• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panji voyage on board ms lofoten January 2013

And finally

Approaching Brønnøysund

Perfect to end the day and the voyage
    (tomorrow is disembarking in Trondheim with train to Oslo)

Comment

Even just following the journey here in this thread, I’m getting that “feels strange to have so much daylight” feeling as you head south!!
      But wow have I got used to it!!!!! – your orange sunset sky has now officially overtaken the best of your blues as seagulls favourite

Sea-Troll’s favourite has to be the giant moose though

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
        I had a quick lunch not to miss the 7 sisters which could be seen today (first time I had seen them actually)
        I am sooooo jealous!

What a perfect last day. Such beautiful lights and beautiful landscapes... Stunning.
        MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
        Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
        My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Thanks Seagull
          Sarnia: I'm sure you will have your last day this year

Comment

Great photos from a very interesting voyage

Comment

Thank you - it was a pleasure for me to write this report and publish my photos. It was like a second trip to appreciate it even more.

Comment

Thank you very much Panji for sharing everything with us. Very appreciated.

Comment

And just to end the thread...

On the morning of Day 11, at 7.30 I am heading to the station, bound for Oslo.

(I have the thought that if there is another time, I might leave the ship in Trondheim again and go to Røros before heading to Oslo (it is not that far from Trondheim)).

(Also if I had checked thorougly every option before booking for this January trip, I would have found that the price of the full round trip was approximately the same as Bergen-Kirkenes-Trondheim (or 4€ more maybe!). Very strange ... But when I figured it out I had already bought my flight from Trondheim. I have never done the southbound Trondheim-Bergen route as a matter of fact...

During the train ride there was a bit more snow of course, it was nice. It dropped to -15°C (I like the display of the temperature on the train)

And in Oslo, I saw a bit of ice I did not get the chance to see in Kirkenes (but maybe there was not anyway!) !

Well, bye bye all - see you later on the forum (it's been a pleasure travelling with you )

Comment

Working...
                  X