Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Hello Yves,
    I'm coming on board PETIBATO with you before the thread goes any further The voyage looks promising!
    (I'm glad to hear your cabin was quiet. I hope mine in January will be too as it is located right above yours: 302.)

Comment

At breakfast time everybody was unable to keep one’s eyes open. During night we had , all of us to find a method to stay stable in a berth which always moved. Every man for himself, that’s the rule.
      But in the morning we shared our experience and had a lot of fun. All the more because the sea became calm!
      Then , from Statlandet to Torvik we were able to enjoy the beautiful landscape.
      Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:17.

Comment

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:16.

Comment

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:12.

Comment

Since Itake pictures on the portside wing bridge.

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:09.

Comment

Does our Captain smoke inside?
              No, no, no he knows it's forbidden.
              Surely he eats a stick of chalk for braekfast!

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                Does our Captain smoke inside?
                No, no, no he knows it's forbidden.
                Surely he eats a stick of chalk for breakfast!
                What do you mean; "it is forbidden"???
                Surely the Captain decides what is allowed and what is forbidden on his own Bridge?? (At least that is what it was like in "my days")

Besides, it looks to me like he is talking on a portable VHF with an antenna, not eating chalk.
                Eating chalk should be forbidden, otherwise they could run out and not be able to tell their guests when the ship will sail.

Next stop, Aalesund. Looking forward to the continuation.

Comment

[QUOTE=ombugge;98605]
                  Besides, it looks to me like he is talking on a portable VHF with an antenna, not eating chalk.

What do you mean, Ombugge? Are you telling me they eat antennas?
                  I can't believe that,it seems too much stunning. Even for a Frenchman.
                  Anyway, antennas are less nourishing than chalk, it's well known, especially by nutritionists.

Comment

There are still autumn colours, it is beautiful ...
                    I realize I've never seen this lighthouse (#63). About what time of the day do you come through it ?
                    Last edited by PanjiS; November 15th, 2012, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
                      There are still autumn colours, it is beautiful ...
                      I realize I've never seen this lighthouse (#63). About what time of the day do you come through it ?
                      More or less one hour before our call at Torvik.I'm sure Cecilia knows EXACTLY where it is.
                      Anyway this period is enjoyable: you start in automn and finish in winter.
                      Last edited by yvneac; November 15th, 2012, 22:15.

Comment

The Torvik call.

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 12:07.

Comment

Stern of PETIBATO

PETIBATO at work

Last edited by yvneac; March 20th, 2013, 19:41.

Comment

More or less one hour before our call at Torvik.I'm sure Cecilia knows EXACTLY where it is....
                            Oh what a reputation I've got!
                            Fortunately I can identify this as being Flåvær Fyr on Herøy.
                            Phew! ….reputation intact!!!!

Lovely mood in that photo, and also in #62 which I somehow feel conveys the exact turn of the season.
                            I always like Torvik. I had a number of photos from different years between which there had been some change or other in a building, field or other detail –a sort of spot the difference game. I had better come back to this thread tomorrow to scrutinise your photos in more detail!

Comment

[QUOTE=Seagull;98617]Oh what a reputation I've got!
                              Fortunately I can identify this as being Flåvær Fyr on Herøy.
                              Phew! ….reputation intact!!!!

Amateurs call that a reputation. If I was not afraid to appear as a fawner I would say that this route has no secrets for you.I am admiring.Sincerely.

Comment

At Hurtigriten I leave my suit case and head for the stairs before an employee told me it’s the way to reach normal boats, not mine.
                                I am sure using "normal" he meant all these other "boring-regular-cubic-cruise-ship-like" vessels Hurtigruten owns. Of course a "normal" boat has to look like MS Lofoten if we speak of "normal" meaning "real" or "authentic". But we have such a nice language patchwork and this is causing a lot of misunderstandings.

Such a great pleasure to read this thread, find Martin in action again and see all these wonderful pictures. It is such an at-home-feeling to see all these well known corners. And yes, J-O, it is as charming and warm as it can be! The oberservation lounge is for me the big difference between Lofoten and Nordstjernen. This place and the walk-around on bridge deck had been my favourite area for 10 days. That is the reason that Lofoten is "my ship". I am glad you liked the position of your cabin. I think it is the most comfortable postition on the ship. The only disadvantage is that the crew cabins are beside and there is a lot of movement through the door leading to these cabins. However my dream is a travel in a 3xx cabin, open the door and smell and feel the wind and the sea...
                                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X