Ralf on Lofoten 2007, recovered from the old forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ralf on Lofoten 2007, recovered from the old forum

So nice to see a personal variety of pictures from you Ralf. Many of the places are very recognizable, but hence photographed in a personal style.

Comment

Thank you, Tommi. I am trying to post as much as possible unusal sights, as we have seen the common ones so often.

Tuesday, 02.04.2007

It was awfully raining during the whole next day, no not much to see along the Helgeland coast. Bronnoysund.

This evening was farewell dinner. A strange scenery on a working ship. And a sad moment, because you realise, that the dream is over soon.

Later in Roervik we visited the northbound Vesteralen, so we also knew then the layout of a mid-generation ship.
      Last edited by Ralf__; February 19th, 2013, 15:56.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

After heavy seas between Stamsund and Bodoe, the complete content of the cafeteria was spread over the floor, and a funny night - sleeping in an elevator - we had also a stormy Folla - passage. This is just a row of pictures.

Comment

Friday, 03.04.2007

Our journey on MS Lofoten ended in Trondheim and we took the train to Oslo.

And there we had a nice view in the harbour and we came to the opinion, that the Norwegian Royals really have a good taste. A ship with a similar size and shape as "our" Lofoten!

Later that evening we enjoyed a king-size bed and a hot bath-tube after 10 nights in the small bunks and the tiny shower cabin of Lofoten.

Comment

Saturday, 04.04.2007

It was her first year in service and for us the biggest contrast you can imagine. The brand new "Color Fantasy" was waiting to take us back to Kiel.

And look who was waiting for us aboard...

Slightly different style up at deck 15 (!):

Comment

Compared to MS Lofoten, the sight was like out of a helicopter. Crossing the Oslo Fjord.

In Oslo, we catched back the wonderful weather. SunSET in Kattegat at starboard.

And later a full moon followed at portside.

(end of report)

I hope you enjoyed that little flashback with me to two of the most enjoyable weeks of my life!

Over to Sarnia's report!

Comment

I have certainly loved every minute, Ralf. Somehow you have managed to capture lesser known views and with them your experiences and feelings about the whole trip. One thing - the series at #33 were all taken from INSIDE. Shame on you.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I can smell the fish in Svolvær, and get a great “at sea” feeling in #26/3, and in a different way in the night shots #33. Also standing on the bridge wing in #28/2, and not forgetting that fine portrait of “the timekeeper”! (nice one Regine )

It’s been a much appreciated and nostalgic journey Ralf. You can see in 35/2 how much I enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    One thing - the series at #33 were all taken from INSIDE. Shame on you.
                    Heyheyhey!!

These series was shot at deck A. You can see on the plan the exact place. I can still feel the wind and water and how i pressed myself in a corner to get a stabile stand. I can assure you that this was outside. We weren't allowed to do that -go outside - while crossing Folla, by the way... That's the reason why i choosed this hidden place.

Comment

thanks for the rerun of your thread Ralf,must be hard to go from the cosy ''lofoten'' to a onpersonal ''color fantasy''
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                        Heyheyhey!!

These series was shot at deck A. You can see on the plan the exact place. I can still feel the wind and water and how i pressed myself in a corner to get a stabile stand. I can assure you that this was outside. We weren't allowed to do that -go outside - while crossing Folla, by the way... That's the reason why i choosed this hidden place.
                        You don't respect speed limit when driving skidoo, you go outside when it's not allowed....Ralf you are a public menace!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          Heyheyhey!!

Ok, Ok, I give in. I thought you were behind glass. Though, come to think of it, there are no water splashes on your lens. Mmm...mm...mmmmmm!
                          Ivy

Comment

Great trip report Ralf! I'm so glad you have reposted it here. A really enjoyable read as I am just back from my own trip.
                            I'm trying to sort out my pictures as fast as I can but I should have taken some vacation to recover from the vacation!

I really enjoyed your "forbidden storm" pictures (among many others).
                            MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                            Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                            My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              Though, come to think of it, there are no water splashes on your lens. Mmm...mm...mmmmmm!
                              Oh - this lens was so terrible dirty, i get really angry, when i see the pictures today. And you know that we all love forbidden areas. Remember our walk on the bow of "Rotterdam"?? You are exactly the same kind, lady!

Comment

Oh, I remember it well, Ralf. And I remember the dirty look the young lad gave me as I came up the steps and he closed the gate (with its clear red stripe barring entrance) behind me. But I was blowed if I was going to come up before getting the picture I wanted! In for a penny, in for a pound, we say.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X