Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MS Nordstjernen - The last voyage, Svalbard to Bergen Aug 2012 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Nordstjernen - The last voyage, Svalbard to Bergen Aug 2012

Finally, just six months late(!), I am going to post an account of our voyage from Longyearbyen to Bergen last August. You will have seen Seagull's account of this trip so I will try and find different photos where possible. I just have too many to chose from! It begins with the evening flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen and then general shots around the town the next day before the last sailing from Longyearbyen in the early evening.

Re: MS Nordstjernen - The last voyage, Svalbard to Bergen Aug 2012

Around and about in Longyearbyen...

Adventdalen

Comment

Boarding MS Nordstjernen

The last farewell

To be continued

Comment

Linray, what a wonderful surprise. I know we will enjoy the voyage also "with your eyes". And look at these well known people in blue jackets at the gangway!
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Hooray!!! I don't have to send a message about Where's that Trip Report after all! ...actually I was still trying to decide whether a Stern Seagull or Begging Bird approach was more likely to succeed!!!!

Love that cloud/sun/stones combination you caught in #2/1 especially

Comment

Thanks Seagull! I was feeling guilty but just hadn't had the time to do it. It's going to be a long, slow process, could take another six months to complete!!

Comment

Barentsburg

Arrival at the quayside

The Russian Church

Will we see the real thing?!!

Comment

The Culture Show of music and dancing beautifully performed by the local young people.

Comment

The next morning we arrived in a rather grey Magdalenefjord and prepared for going ashore in the Polar Cirkel boats. Strictly in groups and with our Guide we explored the shoreline and the sites connected to the times when whaling took place here.

Last edited by Linray; February 22nd, 2013, 18:37.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Olav Jan on 'Karin' who I think you have all met before!

Safely back on board...

....and preparing to sail away.

..to be continued
                        Last edited by Linray; February 22nd, 2013, 18:40.

Comment

I’m loving this. As was said many times when a number of us were posting photos of the Nordnorge trip, it is so fascinating to “re-experience" such a trip again through another’s view. Glad you included the Culture Show in Barentsburg ( I’d lingered for a convivial evening with a “talkative table” in the bar, and “cabin-mate” retired early) –aren’t the identical hairstyles cute!

That grey weather at Magdalenefjord was for sure a blessing, to have produced images like these. You caught the perfect mist on mountain moment looking across the shore in #10/1, and that impressive vertical view of mountain and reflection in 10/4.

#11/2 shows the location and context from another angle of the rock I photographed and recently included here ….perhaps I’m one of those distant blue blobs – it feels really special to see that.

...and most important of all:
                          Hi again Olav Jan!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing - the Magdalenfjord photos are stunning.. What a mood!

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing Linray. I love also the pictures from Magdanlenafjord (particularly those in #11) and it's very exciting to see another account from this very special trip.
                              Looking forward to what's next!
                              MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                              Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                              My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Working...
                              X