X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralf on Lofoten 2007, recovered from the old forum

The old forum disappeared, PanjiS finished the report and Sarnia is leaving tomorrow to her tour with Lofoten.

So we have to wait some time to have a new report from "our" ship. Therefore i decided to shorten the time and post a remake of my 2007 trip report in this, the new forum.

We did the ship and train tour Kiel-Oslo-Bergenbanen-Bergen-Kirkenes-Trondheim-Dovrebanen-Oslo-Kiel

All started in Kiel, aboard "Kronprins Harald" in her last season on the Oslo-Kiel-route. Today she is "Oscar Wilde" and serves for Irish Ferries the routes Rosslare (Ireland) – Roscoff/Cherbourg (France)

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Re: Ralf on Lofoten 2007, recovered from the old forum

Leaving Kiel.

Passing the Storebæltsbroen in rainy weather, blurry pictures, but anyhow impressive.

Me and the bridge...

Comment

Entering the Oslofjord the next morning.

First Norwegian sunrise.

Back in winter on Hardangervidda end of March.

The fun begins: MS Lofoten about to leave Bergen 23.03.2007 18.56

(to be continued)
      Last edited by Ralf__; February 19th, 2013, 15:40.

Comment

Nice idea, Ralf to revive the old forum.I am waiting for the next stage.

Comment

Ah yes, #2/3 – the hat!
          …and what a great photo in Bergen and the blue chairs foreground

Delighted that you’ve resurrected these Ralf.

Comment

Great initiative, I actually never saw the original post. Looking forward to see the rest of the trip.

Comment

...thank you all for these encouraging words.

Saturday 24.03.2007

Actually not the first picture of the day, but the first in showable quality (it was the first voyage of my life, where i actually took pictures by myself). Torvik with the crane for drying the nets. This tour was still on winter schedule and so i missed Floroe and Maloy. Not seeing Maloy was a beginner mistake. Now i never would miss a port at 7.30!!

Fair weather and a nice rolling of the ship on the way to Alesund.

Approaching Alesund.

Last edited by Ralf__; February 19th, 2013, 15:42.

Comment

Of course we went up the stairs and i can not resist to post this picture, although seen a thousand times.

Another "seen-a-thousand-times-before" picture, but that's what a Lofoten trip is about, isn't it?

And a blurry one, but in my opinion moodful and a tiny little puzzle: near Molde, Polarlys in my opinion?

(to be continued)
                Last edited by Ralf__; February 19th, 2013, 15:42.

Comment

Definitely Polarlys, the white frame around the funnel, the placement of satellite antennas and the aft are the most obvious leads.

Comment

How nice! MS Lofoten stories go non-stop on cvf!

Comment

Sunday 25.03.2007

The morning in Trondheim started with the visit of a (now) old friend, while the rest of the family went on a bus tour (i saved this money for the Kirkenes excursion - later).

I liked very much the nostalgic refurbishment. Much more an oldtimer and cruiser as the working ship Lofoten. But i missed immedeately the bridge deck, the place i have been most of the time on Lofoten up to now.

After that visit i strolled through the town. All these pictures have been showed so often, so i will show something different:

The castle is not shown so often from downtown, as well as the railroad bridge (i am still waiting for a feature report by Pakarang!)

Last edited by Ralf__; February 14th, 2013, 16:32.

Comment

Underway on the long strech to Roervik, in wonderful weather on calm seas. Hours and hours on the bridge deck and the bridge wings. Hurtigruten as it's best.

We had this recently and i found also a picture by myself. The bulleye of cabin A-200!

Later we had the first real contact with a "new" ship. We visited Richard With in Roervik. It was like stepping in a wrong movie! Two musicians were entertaining an empty bar, everything was so big and not "hyggelig". After a walk through this swimming highrise block we returned on "our" ship just as an old lady (visitor from Richard With) was claiming to her companions: "i never could imagine travelling on such a nutshell. It is looking like in a youth hostel here". We thought "Yes and we are the youth!" and had the feeling that each was travelling on the right ship. All pictures are blurry, so nothing to show here from this "excursion"..

(to be continued)
                        Last edited by Ralf__; February 14th, 2013, 16:34.

Comment

Monday, 26.03.2007

The next morning we got up early not to miss the crossing of the polar circle. We passed it shortly before 6 a.m.:

Half an hour later the sun was coming up and started another day with beautiful weather! We saw eagles, puffins, guillemots and lots of small whales (common porpoises). The scenery around Oernes drove tears in my eyes. It was undescribable to glide with MS Lofoten smoothly through this landscape in the morning sun.

Approaching Bodoe:

Last edited by Ralf__; February 14th, 2013, 16:33.

Comment

I don't like Bodoe at all (sorry, Martin!). I can't explain it really but i did not find any nice place up to now. Maybe to me it is looking kind of too industrial with many roads, the noise from the airport nearby, i don't know... So i made not much pictures of the town. But Lofoten in the sunlight at the harbour was a motif!!

Always a pleasure to watch the crane at work.

And after the stop MS Lofoten on her way to the Lofot Islands!! The narrow turn out of the harbour.

Because of my reduced competence to shoot pictures at lower light conditions much of the pictures of the rest of the day are quite blurry. There were a few better, when we returned southbound.

(to be continued)

Comment

Tuesday, 27.03.2007

Slowly i came into the Hurtigruten rhythm. After having been outside until we left Stokmarknes late at night, i got up early again to see the crossing with Kong Harald near Harstad. Far away in the morning dust she appeared.

Another day with nice and fair weather. This was all the same since Bergen!

Heading to Finnsnes. We enjoyed again a beautiful morning outside.

Last edited by Ralf__; February 14th, 2013, 16:34.

Comment

Working...
                              X