X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    Stupid question (?)...

If the weather is bad and you are with the ferry (?) in town, is it allowed to get out with you to Flakk???
    Not a stupid question at all...

For me it would be fine, but we are really not allowed to carry any passengers on this run, I'm sorry.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

So jealous.....wish I could be with all of you! Have FUN!!!!!!

Comment

...i was almost sure, that it is forbidden, Jan-Olav! But it costs nothing to ask. We will meet anyway...
        Thank you, E. We will keep you informed...
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

E, As you are a Gowalla friend of mine, you can follow the trip on my check-ins there!!!! Amazingly I am still getting in on Paddy even here in the far North!
          I haven't gone to the new version yet...as the old still works on iPad I didn't want to risk loosing it completely just before my travels. Hate how they don't have those fun pins anymore, but I am keeping track of my spot count!

Comment

Oh my, this is amazing! Here I am, eventually back after fog in Edinburgh delayed return flights, and I’ve not even got my photos onto the computer yet! But I just had to take a sneak peep at the latest instalments of an interesting looking cruise thread!....and got totally hooked….oh…it’s like I only just realised I was actually there too!!!!!!

Anyway, I probably ought to decide on daily 366 photos and at least try to catch up with that this week…I so nearly forgot to take one today! So keep up your with your terrific and totally engrossing reports and photos Ralf and Tommi ….you two are a brilliant double act …I shall simply stand back for now, and then have such fun coming back to re-live this great time we all had and fill in the photo story here and there…

Originally posted by Princess View Post
            baaaahahahahahahahaha!!!! esp with the hot tub scenes and all!! x
            …but I can definitely promise you more hot tub scenes once I eventually get started with my photos!

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            We agreed to post just as we have time and fun.... Seagull apparently seems to be the last on this report, first you should follow her at her "Seagull - away for a while" - thread.
            Yes indeed Ralf…I have a VERY busy time ahead, which explains why it is going to take me so long to catch up with everything. And not only our trip thread…I don’t want anyone to wonder why I’m not reacting to their posts and may seem a bit out of touch.

The reason is that I have had the opportunity to attend a very special geology/palaeontology conference in Thailand.

It was back in August when I shared this news with Jan-Olav, and told him of my plans to extend my stay in his other country…there are places dear to him, places he has inspired me to return to, places I just know I have to go to.
            But then the severity of the floods became apparent…

However the conference itself is not in Bangkok, and while I was in Norway last week it was confirmed that it will go ahead. By some sixth sense I had decided against train or road transport to reach my independent destinations, and booked flexible domestic flights within Thailand that happen to be served from the international rather than the flood-affected domestic airport. So now it is largely a matter of keeping in continual touch with the situation and having a plan B..C…and so on. I leave Edinburgh a week on Saturday.

No sooner due back than I shall be at an annual palaeontology meeting in the south of England, returning a mere couple of days before Christmas.

Comment

Hello birdie,

I wish you a very pleasant trip to Thailand. Have a great time and let's keep in touch when possible!

Comment

Awwwww Tommi, that's so sweet, and thanks for remembering and for your good wishes! I'm in Copenhagen at the airport hotel...yes I remembered the Hotel Room View thread but it is VERY grey and misty. I'll go into town tomorrow, and then my onward flight is late evening.

Comment

Me to want to say 'Have a safe journey and pleasant stay in Thailand! '

(Sometimes you travel so fast I can't keep up )

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread in here, a smalk parcel came safe and sound to my home yesterday. A big heartfelt thankyou!!!!!
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you Svein! yes I'm a bit hard to keep track of these days (nearly as much as our Captain!!!!!! )
                    Glad that parcel arrived safely...Santa or some Nisse has confiscated mine until December 25!!!!!!!

Comment

I would also like to wish you a wonderful trip to Thailand, Seagull
                      Best wishes from
                      Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you Bengt, you're so kind.
                        It really feels like all my CV family are here with me! So let me tell you all that I rounded off my breakfast this morning with a REAL Danish pastry!!!!!

Weather here today is actually foggy, not just a bit grey and misty like yesterday.

Comment

It's thick fog down here this morning as well, made me think of your 366 photo high up on a hill with just an indistinct darker grey shape ahead looming out of the mist!
                          Safe journey, Cecilia, succesful, enjoyable conference and - I don't really need to wish this because it will happen, anyway - happy travels in Thailand.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hi Ivy!... as the flight isn't until late tonight I'm in town...now in Tivoli!..great Christmas mood!!!!! There is a seat here where the wifi works perfectly. Oh I wish I could send you the sound because a young boys brass band has just turned up right in front of my seat and are starting to play the jolliest of tunes!

Comment

Enjoy all young boys in the TIVOLI, dear Seagull.

I wish you a very pleasent flight later on. And a successfull stay in the "Far East". (With, or without the sound of young boys in your ears.......).

Comment

Thank you Martin!
                                ...AND....I've been to the Titanic exhibition!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X