Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input, everybody!

Highly appreciated.

You have all made some really great points to consider.

I was away from Facebook for a very long time - and I'm struggling to find my way back there. As mentioned, it has advantages but also a lot of drawbacks.

I also agree with nari.... the online debating and bickering is ..... ehhh... a total waste of time spent most of the time.

From what I remember before, it was relatively "easy" to browse the feed, but now I find it really time-consuming.... and from what I understand, algorithm set up lets you only see posts of people you interact with. A lot of posts are therefore "hidden" from normal feed.

I'll think about this for a couple of days. At the moment, I like CVF... because I strongly feel we have a good family-connection here, no bickering and I feel comfortable and happy to have you all here.

Over the many years, my life would have been so empty if I didn't have CVF.... and we've been online for sooooo many years!

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi all - I don't know the background behind this, but Bengt (Azimut) has decided to leave us. Jan Olav asked me to carry out Bengt's requests to remove his posts from the system. I don't believe that the system has let me do that, although Azimut no longer appears by name, I think his posts probably still exist as 'Guest'. I certainly think that threads that Bengt created - This is Tromsø being the main one - will have also automatically been removed.

I'm afraid I don't have time to try to fix this at the moment (like J-O I also have more than one job), and don't really want to do anything further with the system knowing what it's done in the past to destroy data etc.

If anyone else has the background knowledge to take on the management of the software of the system that may be more appropriate, I think I've run out of 'go'.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a pity. I wonder why he had to remove all his pictures and posts? They are totally gone, with the post count adjusted as if they never existed.
        But at least there isn't all the post with a "No longer available" sign and text telling you what should have been there.
        If you look in Bengt, know that you are missed.

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        though it's his wish to remove al his posts, ithink it's better not to do that.
        for the simple reason that conversasions which he was included ,his replies are gone and the conversations about vessels or whatsever went to nothing.

member 1 says blablabla
        member 2 says reacts on that
        Bengt replies with vessel name became …...and went to ..
        member 1 says is that so?
        member 2 says i never you that.

when you remove bengt his reply it become;
        member 1 says blablabla
        member 2 says reacts on that
        member 1 says is that so?
        member 2 says i never you that.

other members or guest think ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????
        the conversion issnt a conversation anymore.

my option is to let him stand as guest ,everything still stands for reactions,it still be a readable theread.
        and nobody knows who placed those posts.

the tromso thread wil stay,but started by guest

i believe the same thing happend when Lady E left us,the threads are still there,but started by guest

It's indeed quite sad to see our dear family member leaving, but I also need to respect his wishes.

He has been an incredible asset to all of us, and his beautiful images from the north has been a blessing and will be deeply missed for a very long time.

With this, if he ever pops by us, and I have said it personally before: Thank you very much for your contributions, time, engagement, brilliant photographs and all those moments of pleasure! Thank you.

Needless to say, if you ever come to my part of Norway: you are more than welcome, and I'd love to offer you a delightful Asian lunch/dinner!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
        I'm afraid I don't have time to try to fix this at the moment (like J-O I also have more than one job), and don't really want to do anything further with the system knowing what it's done in the past to destroy data etc.

If anyone else has the background knowledge to take on the management of the software of the system that may be more appropriate, I think I've run out of 'go'.
        Mark, you have done wonders with all the work invoved in the upgrade and sorting out the problems both before and after. We all owe you a great debt of gratitude. To me you were definitely Mr. Fixit and I'm sure the other members agree. You being there wiped out the frustration members felt went things went wrong because we knew it wouldn't be long before everything was once more OK.
        Let's hope another of our members will take the load off your shoulders and carry on with the good work.
        It's needed.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
        X