Where is our Captain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is our Captain?

I haven't seen our Captain in this forum for a long time.
    I thought: What's happened? Is he sick? Is he abroad, travelling? Is he doing his Serenissima voyage?
    The last I saw from him was a post in the Serenissima thread January 26.
    I hope the Captain will be able to return and share his time with us.
    And then I look forward to the report from his Serenissima maiden voyage!
    Last edited by Sigve; March 11th, 2013, 08:21.
    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Re: Where is our Captain?

Just for everyone's information, our captain is definetely alive, currently on a working week. Please be patient, and he'll surely login when he's got the time.

Comment

Dear Sigve,

Thank you very much for your kind post, your thoughts are very well appreciated. As mentioned many a place, I have been very absent (from logging in) lately, and for that I have received some pretty unfriendly Inbox-messages /PM's (which didn't make me want to rush back any more). I don't know how people think they can demand me to be present like I have for years, nor do I understand what puts them in a position to send me such unfriendly message. I thought we were a friendly club. (?)

Anyhow. I've decided to just look beyond those messages and rather concentrating on making this year the best year (for me - and those around me).

..pfffftttt.....

Life certainly has it's own way of interfering in plans, and for that, I have a lot to catch up (not ketchup).

At the end of December last year, I decided to get out of my usual winter-depression and try making 2013 the best year in a long time. I joined the gym and have been working out hard, loosing more than 7-8 kg of useless "blubber"... I have taken an extensive language course in Hindi, and have just graduated with honors. Whether I now confidently can make a conversation in Hindi or not... ... I have no idea, but I have at least a very good grasp on some of the basics.

I have done a lot of extra watches on the fjord, and I have also been busy planning for the trip to Mediterranean which I will start on in just a little more than a week. Following the cruise on board the Serenissima, more news might very well also follow. Quite exiting news actually. Whatever they'll be, I will not say anything about right now, as nothing is written in stone yet.

2013 will also bring me to another place - back home. There has been a tremendous amount of planning the past few months: for my return to my beloved Kingdom of Thailand. So much will happen during those days I will be there, and some might as well be pretty shocking and life-changing things. I will also return to monkshood for a specified length of time, and by that, I have to do my pledge again. If everything now goes as planned I will be in the jungle away from all technology at the beginning of the trip, as a monk.

I have sold my Volvo, done a lot of financial planning, and have also given myself time to do things as I wanted to have them done.

I have also spent about a weeks worth going through some 3000 new sign-ups... of which 99% are considered spammers. 1 minute check per new sign up = 3000 minutes.... anyone interested in taking over the helm??

What the future will bring, nobody knows, but this is already one sure thing: 2013 will be a year of tremendous changes in my life. Hopefully, those will be changes for the better for myself and those around me that continues to share their love.

Bless all those of you that have sent supporting messages and that have been very patient the past months: inner peace and tranquility to you!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

What a great post!
        I wish you all the best for 2013 and the future thereon (is that an english word?).
        (Been sitting here for 5 minutes figuring out what to write next, but I belive I'll leave it here as I have also sent you a message via another medium earlier).
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great to hear from you Jan Olav. Glad you have some exciting plans for the next year or so.

I'm happy to volunteer to help with some of the site admin if that helps - I can totally understand why you would find working your way through the Spammers extremely annoying. I think that a couple of the others offered similarly last year? Perhaps a few of us could share some of the load?

Whether you get time to comment on posts or not, this will always be your site - the friendly and supportive tone of the majority of posts and posters is down to you and the way you've steered the site over time. Thank you for that - it is so much appreciated.

Hopefully we'll all see some more sun and light in the next few weeks that will make everything seem better for all of us that tend to find the dark months more difficult.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Dear PoloUk and Sterkoder,

Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement.

I will make a couple of sign-in's with "super-moderator" credentials.... hopefully, we can tackle the spammer problem together. There is quite a high number each day trying to gain access, and I have put a lot of effort in finding them and deleting them.

Thank you once again both of you.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

2013 will be very exiting year according to this article:

Comment

Mon Capitan, you are and always will be our Captain! Fact!!
                Pay no attention to anyone with unfriendly comments, those who act in unkind ways are not worth the time or effort to reply to.
                I can't say too much about being absent, I have been away for long periods due to circumstances. But I will always drop in when I can, that's just life as it is methinks.
                I've been here some years now, and I see CVF as my family that's always here as a constant. I love that about CV, and I am eternally grateful for you Jan-Olav for giving us the fantastic family we have here!
                Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Thank You, Captain!
                  That was an answer with many built in surprises!
                  All I can say is; I wish You good luck!
                  (And I am still looking forward to Your Serenissima maiden voyage report...!)
                  Regards; Sigve.
                  ---
                  IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

My support, caring love, and understanding …always to you Jan-Olav.

It cannot have been easy for you to begin writing your post, but I see you looking beyond the negative and it becomes a joy to read –and an affirmation of our “deal” for making 2013 the best year in the ways that truly matter.

Comment

Dear SaintsFCFan, Sigve and Lady C,

Thank you very much for your continuous kind support.

With all that has happened the last, lets say 6 months, I have come to the realization that I need to do anything - and everything possible - I can, to have a happy life in the years to come. We all need a realization check occasionally, and when we are clear in our path ahead, we will be a lot more successful in what we are doing. Life is an amazing thing, never take it for granted. Those that work hard, will eventually be rewarded.

All the best for 2013 to all of you as well.

Go. Make it happen!

Comment

I want to post frigate SHTANDARTs motto after reading the last posts:

"Life is what you make it!"
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Dear Captain
                          First I would tell you I am amazed you receive unfriendly posts. This forum is your creation and it lives chiefly by your work. Since about one year I have a great pleasure to navigate on these pages where I met nice people and learned a lot in various subjects. No way for that without your implication. So I’d say those negative PM come from tactless persons. At least!
                          Secondly, congratulations for your 7-8 kg lost in the air. It’s great to feel as light as a feather…
                          More seriously, I agree with you when you say that life is a strange thing, sometimes as simple as an evidence, sometimes a sum of questions to which it is necessary to give a sense. In that last case solutions come from what you are, deeply. Anyway even when everything goes well, wonder about oneself is a good means to stay alive.
                          Have a great year 2013,Captain.

Comment

welcome back J-O,a lot of plans for this year,a busy year.
                            but not much replies from you this year then,from out the jungle.
                            about the unfriendly posts,throught those sender overboard,with concrete shoes.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Hi, Jan-Olav, so good to read some news. The web is an open place and we always have to face unfriedliness in here like in the real world. This forum is mostly a clean and friendly area and we all have to work hard to keep it this way. So don't accept unfriendly P.M.'s, share them so that we all are able to assist you to keep a respectful climate in here. If you could enable the Task Force to identify and ban spammers, we all will help you.
                              I am very impressed about your plans, even if some of them are quite dangerous for your health. I will keep my fingers crossed and wish you all the best, that these plans will be successful.
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                              X