Seagull away a while . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seagull away a while . . .

I’m about to start posting in FAMILY MEETINGS and photos from the FAMILY ALBUM …
    And maybe in the Kristiansund-thread also...? I'm so eager to see your way of looking at this city
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

2 – 10 September 2011

I’m going to be away all next week. ….in Oslo of all places!….for this year’s meteorological satellite conference. I should be able to keep somewhat in touch with you all however (following the success of using my iPad in Norway earlier this summer!).

With detailed arrangements having been completely out of my hands, I was not able to plan ahead and suggest meeting up with any of you dear CV family members in the Oslo area…it’s not that I won’t get any free time…just that I don’t know when it will be!!!!! However, it has just become apparent that I should have free evenings on Tuesday 6th and Thursday 8th, so welcome to send me a PM should you happen to be around central Oslo then.

Comment

Re: 2 – 10 September 2011

Welcome back to Norway, the country is ready for you!

Hope all your travels and adventures will be just as good as usual, and please let me wish you safe travels as well!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Ha ha, I like the idea of Norway being ready for me!! Thank you for those good wishes Captain

As my Gowalla friends (aka Pakarang and ehp) may have seen, I arrived by a somewhat unusual route today. Norwegian have started a direct route EDI-OSL, but this is since the arrangements for this conference were made. So although I return via CPH, today I changed flights in Manchester! This is in the North of England, and folk's accents sound like mine!

Now arrived at the Thon Hotel Cecil.... I keep wanting to add the letters ia at the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
            Now arrived at the Thon Hotel Cecil.... I keep wanting to add the letters ia at the end!
            I have stayed there quite a few times as well... a very nice hotel and the staff is superb (or at least they were in the 90's).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              ....and the staff is superb (or at least they were in the 90's).
              ...and they are still helpful and friendly!

Comment

Well I’m back home folks….but you know that, because my intention this morning of just commenting on pakarang’s latest video (prior to getting my photos from the last week seen and sorted to extract suitable 366’s) somehow developed into enjoying and responding to “Today’s Posts”…and then the morning was somehow gone, and I haven’t even seen all today’s posts, let alone all last week’s!

Anyway…now I reluctantly have to drag myself away –go sort out lunch, and have a D de-briefing conference session…which will probably turn into watching the F1 race on TV!

So all for now, and my apologies to our Oslo CV Family members that my complicated schedule meant I wasn’t able to catch up with any of you last week.

Comment

Now in Tromsø!

Only just got round to checking in here in the Seagull away thread...not quite the same need that there used to be thanks to Paddy (pet name for my iPad) and some wifi access! Cheers for now from Tromsø!

Comment

Re: Now in Tromsø!

Greetings back from Stuttgart!! We have to wait until Monday morning to start our journey. Have fun!
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Re: Now in Tromsø!

Nice to hear from you, how's weather in Tromsø?

Comment

Tommi! the weather here in Tromsø is exactly the same as Edinburgh!!!!
                        It is cloudy, no colder than at home...now this afternoon there are some rain showers but not "waterproof trouser" level!

I am actually finding this bizarre as not many days later than this time last year when I was rushing around Norway to catch Korsfjord's arrival, there was quite deep snow in Molde!!!!...and even Sterkoder was feeling the cold!!!!

Comment

!!!!...and even Sterkoder was feeling the cold!!!!
                          Yes, remember!!!
                          The freezing is delt with in the way that I've purchased two new jackets of GOOD SIZE mind you...., and as well as I remember last winter, I hope there will be many, many years until I see the same again.
                          I mean, winter and snow from 20. October 2010 until end of April 2011...., that's way, way more than my winter-hating head could take.

Well, take care all...., and I'll see you next Saturday
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

..and let's see, which weather we then will have..

Such a pity, that you are not able to travel with us a short way, but we will anyway have a great time in Kristiansund.
                            Will you prepare the cannons?

I am looking so forward to meet you finally!

Comment

... as all of you may be aware of, I will also be away for about the next 8 days starting tomorrow morning, as I will be on day watch at Tidefjell and Korsfjord again.

Access to CVF is there very limited, but as Facebook is fully available, I will occasionally be there.

I will try to drop by the next 8 days as much as possible off course, but knowing how hard the day watch is, it might prove difficult.

PS: Welcome on board to those that is coming to visit me on Saturday 5. november..... We will do the first trip that day, departing at 08:30 sharp... we might have spent the whole night at Flakk if weather is fine, or in town if weather is bad. But, we will be at Flakk from 0820 anyhow. Welcome on board.

Comment

Stupid question (?)...

If the weather is bad and you are with the ferry (?) in town, is it allowed to get out with you to Flakk???

Comment

Working...
                                X