Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

Welcome to Norway, C!!
    Look forward to meet you Wednesday...., if engines on board the retireing lady permits her to visit Kristiansund....
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thanks all for your good wishes! They must have had a good effect because I am on schedule! ...sitting on the bus at Evenes airport and about to head for Harstad!

Comment

I've arrived at the Thon Hotel and have taken a photo for the Hotel Room Views thread.

Comment

I've such a great time in the company of Olaf and Kristian. We had a photo walk and not just to the places more familiar from the around the hurtigrute quay but also to their special spotter places...and I learnt so much about the history of Harstad, shipbuilding, ferries...oh and at last I've seen the bust of Anders Holte!
          Then we enjoyed the pizza buffet at the Egon Restaurant (which is part of Thon Hotel here) and talked and talked...such a great day...

Comment

It sounds like you all are enjoying yourselves over there!
            Now, don't forget to set your alarm clock! The lady expects you to be on time!

Comment

Good Morning!!!....at Hurtigruten Quay....

Comment

Seems like you met Midnatsol in Harstad and are steaming southbound to Risøyhamn.

Comment

YES!!!!!....and Carina is onboard, and now I have just met up with the German Hurtigforum members, and Sea-Troll has been photographed with their coffee table flag!!!!!

Comment

I am so glad, everything worked out fine. I am following also the report in the German forum, it is a very exiting tour, they had a repair stop northbound in Stokmarknes, then to quit a lot of ports to get back in schedule again and now southbound heavy seas. That would have been perfect for "Harald Jarl".

Have fun!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The weather seems to be decent, but there will be a front passage tonight. So heavy seas on the Vestfjord then?

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                        YES!!!!!....and Carina is onboard, and now I have just met up with the German Hurtigforum members, and Sea-Troll has been photographed with their coffee table flag!!!!!
                        Nice to do this travel with you all......even by proxy!
                        Enjoy it.

Comment

Welcome back (home?) to Norway Lady C.... don't be surprised if the Captain shows up in port shortly before the departure.
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Awwww thanks EVERYONE for following the trip and for ALL your comments... obviously LOTS to tell you and show you on my return, but must just add Harald Jarl and arcticGateway to the met and greeted list, and yes the weather changed on arrival at Svolvær after being bright and sunny all day...

But I can't wait to tell you all this....though maybe Ralf already heard...
                            you've seen the banner "Forever Young" on photos on Nordstjernen's thread...this afternoon the German group took it down and invited everyone on board to sign it!....then they are going to present it to the Hurtigruten Museum.

I was one of the first to sign it and I wrote in the middle of the letter O of
                            Forever!...After my signature I wrote "Seagull" and under that I added CaptainsVoyage Forum. So that is on behalf of you all dear CV family.

Comment

Oh....Seagull, my dear........ Your name will "FOREVER" be seen at our beloved Museum. Brilliant gesture. And WELL DONE, Seagull .

Comment

Cecilia talks about heavy sea, and I just found some pictures on the NRK Nordland webpages showing us just how heavy...

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.8039977
                                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                                X