Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

What can I say...., sitting here going nowhere...., other than; welcome home!!!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I agree! Welcome, and don't only repack for a colder climate, please also redress...

I don't understand that food shopping comment? Does it mean you have free admittance to his food storage and don't need urgently to shop for yourself... ?

Or (i am shocked), does it mean, you must not go and buy food for him, before he suffers severe damage to his health... ?
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Welcome back, Cecilia. Halfway down between Scotland and the south, it's pretty bleak here weatherwise, but nothing like it is "up there". Let's hope it improves as you get nearer the equator. (Well, a little bit nearer. .)
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Welcome back from Thailand, Seagull
          We'll just smear us with patience and wait for all the images that comes later when you have time to post them.
          Best wishes from
          Bengt Domben

Comment

Dear Lady C,

You certainly make it REALLY hard to keep a track of you, with your constant traveling...

Did you pack a Panda in your suitcase from Thailand....?
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              ....or (i am shocked), does it mean, you must not go and buy food for him....
              Errrr…perhaps you typed “not” when you meant “now” in that second possibility regarding food shopping, Ralf. In which case “shocked” would be the correct response (either shocked at an intelligent guy being so disinclined to do anything for himself, or shocked at a softie seagull’s continuing response through the years). But not so long ago I would have convinced myself I couldn’t possibly be away as much as I am at the moment…and he did go to the shops….

Option 1 of eating any remaining food came close to being necessary yesterday however, as the most severe of storms practically brought Scotland to a complete standstill…the Forth bridge closed, schools closed at lunchtime before the worst of the forecast winds struck, power cuts, much damage. Here is one of the BBC’s reports.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              ....Halfway down between Scotland and the south, it's pretty bleak here weatherwise, but nothing like it is "up there"....
              And it was much worse in the west of Scotland than here in Edinburgh, Ivy, and I hope Gailsail is ok.

Originally posted by Asimut View Post
              ....We'll just smear us with patience and wait for all the images that comes later when you have time to post them.
              Dear Asimut, and also Sterkoder who expressed similar sentiments earlier….It will be New Year, as I have another conference trip before Christmas!!!!!!….and right now in spare moments I am much more interested in catching up with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                ....You certainly make it REALLY hard to keep a track of you, with your constant traveling... ....
                Pakarang dear, it is going to get even HARDER for you to keep track of me when Gowalla finishes in January. Arrgghhh, that infuriating FB has enticed the Gowalla guys to go work for them.

I am SOOOOOOO going to miss Gowalla. It simply appealed to so many aspects of my personality…my FUN side, my childish “sticking pins on maps” side….my love travel side…my sense of place…and especially keeping up with my dearest of friends – even when short of time or not in the mood to chat on CVF or manage an FB witty one liner.

Oh and it looks so good on an iPad….perhaps you phone folk didn’t even realise just how stylish and smart…must grab a photo…ummm, I can see this is going to be my New Year rant/sob story later this month….sniff sniff…get a box of tissues ready...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  ....Did you pack a Panda in your suitcase from Thailand....?
                  Nope!….but I admit to prowling around Central World just in case any of Lookchin’s relatives had survived…sadly not the case. So as that made me a tiny bit sad, I decided to bring back a very small bear from the Peninsula Hotel…a trainee who was keen to gain experience abroad. He is rather shy and doesn’t speak much English…when he has settled in I will take a photo for Lookchin’s thread, and then I may need some help to choose a Thai name for him that suits his personality….

Comment

Oh Cecilia, you are doing some fine tuning to my English. I understood you that way, that D did shop and so you are not in the need to do it for him now. And yes i was shocked, that generally you still are doing that...

Well, our baby boomer generation became a little more autonomous...

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The Seagull is away…AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

…going to a palaeontology conference…nothing unusual in that…

…but the location is rather exotic for Seagull….the south of ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Now don't get lost! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                          The Seagull is away…AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

…going to a palaeontology conference…nothing unusual in that…

…but the location is rather exotic for Seagull….the south of ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Can't be more exotic than Thailand...??
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Arriving in Thailand for the second time just felt like home. I always have that nice familiar feel about arriving in Scandinavian destinations too. But England actually feels foreign now and Scotland less and less like home...

Well I had yesterday and some of this morning for being tourist here in Plymouth...daily photos taken!

Comment

Phew!!!! that's all the lectures and scientific papers concluded! Now a crowd of us just have to agree on some restaurant/bar to spend the rest of the evening if we can squeeze in amongst all the local party-going folk!!!!

Last night was the Palaeo associations traditional annual dinner, in the rather grand surroundings of the Guildhall...each table had a tethered multi-coloured dinosaur balloon ...I wonder how long 5 of them that were accidentally (?) released during the course of the evenings festivities and floated majestically to the VERY high ceiling are going to remain there???

Oh did I tell you that tomorrow's equally traditional event is The Field Trip Before Christmas!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well I’m back … I just need to face up to unpacking –especially cleaning the muddy boots from the field-trip-before-Christmas!... and going out to the shop to collect the turkey….

Comment

Working...
                                X