My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

We were only ten permanent passagers onboard with some locals from time to time sailing port to port.
    Then, quickly, this boat became OUR boat, being among friends, feelin us privileged.At a call in Rorvik when a group of MS Nordnorge went and visit Lofoten we considered that was a n invasion
    I am happy for you Yves, that's great! I just hope it will be the same in January Looking forward to reading you about your trip! Welcome back.

Comment

Martin , my friend
      For sure I will go back to Norway , this country is a drug , when you taste it you get addict.
      It was great to meet you in Bodo.
      When we crossed together in the stairs I could ask you :«*Dr Livingstone, I suppose ?*»
      And it was funny to see you with all these teenagers as a father keeping on eye the children .

Comment

Yves, I know we are in for a delightful series of images once you start posting. From what you say above I think it will remind me so much of my trip on the Kong Olav. It is the only holiday by ship that I have taken, but looking at the bigger vesels I just don't think they are for me, even the Hurtigruten ones.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          It is always fantastic to see that members of CVF are getting opportunities to meet and greet!
          That's true J-O. And we must all pay homage to you for having made these things possible.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            Yves, I know we are in for a delightful series of images once you start posting. From what you say above I think it will remind me so much of my trip on the Kong Olav. It is the only holiday by ship that I have taken, but looking at the bigger vesels I just don't think they are for me, even the Hurtigruten ones.
            Never say never, Ivy.Lofoten is unique, but the coast of norway is unique as well.So even aboard a new boat ,in automn or winter this voyage is magic!
            Anyway if you expect a trip there, forewarne me.I could have a relapse.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
              So just few words about this voyage: Great Wonderful Super Awe-inspiring….
              We were only ten permanent passagers onboard with some locals from time to time sailing port to port.
              Then, quickly, this boat became OUR boat, being among friends, feelin us privileged.At a call in Rorvik when a group of MS Nordnorge went and visit Lofoten we considered that was a n invasion ( nevertheless, smile a bit strained, we welcome them….a trifle condescending!)
              Great to hear to hear that you have enjoyed your trip.

When you tell about the Nordnorge-invasion i Rørvik, I get a big smile on my face and instantly come to think about last year when a whole group of CVF-members on tour on Nordnorge made a super-quick walk-thru on Lofoten: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...5437#post75437

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                Great to hear to hear that you have enjoyed your trip.

When you tell about the Nordnorge-invasion i Rørvik, I get a big smile on my face and instantly come to think about last year when a whole group of CVF-members on tour on Nordnorge made a super-quick walk-thru on Lofoten: http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...5437#post75437
                I smile too Tommi but that time a real smile of complicity.

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
                  I am happy for you Yves, that's great! I just hope it will be the same in January Looking forward to reading you about your trip! Welcome back.
                  Don't worry, Valerie, you will enjoy. And since I shall not be onboard you'll be able to see northern lights !

Comment

Never say never, Ivy.Lofoten is unique, but the coast of norway is unique as well.So even aboard a new boat ,in automn or winter this voyage is magic!
                    Anyway if you expect a trip there, forewarne me.I could have a relapse.
                    All of Norway is unique. But for me the means of transport is part of it, and it seems that Lofoten is all that is left of the old way of a Hurtigruten being part of everyday life there and not just a larger, more impersonal boat aimed at the tourist. On the K.O. it was the size, the intimacy and the fact that this was a working boat for cargo and local passengers travelling up and down the coast and that any tourists on board must fit in with that fact, that was half the fun. Nowadays, of course, I appreciate that finance dictates a different scenario and more tourists are needed. So be it!
                    You said:
                    Due to her low waterline one can have a physical contact with the sea and appreciate (or not!) its many whims.
                    So true, Yves. If I ever return it must be, for me, Lofoten or nothing. In which case I'll warn you!!!
                    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

After a wonderful week of keeping up with Lofoten day by day, (even hour by hour!) I seem suddenly miles behind keeping up with the excitement of this thread! So just to quickly add my delight at the meeting with Martin, and a lot of laughing at the Nordnorge invasion!

Comment

Glad to see you back Yves and glad you had a great time! (I wasn't worried, too bad about the Northern Lights though, but they are just the icing on a very wonderful cake).
                        I'm looking forward to your pictures (hope you will be more efficient than me in posting).
                        MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                        Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                        My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

That's true J-O. And we must all pay homage to you for having made these things possible.
                          Naaah.... I only made the forum, I'm not in any way responsible for all you wonderful members meeting!

But, yes, it pleases my heart very much to see and read about all these members meeting.
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

ONCE UPON A TIME

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 16:04.

Comment

Easy fly from Paris to Bergen via Oslo. As usual, at checking one told me I get back my luggage in Bergen, but fortunetely, I knew he was wrong (it’s true via Copenhague) : french relevance in airports will always be an interresting philosophical subject!
                              In Bergen I found what we call in French «*un temps de gueux*» (a beggar weather). Rain, rain,rain. And you know what, I was happy, as Tex Avery’s dog.
                              From Flesland - its ballet of taxis, buses, cars…- to terminalen, a big pullman only for me , I feel like a VIP.
                              At Hurtigriten I leave my suit case and head for the stairs before an employee told me it’s the way to reach normal boats, not mine. Philistine! Does it mean Lofoten is abnormal? It looks as if the intelligence of this boy is limited but today I forgive that kind of blunders.
                              I go straight on, arrive on the quay and there-believe me- there, she is: PETIBATO is here : in childish french PETIBATO could be translated by Little Boat, it’s the name I give to LOFOTEN and , after all it’s my right, I am 58 years old!
                              Now, let’s go.

Comment

At Bergen on the rain.

Last edited by yvneac; March 21st, 2013, 16:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X