X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
    Thanks' Ivy and Cecilia.
    Today at lunch Françoise,my sweet darling,said with her dubious smile (the worst!) that I'm so clumsy I risk during the trip,looking for the toilets to fall overboard.It will be busy for your guardian angel,she adds.
    Execrable sense of humour!
    Well maybe she'snot so wrong.
    So,Ivy and Cecilia if you'refree the first week of November,the job belongs to you.
    YVES
    Then I must give my wings a good shampoo, fluff them up and practice my protective hovering!
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      Then I must give my wings a good shampoo, fluff them up and practice my protective hovering!
      ...and the halo...don't forget to polish the halo!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        ...and the halo...don't forget to polish the halo!
        Indeed.You'll have to be the smartest guardian angels!

Comment

Halo? Oh, but that's a permanent fixture.
          Ivy

Comment

and practice my protective hovering!
            Yes, well .... ahem, had a few nose-dives there and a few feathers fell out of their sockets. But I've stitched them back on (finest silk gossamer thread, naturally) and think I've got this hovering lark sorted now.
            Just listen out for a sudden onrush of un-angelic wings descending upon you - in case. (dunno)
            Ivy

Comment

Just listen out for a sudden onrush of un-angelic wings descending upon you - in case. (dunno)
              I will, Ivy, I will.

Comment

So excited for you Yves...I've just been watching Lofoten arriving in Kristiansund on the webcam!

Comment

Lofoten left Floroe right in schedule. Looks loke calm weather for the next days, not too cold and clear nights between Trondheim and the Lofot Islands. Winds are coming from the south. I don't know, what this means for waves and polar lights. Maybe the experienced Norwegian friends can explain?
                  The adventure can begin.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I was, and I still am, so sorry I had to work last weekend when Yves passed by Bodø.

Due to a big handball-tournament and event in Bodø, I was asked to be a bus-driver to transport teams and handball-players between several arenas, airport and hotels. At saturday november the 3`d that ment about 10 hours work.

So there my meeting with Yves was gone, I thought.

But when I found out that 2 handball-teams from Lofoten wanted transportation to the Northbound Hurtigrute, I brought my compact-camera with me in my pocket just in case I stumbled into our friend "yvneac".

And STUMBLED in to, is the right word. Because all of the sudden whe "stumbled" over each other in the stairs oboard Lofoten. I was helping to carry some luggage on board. And I was so surprised when someone suddenly asked : Martin?????

I even forgot to to speak English. But there was an emediate connection. We got some very few minutes to talk. Few, but very memorable an valuable minutes to me.
                    Dear friend Yves.......... At once I felt your fiendship. And you are indeed that kind of person I want to know BETTER........

I have a few pictures from our meeting. And a few pictures of Lofotens departure. I will wait to Yves are going to post HIS pictures. But I can`t wait to post these 2 pictures here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for those valuable minutes, Yves..........

Comment

Great story Martin! So nice that you were able to meet with Yves!
                      Those pictures will be a treasured memory for him, I'm sure (the last one is so perfectly framed!).
                      MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                      Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                      My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

It is always fantastic to see that members of CVF are getting opportunities to meet and greet!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Martin, though brief, what a wonderful few moments those must have been for you both. And to think that they almost didn't happen!
                          Ivy

Comment

It is a nice story indeed!

Comment

Back to Caen after a whole day in Paris for the Edward Hopper exhibition in Grand Palais. Great but I need to return since I confess that my mind was still on the Lofoten wing bridge.
                              I shall class and make over my photos as soon as possible, not before next week I guess.
                              So just few words about this voyage: Great Wonderful Super Awe-inspiring….
                              We were only ten permanent passagers onboard with some locals from time to time sailing port to port.
                              Then, quickly, this boat became OUR boat, being among friends, feelin us privileged.At a call in Rorvik when a group of MS Nordnorge went and visit Lofoten we considered that was a n invasion ( nevertheless, smile a bit strained, we welcome them….a trifle condescending!)
                              A voyage aboard Lofoten is really different. Due to her low waterline one can have a physical contact with the sea and appreciate (or not!) its many whims.
                              We were Lucky to have all kind of weather: rough and smooth sea , sun and rain, blue light, snow at Kjollefjord and Berlevag, in fact the whole Norwegian range of November except big storm and northern lights. I must come back.
                              Last but not least two very friendly meetings with Martin and arcticGateway . Thank’s to them for this warm welcome.

Comment

Dear Yves
                                So nice to hear you are safe back home. And also nice to hear your voyage was THAT successfull. That give me a good feeling you will return to Norway and another voyage in near future.
                                And I am quite sure we will meet again.

In the meantime I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks, when your photos will appear on my CVF-screen

Comment

Working...
                                X