to LHR so as to take the Hurtigruten-booked flight package to Svalbard tomorrow.)
                        Nordstjernen here I come!

Comment

Have a pleasant journey.

Am i jealous?? Yessss!!

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Met up with CVF member Linray at Heathrow last night and we all enjoyed dinner together (except Sea-Troll who was too shy or something! ). We next meet up in OSL as Hurtigruten were only allocated so many places per flight, and so I'm doing a Scandinavian tour LHR - CPH - OSL - Longyearbyen today! Just hope my luggage keeps up with me! Oh well, it all worked out cheaper than I could have booked myself...

Comment

Let's keep fingers crossed so that your luggage keeps even steps with you and Seatroll.
                              A pleasent joyrney to all of you!

Comment

Have a great time and safe voyage up north!!!!
                                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                                X