No announcement yet.

"This is your Captain speaking..... "

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAOW... thank you very much both Seagull and Sterkoder, without you two, this thread would have been as dead as a cod at the end of slaughter.

I'm back - as you all may understand. I returned to Norway mid-December and headed straight to work on the ferry. On January 1st in the evening, my shift had been completed.

It's been really stressful this past three weeks after returning home - two jobs and working day-an-night. In addition, some other things had to be taken care of as well.

Life is not supposed to be easy for anyone: that would make us lazy. We need up's and down's in life to find the perfect balance and to be able to fight for what we believe and for what we need and want.

Thank you all for the greetings!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This will be my 49.900th post on CaptainsVoyage Forum, fast closing up on 50.000 posts....

How far should I go - how many should I make.... what will the future hold for all of us?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm always one who tends to notice these 'sgnificant' number moments, sometimes pointing them out and congratulating the poster. But, rather like birthdays, it really is only 'just a number'.

A future course is steered from the present moment - as in your wise words in your Captain's Greetings for the New Year, “this is the first day in the rest of your life”.

Comment

Good morning Captain ... last night's19948 here ...hoping you had a better night with some much-needed sleep.
          Just a thought... do you normally have a tendency to sleep on one particular side? I remember how my dad could hardly move once just from sleeping awkwardly on his arm. I presume you hadn't been doing anything extreme earlier, like overdoing things at the gym or some repetitve thing that you could attribute it to? But if no obvious explanation I think you must try the doctors again and soon - you need those "good answers" before your next work shift.
          Last edited by Seagull; January 19th, 2018, 11:28.

Comment

Thank you so much for visiting this thread and for visiting my bLOG too.

No, I haven't really done anything out of the ordinary the last two-three weeks, other than starting on a very strict diet. Went to doctor again yesterday, tried doing an EKG but their equipment failed to work. The pain is very much still there, with no sign of subsiding. Apparently, the doctor thinks it's an inflammation of the muscles and if so, it can apparently last for a short or long time. I hope it's going to pass soon because it affects my day, my sleep and my work (had an extra shift today).

Thankfully, Paracet takes care of the pain for a short moment.

Let's hope and pray it's soon over!

Comment

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              I dearly pray so. I am hoping too that the doctor will follow up on what's happening. Without the direct cause of an obvious injury, it seems so strange to me that you should get inflammation. That can happen when the immune system over-reacts and attacks the body, but surely not in your case with your weak immune system a legacy from the dengue fever? Make sure that the doctor is thinking, (and prescribing even 'familiar-everyday' painkillers), in full awareness of your medications and previous history.

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds like a bit too unconfortable situation to remain in. I hope that it soon will get better.

Blog comment to:
            bLOG update Jan-20 "Crystal Endeavor"

I think this was an essential development for Crystal Cruises. It seems like company after company, especially at the upper end of the cruise market, have or are building ships specifically for Expedition Cruising.

Comment

Working...
            X