No announcement yet.

Harald Jarl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww, sigh, you guys are the best friends one could ever wish for!!!
    'Sigve': yes, my nickname on the other forum is Andøya. But, eh, I always wanted to be named Harald, and cyberspace made it possible!
    Later I'll post in the Aviation forum and have lotsa fun with 'Sterkoder'. There's also a coupla other pilots in here, who may chip in.
    My pics are stored on 3 PC's and 2 external HDD's, may take all winter to sort them and choose a trustworthy webspace to store them.
    Now I'll have to scour this forum to retrieve the threads where I earlier made a mental note to post whenever my faculties would return...
    Again, thanks ever so much dear Jan-Olav, for providing such a perfect place for so many nice people to get together!

Comment

All I can say, WELCOME HOME Harald Jarl, Welcome Home!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

TESTING-TESTING: After yet another software change Mark notified me by mail that the forum had lost me... Quite ironic, as I do feel lost in more ways than this one, and presently appear as GUEST. So we'll have to work on restoring my true Identity.
        Have read the forum the last two years (jeez, how fast time goes by), but have had no energy to post, thus no regrets as to nickname et al. Also been mourning Nordstjernen's absence.
        Just need to mention that I will TRY to meet those of you sailing on MS Lofoten in March - that is IF by luck my health permits going to Risøyhamn or Sortland.
        No promises, we'll just see what happens... Reverting.

Comment

We haven't ever exchanged comments or posts but I know your username well, and can give a big welcome back, Harald Jarl. Take care and post again soon.
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

BIG WELCOME BACK H-J
            Seeing your post started my day bright this morning.

Depending on just how much reading you've been doing here you may know I wasn't able to plan much ahead last year, so I couldn't commit to celebrating Lofoten's birthday on the voyage. I was still wavering about a dashing-between-ports Lofoten-spotting trip until just a week or so ago, but have been tempted by more distant travel opportunities. (Oh, and the voyage booking I was eventually able to make for next October/November on you-know-which ship is not in Norwegian waters!)

But you are able to meet up with Lofoten, look out for some friends of CVF from the Hurtigforum who will be onboard.

Comment

A very warm welcome back! Great to hear from you again. Please take your time, there's no reason to be hurrying around here!

Comment

Welcome back HARALD JARL
                Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Welcome back seems to be the wrong term for a member, which is always reading. But it is nice to see your identity is recovered. Do you still own the wonderful Mustang? I often remember our terriffic meeting! I cross my fingers, that your motivation will be high enough to post from time to time.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

TESTING-TESTING... Wow, after being lost (in cyberspace) AGAIN - recently scrolled through old emails and found that some years ago merciful moderator Mark had tried to get me back on track: He checked my identity, found it to be still working and emailed new password, but alas my then foggy brain was unable to figure things out when postings behaved a bit wobbly. Have been reading CV-forum all the time, but found it hard to post because cognitive faculties were quite useless. Well, that's life for ya,
                    Must say this forum is the friendliest ever! Few but wonderful members, hehe I say "quality is better than quantity". Only one aviation forum used to be this nice, but its webmaster disappeared and.the replacement forum was not the same (Sterkoder, gosh what fun we had at the old Airpics!!!).Bless our Captain AGAIN for providing this meetingplace.
                    Now I must work on finding an avatar... A big hug to all of you!

Comment

• Seagull
                      Seagull commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just after I had posted a reply on Lofoten’s thread, which had me thinking of you and our walk around the “propeller suite” area of NX, up you pop here!
                      Hi and hugs HJ!

• HARALD JARL
                      HARALD JARL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ralf - my "horse" will definitely live here the rest of his life! He got a new "stable" this summer and is very proud, although he complains a bit because he wants to run more often.
                      Seagull - next time you have a trip on LO, I do hope to join you part of the trip, like Bodø-Tromsø. Re the last trip on NX - when we turned towards Stokmarknes, I suddenly realized that this was my last time onboard "the way it used to be", and frantically rushed aimlessly around trying to store as much as possible in my head Didn't give you a proper goodbye, but alas that's what happens when sheer panic sets in. Then I went into mourning and was unable to read about NX for a long time. Sooo relieved when she was protected, and after she was restored to original glory I've been blissfully happy,

• Tommi
                      Tommi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great to hear that you are around again. I hope that you are enjoying the fantastic surroundings of Andøya, that's indeed a very special part of the world.

Always happy to hear from you and you must always remember that you are always welcome to visit!

Love your new avatar as well - very fitting!
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                    X