X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harald Jarl

I read in several posts that you are moving back to the North, Harald Jarl. In our old forum you told us you wanted to get a new job there. I seems, this worked out well. Do you want to tell us something about the new job and you new living place?
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    I read in several posts that you are moving back to the North, Harald Jarl. In our old forum you told us you wanted to get a new job there. I seems, this worked out well. Do you want to tell us something about the new job and you new living place?
    Yes... please share with us....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

The OT-guy from Kristiansund also read that you would be moving up north.
      I decided to give you all the time you needed and tell us all whenever you were ready.

But since two members allready asked, I'm very curious too....
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...&postcount=104
        In the Nordstjernen-thread a week ago I told you that my move north would be early June, actually departure will be 31 May.

The job up north Ralf is thinking of was in September last year: My hopes were high as I was properly qualified, but alas didn’t get it. Much easier to land a job when you're present, most non-skilled jobs go via the jungle-telegraph in small places. This winter my energy has not been up to par, therefore low activity on forums. Expect this will improve after a while up north. Rest assured that when/if something good comes my way, you’ll hear about it!!!

Really looking forward to being near a Hurtigrute-port, because when the weather forecast is right and an oldship is northbound, I can board in Risøyhamn on the spur of the moment! Doing that when living in Oslo meant buying full-price airline tickets… To obtain low-price airfare one must book more than a month in advance, and too often the weather was not to my liking at the time of the trip (not enough wind and rough seas). The only time I want clear skies is in summer, gotta have midnight sun on the Finnmark coast.

The house at Andenes was my home from I was four years old, and we (got two younger brothers) have maintained it for vacation use summer & winter since parents passed away 17 & 24 years ago. Jeez it’s gonna be sooooo nice to live alone!!! No more big-city noise and lotsa people wherever you turn! Fresh sea air, and the blessed sound of silence enhanced by seagulls bawling in my own accent! Beaches within short walking distance – ahhh!

I’m ready to go and counting the days…
        Last edited by HARALD JARL; May 13th, 2009, 16:33.

Comment

...so you are the next one looking for a new job ?
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Where's 'Harald Jarl'....??? Long time no see.

Comment

I'm up north, alive but not kicking. Trying to recuperate from big-city stress.

Summer here is so busy, lotsa tourists and emigrated locals visiting, and in July the house fills up with vacationing family members. Then one must harvest the cloudberries and blueberries when ripe because there's one year till next chance and they are sooo good!

'Sterkoder' - have actually been thinking of calling you, but eh... My main PC down south, but my daughter left her old small one and I got broadband installed so can read forums. Mail adresses noted somewhere, possessions still in boxes. Can't get logged on Airpics Forum to post (it thinks I'm a hacker) so alas no reply to recent seaplane threads.

Looking forward to autumn and winter so I can get properly unpacked and my life up and going again. Need to go south in late September to ship more stuff, and arrange things that civilised life mercilessly demands whether you're able or not...

Enjoying the north immensely, good to be back home! (Oslo is like living in an anthill.) The light is wonderful here during all seasons. This summer we had many periods of warm weather, one lasting two weeks+, and it still is fine (= no rain) so I'm very content.

Have many old-hurtigrute projects that will be carried through when I get settled and the energy level rises. Like visiting local old guys who worked on or with them and have pictures and stories.

Will of course keep my friends here posted when there's something to tell.

Comment

Kicking or not...., nice to see your "name" again. Take your time and come back whenever you're ready!

Comment

So happy to hear from you again - it's been so long, far too long.

Please do take your time, I know how frustrating relocating can be.
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi guys!
                    I've read the forum regularly, but have not had the energy to post.
                    Promise to do my best to participate from now on.
                    Yours truly, HJ

Comment

Welcome back HARALD JARL
                      Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

I'm so happy you're back, HJ!!
                        Thank you for your e-mail the other day. Tonight I'm a bit preoccupied with other things than being on a forum (yes, it's possible), but I'll tune in later, when our visitors have left.

Comment

Nice to have you back on the forum again, HJ
                          Best wishes from
                          Bengt Domben

Comment

Is Harald Jarl identical with "Andøya" from our neighbour forum? He was a great friend of the old, traditional ships, but he has been silent for a long time. Perhaps he has surfaced on our friendly forum? In that case: Very good!
                            Regards; Sigve.
                            ---
                            IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Very good to hear from you H-J.

Comment

Working...
                              X