X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My voyage onboard ms lofoten november 2012

AUREVOIR PETIBATO....
    See you soon PETIBATO
    Yes Sarnia, departure on January 6 for me, one month to go! Maybe like Yves I will post a thread (or not, I can be shy )
    Being so few on board would be fantastic indeed ...
    I would be glad to say hello to any member that would come to harbour too!

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post

Thank you so much for your kind comments Cecilia but you overvalue my little pics.
      With my camera I am not able to do an half of a quarter of what YOU do with yours.
      Dear Seagull......Can you hear me ??????

Something tells me that you have heard such modest speach from another member

I think it is time that YOU educate our friend Yves, to NOT be so modest. Just the same way you educate me.......OK ????

Dear yvneac..........

Photo-quality is not ONLY overexpencive and oversized lences, super-sharpness, fancy frames, tonns of pixles, funny and strange effects, and digital computer-tools.
      To me photo-quality is as much the STORY a picture tells me. Your pictures in this voyage report is so full of LIFE. They are almost ALIVE, so we can feel it. Each pictures are not only a picture, but they tells me a story. one by one. And all together as a wonderful "compendium" of the life at the coast of Norway in november.

I just LOOOOVE this voyage report. And in a strange way I feel a relationship in your way of telling stories full of life, with pictures. Thank you so much, Yves.

Comment

I have to say thank you for you posting pictures from your trip here.
        From time to time I look into this thread, often after breakfast with a cup of coffee in my hand....

Now, I've seen many churches of that type in image 2 of post #203.
        But with a chimney...??

Is that original, or did they build a fireplace and chimney after a while...?
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
          Photo-quality is not ONLY overexpencive and oversized lences, super-sharpness, fancy frames, tonns of pixles, funny and strange effects, and digital computer-tools.
          To me photo-quality is as much the STORY a picture tells me. Your pictures in this voyage report is so full of LIFE. They are almost ALIVE, so we can feel it. Each pictures are not only a picture, but they tells me a story. one by one. And all together as a wonderful "compendium" of the life at the coast of Norway in november.
          I agree with you so much Martin, and this is exactly what I was trying to say when I said that I could feel warmth in Yves' pictures.
          MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
          Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
          My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

[QUOTE=Sterkoder;100150]I
            From time to time I look into this thread, often after breakfast with a cup of coffee in my hand....
            Now, I've seen many churches of that type in image 2 of post #203.
            But with a chimney...??

Enjoy your coffee Sterkoder!
            No idea about the chimney.The only thing I know is that the church of Honningswaag is one of the few buildings saved after Randulic's destructions in 1944.
            Maybe Mark has more knowledges?
            Last edited by yvneac; December 7th, 2012, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
              See you soon PETIBATO
              Yes Sarnia, departure on January 6 for me, one month to go! Maybe like Yves I will post a thread (or not, I can be shy )
              You will Valerie,you will.At least because it's enjoyable:you feel like still being onboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                I agree with you so much Martin, and this is exactly what I was trying to say when I said that I could feel warmth in Yves' pictures.
                Thank you Sarnia and Martin.
                But you know like me that this voyage is,in any case, very inspiring.

Comment

Let me also send a big "thank you" for posting this report. It was such a big fun to follow a "dream voyage" again. You expressed - with words and pictures - the mood and sentiments so well, that it is transporting perfectly what a winter cruise on the last traditional Hurtigruten ship is actually.

So this is a good orientation for everyone. If you like this report, this is definitely the perfect voyage for you. - If you say, naaah cold, lonesome, dark, old.... then book a summer cruise on a newer ship and keep Lofoten free for the geeks like us.

I am so often aboard this ship in my dreams, it is like a relaxation exercise for me, when i am stressed. So following this report, it was pure relaxation.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post
                    Dear Seagull......Can you hear me ??????
                    Something tells me that you have heard such modest speach from another member I think it is time that YOU educate our friend Yves, to NOT be so modest. Just the same way you educate me.......OK ????
                    ....Thank you so much for your kind comments Cecilia but you overvalue my little pics.
                    With my camera I am not able to do an half of a quarter of what YOU do with yours....
                    Hello there you two!
                    You know, it was so clear that in those brief minutes you met you had an instant rapport, and that connection and similarity is also very apparent to me in your trip reports, both in your way with words and the way your photos accompany them. It’s true Yves, I had to bully Martin time and time again to share more of his photos with us! In one way you have been less shy, but when it comes to a photo like that one in Berlevåg, I can see I shall have to be strict with you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Yves, don’t be misled my Official Photographer rank. Asimut is the one that is really deserving of that title, and I should perhaps have Captain invent another rank for me! Although I do have a knowledge of the technical side of photography (largely from scientific contexts in previous work), it’s not really what excites me in my own picture taking, and in the work of others it’s more a matter of “IWITT” : “I Wish I’d Taken That”!
                    Your PETIBATO in Berlevåg is very IWITT!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=yvneac;100152]
                      Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      No idea about the chimney.The only thing I know is that the church of Honningswaag is one of the few buildings saved after Randulic's destructions in 1944.
                      Maybe Mark has more knowledges?
                      I don't know much either - hopefully one of the Norwegians can tell us more.

What I do know is that the Church dates back to 1885 - some bits here: http://www.kirkesok.no/kirker/Honningsvaag-kirke

I can't find anything directly about the chimney (although as you know, it does get cold!!) - but I did find some interesting photos in 'Nordkapp - Ytterst i verden' explaining that since the Church was the last thing left standing after the Burning in 1944, when the locals returned it was used as dormitory, kitchen, workshop and bakery until they could start to rebuild the village. Maybe that's related to the chimney?
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Sorry.By wanting to create new albums on Pbucket I delated those who appeared on this forum.They're still in Pbucket but don't know how I could download them again to CVF.
                        That's not the last straw,anyway.

Comment

Sorry.By wanting to create new albums on Pbucket I delated those who appeared on this forum.They're still in Pbucket but don't know how I could download them again to CVF.
                          That's not the last straw,anyway.
                          One (painful) solution would be to edit your message one by one and replace the image web adress by the new one (for each image...).
                          MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                          Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                          My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Working...
                          X